Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm sorry but...

What in the living HELL is up with that disgusting choice of voice for the trailer? That does NOT match the game whatsoever.

I've never been nit picky over who speaks during this kind of thing before but that was terrible. This isn't Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing, you should never screw up advertising like that.

If you want the game to be epic, you need an epic voice. Not some kid friendly hug-me-lots sounding...

...I'm sorry. I'll stop.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Soniman said:

But both were still good.....and Also Nintendo. Sega's staff  not so much 

Considering I don't dislike any of the post Unleashed Sonic games and like Colors a fair bit , this news means nothing to me honestly. I'm going to judge the game by what I see in the actual GAME 

One of these days Im gonna learn to keep my damn mouth shut 

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm sorry but...

What in the living HELL is up with that disgusting choice of voice for the trailer? That does NOT match the game whatsoever.

I've never been nit picky over who speaks during this kind of thing before but that was terrible. This isn't Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing, you should never screw up advertising like that.

If you want the game to be epic, you need an epic voice. Not some kid friendly hug-me-lots sounding...

...I'm sorry. I'll stop.

What the fuck are you talking about? You mean the Nintendo Direct narrator? Kid-friendly voice? What????

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm sorry but...

...I'm sorry. I'll stop.

It wasn't a formal trailer, it was just a Nintendo employee talking over the top of assorted footage.  I can see the confusion since people will likely upload the isolated segment as a new "trailer" but it was just footage.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, ShroomZed said:

lol that's the least of our problems dude 

It's a problem to me when the advertising itself is softened up. Just no. What we see in the game is bad enough without terrible sounding trailers.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I'm sorry but...

...I'm sorry. I'll stop.

It wasn't a trailer, it was just an excerpt from a Nintendo Direct, so of course it's going to be warm and friendly. That's kind of Ninty's MO.

Why not Angel Island. Why not Emerald Hill. Why not Palmtree Panic. WHY NOT ANY OTHER NOSTALGIC STAGES BESIDES THE ONE THAT NOBODY LIKES ANYMORE?

And "boost pads" in a loop...

This is just dumb. This is just awful. And expected from the director of Sonic Lost World.

Also, Character customization please. This new character looks awful already.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm with the crew but feels better about this Zone (calling it Green Hill 3.0 based on the extra sand dune style. Not buying that it is Green Hill flat out unless Sega tell us otherwise)

Just now, MorphAndBiscuits said:

It wasn't a trailer, it was just an excerpt from a Nintendo Direct, so of course it's going to be warm and friendly. That's kind of Ninty's MO.

Seen not heard is my preference if whoever is voicing the direct makes the game sound so...

"Hey kids! We're destroying the world! But don't worry, the bombs are made of cotton!" basically...

I'm sorry for being pissy over this but that just urked me way too much.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Blue Warrior said:

What if the new ally is a female character?

They're (e: seemingly? guess I can't technically discount a bodysuit or something) naked save for the Sonic male standard shoes and gloves, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Thumbs Up 2

And I'll be the first to nit-pick over this as well...

Classic Sonic's running animation...

The blur is gone. There's no staple red circle going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know they said the actual reveal would be "unexpected" but the instant I read that I said to myself the only way for that to be true is if it was something no one saw coming. And people already suggested a new character or another Sonic. What I didn't hear suggested that often was it being one of the existing Sonic cast. And why? Because we expected them not to get used. And we were correct it looks like.

I don't feel like I'm asking for much. In fact, what I desire requires a lot less work. Just use the characters you already have (that people already like) and make a game where Sonic runs through stages and tries to take back the world from Eggman with his resistance. Send the Wisps home. Keep Classic Sonic in his own time. Just focus on one gameplay element and maybe give the others their own minor quirks... 

I really feel like you'd not only have a much easier time developing this game but it'd please a greater number of people in the end. 

I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that's somehow harder. I can't see how but I'm not a game developer so...

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm sorry but...

...I'm sorry. I'll stop.

I wish this was the only thing we had to worry about lol

• Thumbs Up 3

New trailer looked...Well it didn't look outright bad. But it was very ungood. Glad Bubsy gets to make his return though, even if it means helping to tank the review scores with some more knocks on Sonic's shitty friends. 

6 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Seen not heard is my preference if whoever is voicing the direct makes the game sound so...

"Hey kids! We're destroying the world! But don't worry, the bombs are made of cotton!" basically...

I'm sorry for being pissy over this but that just urked me way too much.

The guy's upbeat narration was even funnier when it came to Payday. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm sorry but...

...I'm sorry. I'll stop.

Really? Out of all the things that you can complain about it's that? I'm sorry man it sometimes I feel as if you complain just for the sake of complaining. 

• Thumbs Up 6

and now we've reached the point where the voice working for a third party describing the game is a point against it.

No offense but I think people are trying very hard to cast aspects of this game in the worst light possible.

4 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I think that tweet of mine sums up my reaction to the news. =P

Man, I thought it looked worse but damn.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Razorsaw said:

and now we've reached the point where the voice working for a third party describing the game is a point against it.

No offense but I think people are trying very hard to cast aspects of this game in the worst light possible.

Some probably have seen the trailer separated from the Nintendo Direct event and thought it was it's own SEGA-sanctioned thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Razorsaw said:

It oooks like it doesn't it?