Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

To change the topic a little bit, I would like to hear your predictions for the game, without being too pessimists, it's always fun to speculate.

I don't have a clue about what the game is gonna be about, but my mind really likes to create some stuff - I imagine Modern and classic Sonic running through a ruined city just like the trailer... 

I also imagine that the "worlds" will be a -ruined- style. For example, a ruined chinatown, a ruined temple, a ruined spaceship, a ruined eggman's base, a ruined forest, and a ruined village, etc. 

Also, Sonic and Sonic always finds their friends there and there through "world" to "world". 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

To change the topic a little bit, I would like to hear your predictions for the game, without being too pessimists, it's always fun to speculate.

not necessarily an prediction on my end, but i would like to turn on an dime, if this is an boost formula game. elaborating on that, i think dual analog stick control for both camera-directing and steering. would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Marcello said:

These are cartoon characters. There's no problem with goofy quirks as long as it doesn't become their whole character. I don't want Knuckles to be portrayed as a complete idiot, but I do enjoy his gullibility.

Look at Zoro from One Piece. He's generally portrayed as the bad ass. He's not the most intelligent and is occasionally shown as a bit dim admittedly, but generally he's shown to have average intelligence.

But he has the quirk of having absolutely no sense of direction. Like, none at all:

But even after all these jokes, he's still portrayed and considered as the "bad ass".

I wouldn't use One Piece as a shining example of this. In recent chapters the flanderisation of character idiosyncrasies has reached critical mass. Particularly Sanji and his whole perversion schtick.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Cakito said:

I don't have a clue about what the game is gonna be about, but my mind really likes to create some stuff - I imagine Modern and classic Sonic running through a ruined city just like the trailer... 

I also imagine that the "worlds" will be a -ruined- style. For example, a ruined chinatown, a ruined temple, a ruined spaceship, a ruined eggman's base, a ruined forest, and a ruined village, etc. 

Also, Sonic and Sonic always finds their friends there and there through "world" to "world". 

Sounds fun, kind of reminds me of Sonic CD.

6 hours ago, Cakito said:

That would actually be pretty good to see. But since there's a resistance, would there be like a "one lush green forest eggman will soon attack" kinda place?

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the resistance thing would be about gathering together all Sonic's friends for destroying all 3 giant eggman's robots. Those 3 would be too powerful even for sonic and sonic. Sonic and sonic needs their friends for saving the world, I don't know...

Also, I am not thinking in eggman being the only villain. I am pretty sure he'll be a villain this time, since in Lost World he was already "friend" of sonic. I am thinking more of a... ~eggman built a super powerful robot that got out of control, and now he/she is controlling and destroying  everything. Sonic and Sonic (& cia.) must get into some kind of COMPUTER ROOM to deactivate all robots. But eggman wants to find the COMPUTER ROOM for controlling all of the robots again and taking over the world the way he would do it.

sorry for my bad english, guys. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/23/2016 at 1:34 PM, StaticMania said:

There's no reason to get positive yet. Sonic games usually disappoint people, and the people who don't want to just be a downer cynic or just get pumped every time would take the middle ground: cautious optimism for any time a new game shows up.

New characters are cool. most franchises add maybe about 20 big character per installment. I wish that adding characters didn't becomes this taboo. Hell I would actually be interested in seeing a new human villain or otherwise that could manage to fit in just as well as eggman does.

I'm happy that we are going back to to boost formula. I love classic but unleashed and even modern generations far surpassed anything those games ever brought so I'm still hoping the classic segments have been changed quite a bit. Story wise I don't care about the general plot I just want something where it's entertaining to watch the character interact.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if it was ever brought up as an idea, but what if the game was split into several areas - for both classic and modern - with each area being a mini hub of sorts that leads to the levels. Each mini hub 'belongs' to a support character [Tails, Knuckles, Chaotix, etc], and they'd give 'missions' to you. Basically each level is a mission that unlocks after completing the last, but instead of all unlocking in the same hub, they do so in various hubs. It'd still be linear in its story, but as in an RPG you'd visit the same 'town' numerous times to complete new 'missions'. In a way, it's sort of what Unleashed did, except with roughly the same playstyles between characters [Classic and Modern Sonic].

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think they will repeat Modern Eggman and Classic Eggman together again. It'll probably be something else around Eggman and time travels.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Cakito said:

I don't think they will repeat Modern Eggman and Classic Eggman together again. It'll probably be something else around Eggman and time travels.

If Classic Sonic is here, I can't see Classic Eggman or Tails not appearing.

Yeah, what exactly stops them from using Classic Eggman when Classic Sonic is present anyway? That doesn't make any sense.

4 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

If Classic Sonic is here, I can't see Classic Eggman or Tails not appearing.

Yeah, but I am not saying he won't appear. I am saying that Eggman and Eggman probably won't work together. 

Why not? They haven't done anything that would prevent them from working together - especially when they're the same character.

I just don't want and don't imagine they working together again. They already did it in generations, so I don't want and don't believe this will become repetitive. Classic Sonic already gives us Generations vibes, and Sonic Team said it's not a sequel - so they probably want to avoid everything related to generations that it's not Classic Sonic. I'm especulating!

3 minutes ago, Cakito said:

I just don't want and don't imagine they working together again. They already did it in generations, so I don't want and don't believe this will become repetitive. Classic Sonic already gives us Generations vibes, and Sonic Team said it's not a sequel - so they probably want to avoid everything related to generations that it's not Classic Sonic. I'm especulating!

Yeah, and so did Classic Sonic himself, yet here he is again in this game working with Modern Sonic again. It's already repetitive as it is, and a Classic Eggman coming back with Modern Eggman isn't that hard to imagine them working together again, so you not wanting or imagining the Eggman's working together doesn't exactly mean much.

12 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Yeah, and so did Classic Sonic himself, yet here he is again in this game working with Modern Sonic again. It's already repetitive as it is, and a Classic Eggman coming back with Modern Eggman isn't that hard to imagine them working together again, so you not wanting or imagining the Eggman's working together doesn't exactly mean much.

They shouldn't work together, since it would give us even more Generations vibe... And I imagine that it's not what Sonic Team wants in PR2017.

And I just don't care if my opinion "mean much"... Meh, as a fan, I am only saying what I want to see and what I think it shouldn't happen in this new game. In my point of view :)

If we get more Classic counterparts in this, I kinda wanna see Classic Knuckles, since it could be be pretty fun to have the old mischief making trap master with the new more serious Modern take.

16 minutes ago, Cakito said:

They shouldn't work together, since it would give us even more Generations vibe... And I imagine that it's not what Sonic Team wants in PR2017.

And I just don't care if my opinion "mean much"... Meh, as a fan, I am only saying what I want to see and what I think it shouldn't happen in this new game. In my point of view :)

It already has more of a Generations vibe thanks to Classic Sonic. Having the two Eggman's isn't gonna make it any more or less of one, and if that's not what Sonic Team wants they could have done that by not having Classic Sonic here in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Blazey Firekitty said:

If we get more Classic counterparts in this, I kinda wanna see Classic Knuckles, since it could be be pretty fun to have the old mischief making trap master with the new more serious Modern take.

I thought that Generations missed opportunities in this respect, with both Classic Knuckles and Classic Amy; you could have made some amusing scenes out of each of them, I think.  Maybe they'll pop up if Classic Sonic's presence in 2017 isn't a unique case, but rather just one example of a past-and-present-collide sort of effect.

• Thumbs Up 9

With all this speculation about Classic Eggman and all those Death Egg Robots in the trailer, I just realized (where was I before...) that Sonic 2017 is probably going to be the next story after the events of Sonic Generations and how Eggmans escaped the white limbo... Oh yeah, looking forward to watching this story because I would like to know :D

Curse you, Sonic Lost World! What are you even in the canon..? :lol:

Sonic Colors and Generations probably were shown because of this too, meaning the story is continued!

I know I sound obvious, but I just haven't thought of a story yet with Sonic 17, because how confusing it is from what we saw and now I'm intrigued...

• Thumbs Up 2

It should be interesting to see what answers(Or further questions) about time travel the game could bring up!

• Thumbs Up 1