Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

C9DncKxXgAAjKId.thumb.jpg.a0a5c8764a312937d46d30d34bc7eb93.jpg

Well, considering that we're getting a new Nintendo Direct soon, what do you think the chances are on more info on Sonic Forces?

Honestly, I think it's unlikely that we'd get news on a non nintendo exclusive Sonic game in a Nintendo Direct, but considering this franchise's history with April announcements I'd say we must be due for something real soon.

Just now, Diogenes said:

Yeah but not all jokes are witty.

And who said that?

Well, considering that we're getting a new Nintendo Direct soon, what do you think the chances are on more info of Sonic Forces?

Honestly, I think it's unlikely that we'd get news on a non nintendo exclusive Sonic game in a Nintendo Direct, but considering this franchise's history with April announcements I'd say we must be due for something real soon.

EDIT: Okay I genuinely have no idea what happened here. I just wanted to edit it but I guess I must have somehow glitched the system and duplicated my post... ?

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yeah but not all jokes are witty.

And who said that?

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It needs to be funny and clever to be witty. Calling someone a butt is funny, but I wouldn't call it clever.

You're just arguing semantics at this point. Either way you want to cut it, that just one example of a variety of other witty remarks he has made.

EDIT--damn 503 error

2 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Well, considering that we're getting a new Nintendo Direct soon, what do you think are the chances on more info on Sonic Forces? Honestly, I think it's unlikely that we'd get news on a non nintendo exclusive Sonic game in a Nintendo Direct, but considering this franchise's history with April announcements I'd say we must be due for something real soon.

I doubt it, it still wasn't that long ago that we last got info on the game. I wouldn't expect anything until E3, probably.

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

And who said that?

Well you seemed to consider the inclusion of humor to be a counterpoint to what I said. I'm not really sure what you meant by it otherwise.

This site error is killing me...

Well you seemed to consider the inclusion of humor to be a counterpoint to what I said. I'm not really sure what you meant by it otherwise.

That's a huge jump in assuming "All jokes are witty" from "Witty also has humor to it," dude.

Although considering how "mouthy punks" are, I don't see how even that isn't considered a witty character either. Like I said, it's a broad term.

That's a huge jump in assuming "All jokes are witty" from "Witty also has humor to it," dude.

Then did you have a point in bringing up that wit includes humor? Because when we started I was under the impression that we were both already aware of that.

Although considering how "mouthy punks" are, I don't see how even that isn't considered a witty character either. Like I said, it's a broad term.

There can be some overlap, but a mouthy punk is more crass than clever.

this is just semantics guys c'mon

44 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Well, considering that we're getting a new Nintendo Direct soon, what do you think the chances are on more info of Sonic Forces?

Don't expect to hear anything about the game until E3.

39 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Then did you have a point in bringing up that wit includes humor? Because when we started I was under the impression that we were both already aware of that.

Yes. They were the other examples in my initial post detailing the other witty dialogues Sonic made that you omitted when you quoted me because you didn't find an insult with the word "butt" witty.

It was also when you told me to take it up with the dictionary when you limited "witty" to inventive and clever before I mentioned humor being apart of it.

Now how in the world does any of that read "All jokes are witty" from what I've said, much less discredit the idea of Sonic having a sense of wit?

There can be some overlap, but a mouthy punk is more crass than clever.

Define clever and explain how Sonic is less that and more crass. Because "crass" sounds more like the opposite of Sonic.

The definition of "witty" and the extent to which this word applies to Sonic isn't too relevant to the discussion of Sonic Forces, so let's try to get a move on.

• Thumbs Up 6

Those would be the only games that did them, yes? Probably not.

But you can't really do rain wrong if it's purely aesthetic...

I'd like to see something we haven't seen before short of a visceral "womb" level (although they're more than welcome to cheat and make something close, like Capcom did in Megaman ZXA's Ouroburos level).

Question is, what haven't we already done? We've seen several alien worlds, dimensions, spooky and/or magical castles, the inside of black holes, a multi-planetary space elevator theme park, and a cluster of other things that I think one of the primary ways they could make something fresh is to mix level tropes together, like say a floating rocky level with lightning flickering everywhere and causing electric damage.

...And I have a feeling we've already done that as well.

I know we moved past the witty argument but....

Butt = Bot. Not that hard to understand as a joke but anyway on the topic of levels.

I actually am quite suprised there aren't that many rain levels in the series, and I find them quite enjoyable and relaxing.

And when you think about it, this is a post-apocalypse game where Eggman wins so a thunder stormy type rain level surely wouldn't be out of the question.

It could either reflect on the disasters Eggman inflicted or just a sad moment of what went wrong.

Eh, just spitballing here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic typically saves his smart remarks for after the battle's won...

A few quick quips before a fight...

5 hours ago, BlueParadox said:

I don't know if it's because I'm in a state of feverish delirium or because that image is low quality, but I'm looking at Forces & Mania side by side and thinking

"Like, why do we even complain about how Sonic looks, man... it's all  just the same in the end..."

• Thumbs Up 2

That boost graphics. That shoul-...that's how it should've always looked. Like DBZ auras, just like in Sonic Rush.

• Thumbs Up 8

Cool, looking forward to getting some more info.

33 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

Inb4, this thread earns 20 more pages.

Only 20? We'll double the size of this thread before the month is out or break SSMB trying! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

The boost effect looks like the one from the Wii version of Unleashed.

That isn't a compliment.

Interesting how Famitsu seems to be (hard to tell from the translations) referring to both games as "Project 2017," I wonder if that's just their interpretation or if SEGA classifies the games that way.

4 hours ago, Depression Kong said:

That isn't a compliment.

It's just a stylistic design choice.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild uses a somewhat similar style and I'd hardly call that a bad looking game.02-1.thumb.jpg.6918192532551bd66de629f455b1b9fb.jpg

They easily could've re-used the effect from Unleashed/Generations. I like the new one though, it looks more chaotic.

40 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

That isn't a compliment.

Comments like this provoke the instinct to receive clarification and understanding.

And after 20 seconds of inspection, I have to say...that it looks nothing like Unleashed Wii's Boost effect...

• Thumbs Up 8

4 hours ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild uses a somewhat similar style and I'd hardly call that a bad looking game.

It works in Breath of the Wild because that game's art-style uses soft, cel-shaded colours and shapes. Effects/particles with bold colours and sharp edges stand out from everything else. Forces doesn't have that art-style (and let's be real, a cel-shaded Sonic game would look terrible) so it just feels like an unnecessary change.

All that being said, I'm sure it'll look much better in motion.