Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

Well, the game never happened, so what good reason did it need to be there? 

Well, it's not like the Sonic series runs on any actual kind of logic, right? If it needed to be in Sonic Generations, it was going to logically, or illogically. 

3 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:

Well, the game never happened, so what good reason did it need to be there? 

Well one can make the assumption that the Time Eater can bring back locations of "deleted" timelines, which is probably also why Stardust Speedway was in the Bad Future instead of the Good Future during the Metal Sonic fight.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic Generations happens outside of time and Sonic blowing out Solaris' candle is the one thing from the game that still happens, all he needs to do is stop that from happening and he can bring back anything from that game's bad future without causing a paradox.

• Thumbs Up 1

Think there's going to be any updates to Classic Sonic's physics? I was pretty satisfied with them, but they admittedly weren't completely accurate to the old games, so maybe Sonic Team might tweak some things?

Well, the 2d modern sonic gets changed that tiny bit between games so it wouldn't be that bad if we assumed classic's got updated a bit. What I'd like to see (or rather hear) is the spindash to not sound like a mechanical sound. I mean, it sounds like a completely different sound to me, but that could be me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think you may be onto something. The new sound does seem higher pitched and more machine like than the original revving noise did.

They didn't gave a damn about Generations when they wrote Lost World, why would they now? And Generations left a much bigger cliffhanger (how Eggman got out of the White Space, whatever happened to Robotnik...).

So yeah, really? Whatever way Lost World ended, it wouldn't matter.

I don't think Generations is canon, it exists only as a celebratory game that has references to past games (or what little references it had). 

• Thumbs Up 1

So this game isn't canon either? Since the 2 Sonic and the Eggmen work together again, they will probably reference the first time too.

I think people say it's not canon just because time travel = mess.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Jango said:

They didn't gave a damn about Generations when they wrote Lost World, why would they now? And Generations left a much bigger cliffhanger (how Eggman got out of the White Space, whatever happened to Robotnik...).

I don't think Generations' ending was ever meant to be a cliffhanger. It's just a post-credits gag, and we're meant to assume the status quo is restored.

4 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

So this game isn't canon either? Since the 2 Sonic and the Eggmen work together again, they will probably reference the first time too.

We don't know if the Eggmen are working together in this game, and regardless we haven't seen anything yet that requires Generations to be canon. They can easily ignore Generations and just make this the first time the two Sonics meet, if they really want to.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Generations can't not be canon.

Why?

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright! I graduated college today and officially have my Bachelors in English for Creative Writing. Now I can go over to SEGA and demand to write the story for this game.

Because I'm sure that's how that works. 

• Thumbs Up 4

23 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Alright! I graduated college today and officially have my Bachelors in English for Creative Writing. Now I can go over to SEGA and demand to write the story for this game.

While you are over there, talk to someone about changing shadow's voice actor pls thanks

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

While you are over there, talk to someone about changing shadow's voice actor pls thanks

Nah, keep Thornton; he's doing a fine job.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Soni said:

Nah, keep Thornton; he's doing a fine job.

No, he has the problem of " I sound like an old guy trying to do a young person's voice but its obvious and bad" not everyone is jonny young bosch where they are blessed/cursed with the ability to sound 13-20 for the rest of their existence. Or like sonic's VA who is also Chris redfield but can do a good sonic because he can adjust for that character. Kirk is a fine VA he's Pappa Rocks and Siax he's just a bad shadow, shadow requires a cadence that he just doesn't have in his range. Heck even during that sonic reveal event he seemed way more interested in voice Orbot or cubot or whatever than shadow, shadow just seems like he's forcing something out he can't really do. And its not a gruffness in his voice, that's fine, but it doesn't sound gruff it sounds like someone trying to make a gruff voice,but also trying to do a smooth voice at the same time, it sounds very fake and unnatural when compared to the smoothness in delivery of the other VA's and even shadow's previous VA's.

So i think your completely and utterly wrong , he's not doing a good job at all. God no, just no. I don't see how in any regard that he's doing a " fine job" and I think the reason Kirk Thorton complaints pop up so much is because maybe he's not. 

Just to offer a productive suggestion. Matthew Mercer would literally be perfect

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if it was union or what, but David Humphrey should've been came back as Shadow. He's one of the best English actors we've had in this series, and that's saying a shitload considering he's from the Dreamcast era. My only consolation of him getting booted is that his legacy isn't attached to ShtH nor is he gonna be wasted in this current era.

• Thumbs Up 5

23 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

No, he has the problem of " I sound like an old guy trying to do a young person's voice but its obvious and bad" not everyone is jonny young bosch where they are blessed/cursed with the ability to sound 13-20 for the rest of their existence. Or like sonic's VA who is also Chris redfield but can do a good sonic because he can adjust for that character. Kirk is a fine VA he's Pappa Rocks and Siax he's just a bad shadow, shadow requires a cadence that he just doesn't have in his range. Heck even during that sonic reveal event he seemed way more interested in voice Orbot or cubot or whatever than shadow, shadow just seems like he's forcing something out he can't really do. And its not a gruffness in his voice, that's fine, but it doesn't sound gruff it sounds like someone trying to make a gruff voice,but also trying to do a smooth voice at the same time, it sounds very fake and unnatural when compared to the smoothness in delivery of the other VA's and even shadow's previous VA's.

So i think your completely and utterly wrong , he's not doing a good job at all. God no, just no. I don't see how in any regard that he's doing a " fine job" and I think the reason Kirk Thorton complaints pop up so much is because maybe he's not. 

Just to offer a productive suggestion. Matthew Mercer would literally be perfect

Wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong but I've grown into Kirk's voice for Shadow, I do like it. I mean, I also liked Humphrey and Griffith's voicework for the character as well but to convince myself that Kirk Thornton isn't doing a good job, I can't. 

And I'm sticking to it, even if I'm wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

Humphrey good but I acknowledge nowadays, that they seem to be trying to make the character sound a bit older , so maybe he wouldn't come back now. But then that just makes Kirk's Voice direction and just choice in general even more strange. 

Just now, Soni said:

Wouldn't be the first time I'd be wrong but I've grown into Kirk's voice for Shadow, I do like it. I mean, I also liked Humphrey and Griffith's voicework for the character as well but to convince myself that Kirk Thornton isn't doing a good job, I can't. 

And I'm sticking to it, even if I'm wrong.

Hey man, maybe " wrong" was the wrong phrase, if you like him that's fine. But for me, he seems wrong on a technical level, it just seems a completely bad casting choice and kirk can't do the job in the way they are directing him

Well I don't know much about the technical level of voice acting but I don't know, he sounds just fine to me.

But enough Shadow talk, he's probably not even in Project 2017 for all I could know.

Kirk Thorton is actually a fine actor. I've heard him in other shit. It makes me wonder what kind of fucked up shit he's on when he walks up to the mic to voice Shadow and where I can get some, because that's pretty clearly not his best efforts.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Kirk Thorton is actually a fine actor. I've heard him in other shit. It makes me wonder what kind of fucked up shit he's on when he walks up to the mic to voice Shadow and where I can get some, because that's pretty clearly not his best efforts.

You want to be on some fucked up shit that makes you not put your best effort into things? Well, to each their own I guess.

As for Kirk Thornton, it's no secret that I don't like him as Shadow. To his credit he's not "nails-on-a-chalkboard" bad like Cindy Robinson's Amy was before Boom, but he's still not good. For starters his voice sounds nothing like Humphrey or Griffith's which is off-putting, especially considering that there was nothing wrong with the kind of voice they were using for him. Now, the voice itself might actually be tolerable on its own, but unfortunately Thornton's performance is even worse. It's clear that he's trying to go for this really dark, sinister sounding voice (think Dan Green's Mephiles). The problem, of course, is that "sinister" doesn't suit Shadow's character and never has. It certainly doesn't fit the heroic secret agent he was before Thornton took over, and even when he was still a villain back in SA2 he was still motivated by a sense of justice, however misguided. Arrogant and vengeful? Yes. Sinister? No. Hell, it doesn't even fit with the petty thug he's been written as since Thornton took over. To sum up the situation with Shadow: We have a character that is supposed to be a sympathetic villain who reformed and became a heroic super-spy, yet inexplicably acts like a one-dimensional bully, and sounds like none of the above. As if the situation with Knuckles weren't proof enough that SEGA can't keep their characterizations straight for shit.

To be fair to Thornton though, he did sound a bit better in Dimensions. Now don't get me wrong, he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination, but he did actually manage to turn out something which kind of, sort of, nearly, bore a passing resemblance to something which, if you turn your head and squint, is almost, vaguely in the ballpark of a passable performance. Good job Kirk!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with his "performance" really. I just think the inflection in his voice is a little off. I actually do believe Kirk can pull off a magnificent sounding Shadow. He just needs to be directed differently. 

Listening to him now you wouldn't believe he also does the voice of Orbot in the same series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just because he has the range to do orbot doesn't mean his performance as shadow isn't subpar. 

As for a poster above, I think sinister sounding shadow works, its just that he doesn't sound sinister, he sounds like he needs something to drink .

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Just because he has the range to do orbot doesn't mean his performance as shadow isn't subpar. 

That's not what I said. I said "I actually do believe Kirk can pull off a magnificent sounding Shadow. He just needs to be directed differently."

Saying that I believe he "can" pull off a good Shadow is acknowledgement that his Shadow voice needs work. The example I gave in Orbot was to support the fact that he has better range for something other than what he's doing. I also don't believe the examples I gave stretch back to what I was considering to be "performance", which I also stated.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/17/2016 at 5:22 PM, Dr. Chaotix said:

Do more lores.

My favorite lore is Classic Big.

• Thumbs Up 1