Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

11 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

casual.thumb.jpg.793916f2f7339a1dba260cf74cb08748.jpg

Higher quality image of the whole shot.

New character looks like a cat. Intriguing.

Oh it's just.. Honey the Cat?

I'm not passing judgement yet... but... I mean they have to know by now how many people want those other characters back right? The two things that I feel at least a little confident in believing that people haven't asked for are the two extremes opposite of that idea which is "A new-new playable character" and "Continuing to not use the characters we already have". 

And yet somehow it feels like they're doing both of those at once instead.

Tails, at the very least right? At the very least? No? Classic Sonic again? But he's in Mania... what? Oh I have to play as him in Forces too? Modern fans have to share but Classic fans don't? Alright... I'll buy it anyway I guess...

Still love that premise. Holding onto that with an iron grip. I wish it were in a game where I could play as that there resistance but I'm holding onto it for dear life. I kind of have no choice. I'm a pistol whipped little bitch at this point.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Where? I can't see any tail on him. 

Oh wait no, It's his right hand, sorry, the dust made it a bit hard to notice it was a hand.

7 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Oh it's just.. Honey the Cat?

The silhouette doesn't fit. Honey has some "paper snowflake"-esque things on her ears and she wears a skirt similar to Amy's.

Stf-honey-cselect.pngStf-honey-amy.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

Physics deconfirmed for Forces

Booster.JPG

EDIT: DAMNIT INDIGO

I said it before either of you. :angry:

Anyway, guess I'll go take a shower or something. Cleanse myself of this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

casual.jpg.53892ee4d28cdceebea943df54c83c4d.thumb.jpg.6fa18f80b90f47bad9d7540cc65a3851.jpg

Turned up the contrast on the new character. He has a weird wide stance, I think that's why people are saying he looks too generic-western cartoon

• Thumbs Up 3

Why is the visual style a dumbed down amateurish version of Green Hill from Generations? The textures, lighting, level details, along with everything else looks so incredibly bland, empty, and lazy in comparison to Generations. The game is due out later this year. This is representative of the final game. I've lost a ton of hope for this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

reminder that between how generic that sillhouette looks, how much sonic team is hiding who the third character is, "... Iizuka also teased that there will also be a third playable character that will “play an important role in the story.” This character is set to be revealed this year during E3. In Sonic Forces Dr. Eggman will have already taken over the majority of the world due to a new power that he has obtained, but it is that same power that summons this third character and will lead to his undoing", the marketing focusing on "YOU join the resistance!"...

well, let's just say you were venom snake too :^)

• Thumbs Up 6

That level looks so bad that I'm actually starting to think it's some sort of test stage, at least as far as the level design goes. I don't know why they'd show something like that though.

• Thumbs Up 3

See no reason for these boost pad locations, unless they're for Chemical Plant style sections then I can't justify their presence here. I can't. 

My hope is these are sparse and only for spectator sections. 

Again, can only hope. Please Sega.

5 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I think I've figured out who the new guy is:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20160616113614

Iizuka only said Boom!Sonic wouldn't appear! He never said the Boom series as a whole would be absent!

I was thinking the same freaking thing!

Spoiler

Tho the difference is the ears are more pointed.

But yeah, starting to get concerned about the dash pads all over the place...

Green Hill looks blockier than Generations' version of it, more like the original. I prefer Generations'.

Green Hill being in is really lame. We already have Mania, there's no need for it here.

On another note,, maybe people were right about places fusing together? The Sandfalls are weird.

On 4/12/2017 at 4:29 PM, ShroomZed said:

Oh yay, so not!Green Hill and a dash pad right in front of the loop. Welp, alright. 

Yep. Par's the course for 2D levels in (Kishimoto's) Sonic Team games now. 

lbUO3IC.png

latest?cb=20130718142137

• Thumbs Up 9

4 minutes ago, The KKM said:

reminder that between how generic that sillhouette looks, how much sonic team is hiding who the third character is, "... Iizuka also teased that there will also be a third playable character that will “play an important role in the story.” This character is set to be revealed this year during E3. In Sonic Forces Dr. Eggman will have already taken over the majority of the world due to a new power that he has obtained, but it is that same power that summons this third character and will lead to his undoing", the marketing focusing on "YOU join the resistance!"...

Umm, I'm genuinely scared that the Larry rumour might actually be real after all. What if this is the template for a customisable character...?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

That looks like it could be Fang without his hat...

It really doesn't, at all. The cheek tufts are wrong, the ears are wrong, no indication of his huge tail, the gloves are wrong, the shoes are wrong, no indication of a belt...

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

casual.thumb.jpg.793916f2f7339a1dba260cf74cb08748.jpg

Higher quality image of the whole shot.

New character looks like a cat. Intriguing.

Oh wow. Didn't actually expect to see anything about this game here. And we get Classic Sonic gameplay and a silhouette of the new character. Amazing how we get more information about the game from Nintendo then Sega lol

Anyways, new character! Looks like a cat of some sort or something in that genus I guess. Since you can't see much of him (assuming a dude because it doesn't seem to be wearing anything to cover the body), I'm holding off judgment till we see him in full. Last time that happened, everyone thought that Sticks was Marine and I don't want this to be a similar case.

and holy frick it kinda does look like Bubsy rip

• Thumbs Up 2