Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

42 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Project 2017 is definitely releasing this year.

...The game with the year "2017" in the placeholder name, releasing in 2017? Who would've guessed?

• Thumbs Up 6

55 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

...The game with the year "2017" in the placeholder name, releasing in 2017? Who would've guessed?

Well if you wanna be a smart ass the fact that they stated the release date was Winter  Holiday 2017 and in the video-game world, Winter  Holiday *insert year here* often means November - February. Meaning we'll be likely getting this around November/Christmas time.

2017-advert.png

Oh yeah and they have plans for games in 2018 and 2019 too.

• Thumbs Up 5

It said Holiday 2017 in the trailer.

Hm, nice to see something regarding the Sonic movie, at least so we know it's still in development.

40 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Well if you wanna be a smart ass the fact that they stated the release date was Winter  Holiday 2017 and in the video-game world, Winter  Holiday *insert year here* often means November - February. Meaning we'll be likely getting this around November/Christmas time.

2017-advert.png

Oh yeah and they have plans for games in 2018 and 2019 too.

Perhaps another All Stars Racing game and/or another Boom console game for the next few years.  

16 hours ago, Sonicfan7 said:

That would be way sooner than anyone expected. Not that I'm complaining - and technically that release would still be Winter - as the first day of Spring is March 20. 

well, maybe they finish it sooner as they thought - taxman and co. are very talented people.

5 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Just had word.

Project 2017 is definitely releasing this year. Article and sources to follow in about 30min to an hour.

This is so exciting! Looks like I'll need to put some money aside for Project 2017! :D

2017 will definitely be a good year! ^.^

5 hours ago, EllieBot said:

another Boom console game for the next few years.  

I'd be very surprised if Sega wasn't ready to close that chapter of their history, especially in light of some very disappointing sales figures.

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I'd be very surprised if Sega wasn't ready to close that chapter of their history, especially in light of some very disappointing sales figures.

Maybe not 3D so most likely 2D. Hope it still doesn't happen though.

*sighs*

My expectations for 2017 has plummeted now, seeing Super Mario Odyssey and that new Breath of the Wild trailer. I'm sure it'll be a good game but just being good isn't going to cut it now, especially with Sonic need to be at a much better place than ever before. I was really hoping for 2017 to be a very big game but I now I just don't see it happen anymore, hey atleast it won't be a piece of shit I guess.

Oh, it's coming out this winter for sure.

We got confirmation on it a few days ago on that, I just really hope whatever Sonic Team is doing with this game; I really want it to be the best 3D Sonic gaming experience it could be.

23 minutes ago, Soni said:

*sighs*

My expectations for 2017 has plummeted now, seeing Super Mario Odyssey and that new Breath of the Wild trailer. I'm sure it'll be a good game but just being good isn't going to cut it now, especially with Sonic need to be at a much better place than ever before. I was really hoping for 2017 to be a very big game but I now I just don't see it happen anymore, hey atleast it won't be a piece of shit I guess.

Dude this is literally comparing apples and oranges right now. Who cares which is better the point is that we're getting fun games just enjoy it and relax this isn't the 90's anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 9

Not like I was aware about the Nintendo/SEGA rivalry when I first knew Sonic but I don't know, it just feels like 2017 is probably going to be another "safe" game like Colors and Generations. I wasn't really that emotionally well prior to the stream anyway so I guess I shouldn't have been super excited for any major Sonic stuff, especially for 2017. But barely anything is actual known about the game so I should just shut up and see what the game has to provide.

18 minutes ago, Soni said:

Oh, it's coming out this winter for sure.

We got confirmation on it a few days ago on that, I just really hope whatever Sonic Team is doing with this game; I really want it to be the best 3D Sonic gaming experience it could be.

I don't think so, but we will see. 

38 minutes ago, Soni said:

My expectations for 2017 has plummeted now, seeing Super Mario Odyssey and that new Breath of the Wild trailer. 

You say that but...

Considering PS4 is likely the lead console in this alongside PC, look at the lineup for PS4 and Xbox one in 2017.

Platform mascot type games? Other than maybe Knack 2 (lol). Is there anything?

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

You say that but...

Considering PS4 is likely the lead console in this alongside PC, look at the lineup for PS4 and Xbox one in 2017.

The Crash N.Sane trilogy and Yooka-Laylee?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think so, but we will see. 

sonic2017.png

It says it right there.

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

You say that but...

fair enough, i guess. though i'm sure more people are excited for the crash remasters than a edgy generations like game. i'll stop talking about this, until a better idea of the game is known.

C2B3KJxVIAAPd_7.jpg

Also, looks like 2017 is only a single player game. There might be leaderboards and that kind of stuff but no co-op at all, it seems.

7 hours ago, Soni said:

*sighs*

I get where you're coming from. I like Colors/Generations and I do trust the team to deliver a quality game, but these games shouldn't be seen as the pinnacle of quality for the franchise - they need to be the minimum. Generations was still a little rough around the edges. 

I get that we're not in the console wars of the 90's but there's a lot of buzz about the return of big budget 3D platformers (even though they never actually left). Project Sonic 2017 needs to be big, bold and well above average if they want to have as much of an impact as Super Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee and even Ratchet & Clank (2016) have had so far. Sonic Team really need to step up their game this year to be on par.

• Thumbs Up 3

Any news about the voice actors who are gonna be in the game? They usually leak titles/characters/stuff. Yeah I'm that desperate for news.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

Any news about the voice actors who are gonna be in the game? They usually leak titles/characters/stuff. Yeah I'm that desperate for news.

Nope everyone has be mouths shut, we may not hear another thing about this game until May or after Mania like everyone has been saying.