Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

17 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Umm, I'm genuinely scared that the Larry rumour might actually be real. What if this is the template for a customisable character...?

But wasn't it implied that there are three gameplay styles? If the character wouldn't be either modern or classic, what would be left? Choose your own power: Fist, Flight, Gun, Hammer, Fishing?

Hokay I know I'm a weirdo here but I had no issue with how GHZ looked.  Felt fresher than just using the exact same atmosphere as Generations again.  Suggests to me there's gonna be more going on in the stage than we expect, with the sand falls being just a very small part of it.

Having said that, if this is how the game starts off, compared to the Modern Sonic level we saw... that's kind of a weak opener.  They could've used Emerald Hill or something for a similar "hey casual Sonic fans this is the PAST!" confirmation effect without reusing GHZ again.

The sillouhette of the new character is so generic that I too am starting to wonder if the customisable character thing could be for real.

18 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

No one has noted how this new footage was shown for Switch. If this is indeed running on the handheld I'll have literally no reason to get it on PS4 if it looks that gorgeous on the Switch.

Nothing to confirm that, since the Modern Sonic footage used is identical to what we've seen previously.

4 minutes ago, Stritix said:

Why is the visual style a dumbed down amateurish version of Green Hill from Generations? The textures, lighting, level details, along with everything else looks so incredibly bland, empty, and lazy in comparison to Generations. The game is due out later this year. This is representative of the final game. I've lost a ton of hope for this game.

No pre-release footage is ever assured to be representative of the final game.

• Thumbs Up 6

"Hey guys, you know how fans don't want Generations 2?" 

"Yeah?" 

"LETS DO GENERATIONS 2, AND ON TOP OF THAT, RETAIN THE SAME LEVELS AS GENERATIONS 1"

I swear, it's like fucking Jerry from Rick and Morty pitched these trailers.

• Thumbs Up 6

I do not know. While excited for a new character........but then kind of iffy by how thin he looks. But besides that hearing "as classic sonic tries to find a way back to his home" lord please please do not let this be another time eater plot. Did they really do the world unite plot of getting sucked into the same world YET again.

6 minutes ago, Patron Night said:

But wasn't it implied that there are three gameplay styles? If the character wouldn't be either modern or classic, what would be left? Choose your own power: Hammer, Flight, Gun, Fist, Fishing?

Okay, word to the wise here, don't put the words "fist" and "fishing" next to each other.

I misread that in the worst possible way... ?

There's a lot of dissapointment and skepticism going on here, understandably, but I can't help but wonder what we'd be thinking about this game if Mania hadn't already come along and raised our standards.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, The KKM said:

reminder that between how generic that sillhouette looks, how much sonic team is hiding who the third character is, "... Iizuka also teased that there will also be a third playable character that will “play an important role in the story.” This character is set to be revealed this year during E3. In Sonic Forces Dr. Eggman will have already taken over the majority of the world due to a new power that he has obtained, but it is that same power that summons this third character and will lead to his undoing", the marketing focusing on "YOU join the resistance!"...

well, let's just say you were venom snake too :^)

Oh fuck you're talking about the that you can creator your own character in forces aren't you?

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It really doesn't, at all. The cheek tufts are wrong, the ears are wrong, no indication of his huge tail, the gloves are wrong, the shoes are wrong, no indication of a belt...

Except it could very well be a redesign similar to what the Chaotix have given that there is different shoes and so on.

350?cb=20160721174657Image result for Knuckles chaotix

I don't think I've seen anger this mutual in the Sonic fandom since Sonic 4. I'm actually impressed.

These next few months are gonna be painful.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, JezMM said:

Nothing to confirm that, since the Modern Sonic footage used is identical to what we've seen previously.

It's different footage I think, try and watch them side by side. During the Homing Attack chain Sonic skips one enemy, that doesn't happen on the PS4/PC/X1 footage we got previously

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I'll say is that I love how Classic Sonic's animation when bouncing off a spring is the same as Sonic CD.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Sonikko said:

It's different footage I think, try and watch them side by side. During the Homing Attack chain Sonic skips one enemy, that doesn't happen on the PS4/PC/X1 footage we got previously

...There's a commentary about the formulaicness of Modern Sonic gameplay to be made about the fact that I assumed they were identical, huh.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

Also, since when has the community suddenly decided Generations is bad?

Because we needed a justification for hating Forces, obviously.

Just now, JezMM said:

...There's a commentary about the formulaicness of Modern Sonic gameplay to be made about the fact that I assumed they were identical, huh.

Or they showed a short clip and you hadn't 100% memorized what the first gameplay video looked like?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SonicLegends said:

Except it could very well be a resign similar to what the Chaotix have given that there is different shoes and so on.

That might be plausible if there was even a single thing about the character that looked like Fang in the first place. But there isn't.

Might as well suggest it's Mighty with a redesign.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

it's less "generations is bad" and more "get a different schtick"

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

After a certain amount of years every modern sonic game becomes bad

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Very true. But Nintendo were the first ones to show the Classic gameplay so...waiting until E3 to get more of a confirmation on how it will play on the Switch. But I do suspect this will be the same version on all consoles and PC.

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

I thought it was the same footage too at first, then I noticed the HA thing. If it's Switch footage it looks surprisingly well, even though they carefully cherrypicked sections without screen space reflections and stuff. But it was running at 60fps afaik. Green Hill looks pretty bad tho, with no ambient occlusion and plain lighting going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I ironically loved what I saw.

I mean, yeah Green Hill is back WHOOPIE-DOO! Although it visually looks much simplier and I kinda like it, idk maybe it's because I kinda did like Lost World's more simplistic art style so yeah it doesn't bother me. Especially since the motion blur in Gens' more visually complex levels makes it difficult to see all the small details they added in that game in super fast speeds so yeah, I guess the visual downgrade is a necessary evil.

Also I can't believe Wild Cat is in Sonic Forces.

You all laughed at the idea of Boom Sonic being in the game but you never would've thought a villager from Boom would be a playable character?! 

#WildCatForSonicForces

#I'mATool

• Thumbs Up 2