Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

14 minutes ago, Hyobu Kyosuke said:

Pokémon, Gotta Catch 'Em All!! : O

*then tries to think of a ZKC catchphrase, but fails. Maybe "Yeah! Zettai! Daitan!" could work. : P*

On topic, though, I'm hoping there's some information to at least shed a little light on Project 2017, although I'm not expecting much. All I'm really expecting is something small, like tiny questions and answers with some "can't reveal that at the moment, but wait and see!" In there. I can see them maybe showing off a new zone for Mania, but nothing much for Project 2017 until E3 hits, or unless they reveal another Sonic-based event. Pretty much hoping for something, but not expecting a whole lot. : P

Webber - "Due to various reasons, Ice Cap won't be present so we're creating an ALL NEW ICE STAGE instead!!"

Iizuka - "The first stage in P17 is a completely destroyed Green Hill Zone!! Not a Generations sequel by the way!!"

(The two look at each other silently)

Simultaneously - "...Yay 90's?"

If P17 is going to be more serious I hope it can be more like the Adventure games & less like shadow & 06.  A serious story is fine, but it should still be fun & interesting.

Ok, so in Japan, there's this magazine called Nintendo Dream Magazine. This month's issue had blurbs for 2017 and Mania.

IMG_20170214_103231-750x500.jpg

Anyone who speaks weeb Japanese would be neat to give us a full skinny on what's been said about both titles? Though I have my guesses nothing new for Mania.

Well SEGABits wrote an article saying that for 2017, that Dr. Eggman will be the main villain and as was seen from its Switch listing, there is no multiplayer features. And apparently, the title's genre is "Adventure".

So yeah, pretty excited for Sonic Adventure 3: Episode Classic Part II!

1 hour ago, Soni said:

So yeah, pretty excited for Sonic Adventure 3: Episode Classic Part II!

You know, I'd love to see the look on everyone's face if the game does turn out to be called Sonic Adventure 3 (the entire fanbase would go into hiding, haha) and then it turns out to be the best Sonic game ever made, which would silence the haters XD

I'm just so looking forward to playing a 3D Sonic game on a Playstation console again. It's been nearly six years since a new 3D Sonic was released on PS3. Can't wait to get my hands on P17.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2017-02-13 at 0:10 PM, Azoo said:

314066b89a0e2e48825de8120f94624e.png

d9f2c9e35074b23ef718309e791de26b.png

spaceghost_0.jpg

Maybe I'm just especially bitter today, but I think I'll be a lot better off when we get to a point in time that I'll never have to see that phrase associated with the series ever again.

Agreed, it's far overstayed its welcome, hell I'm getting sick and tired of the memes myself. Aaron really needs to cool it with them.

9 minutes ago, EllieBot said:

You know, I'd love to see the look on everyone's face if the game does turn out to be called Sonic Adventure 3 (the entire fanbase would go into hiding, haha) and then it turns out to be the best Sonic game ever made, which would silence the haters XD

I'm just so looking forward to playing a 3D Sonic game on a Playstation console again. It's been nearly six years since a new 3D Sonic was released on PS3. Can't wait to get my hands on P17.

...I'm imagining how the SA3 page would respond to this and draw such a scenario out in the face of pretty much everybody.

Then again, after over 10 years of the treatment they've had, hard to say it wouldn't be justifiable gloating. lol

(Edit)

Although... There would likely still be an extraordinary amount of backlash even if it was a success for not being like past Adventure games in this or that manner so... Dunno how to say Adventure fans would react whether it succeeds or not...

• Thumbs Up 2

^_^:wub: 

Yes, overall there appear some parallels between the procession of the most modern style of games; one can take Sonic 2006 as a prototype and then Sonic Unleashed as equivalent to Sonic 1, Sonic Colors as equivalent to Sonic 2, and this suggests in enough ways that a Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) may very well be coming next: it feels close to the quality and scope of game that Sonic Team and SEGA would be desiring to create at this point! 

I think my thought process getting here was that there still is not a Sonic 3K equivalent among the 3D/Modern era games, and that I am sure the creators and developers have made note of this and may have partially waited purposefully to try it, to learn from all previous games first!   

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

Aren't all Sonic games "adventure genre"? Except when, of course, it's a spin-off, like All-Stars Racing.

Ehhh... Pretty much...

If any game was truly "Adventure Genre" then I'd say it was Lost World since it's slower paced with exploration more focused on instead of the speed itself. Perhaps not story wise, but game play wise Lost World certainly fits, especially that SPECTACULAR ZELDA STAGE!!!!

Assuming the game releases in November, next month will be exactly the halfway point of the waiting period that started the 22nd July. Good time to start getting actual info, but if it isn't much it's understandable, all mainline holiday games after 2006 have been revealed later in the year.

I don't know what to make of the "Action/Adventure" genre, since I don't know what it encompasses for sure, I've seen it used as a super-genre to "3D platformer", so it says nothing to me besides the game will be 3D -and we know it will have 2D gameplay-.

I'll be happy with whatever the plot is so long as Baldy Mc.Nosehair isn't said at any point in the game at all.

Eggman is a big enough joke and is hard enough to consider an actual villain anymore as it is without that coming into the picture again.

46 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'll be happy with whatever the plot is so long as Baldy Mc.Nosehair isn't said at any point in the game at all.

Eggman is a big enough joke and is hard enough to consider an actual villain anymore as it is without that coming into the picture again.

If people were fine with Robuttnik mentioned several times, we can live with a fourth mention of Baldy McNosehair.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Soni said:

If people were fine with Robuttnik mentioned several times, we can live with a fourth mention of Baldy McNosehair.

I dunno... There's something different about the former that's more preferable/creative than the later...

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I dunno... There's something different about the former that's more preferable/creative than the later...

is there? It's just a simple word switch of "bot" with "butt". Nothing really creative there.

Baldy McNosehair isn't that impressive of an insult either but it's a decent insult on Eggman's physical appearance.

whichisvilebecauseeggmanisabeautifulpersonandpeoplewhodisagreearegonhavebadtem

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Soni said:

is there? It's just a simple word switch of "bot" with "butt". Nothing really creative there.

Baldy McNosehair isn't that impressive of an insult either but it's a decent insult on Eggman's physical appearance.

whichisvilebecauseeggmanisabeautifulpersonandpeoplewhodisagreearegonhavebadtem

I'll take the quick whip Egg-head zinger over the drawn out and "try too hard" Baldy Mc. Nosehair any day.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I'll take the quick whip Egg-head zinger over the drawn out and "try too hard" Baldy Mc. Nosehair any day.

How is Baldy McNosehair try hard again?

Just now, Soni said:

How is Baldy McNosehair try hard again?

It's just trying too hard to be funny, trying too hard to make Eggman all the more of a joke than many people are likely comfortable with.

• Thumbs Up 4

Dear goodness, Sola Sonica again? And, of course, most likely Wisps again. And only the core cast, as well. And a minimal plot without relevance to a continuity that's basically dead...by Iizuka's hand, at most.

Thank goodness I'm not having any expectations towards this upcoming game. It's probably gonna be more of the same all over again.

Someone, please, take Iizuka away from ST and put there someone who actually cares about this franchise as a whole. Is it asking too much?

2 minutes ago, XRick said:

Dear goodness, Sola Sonica again? And, of course, most likely Whisps again. And only the core cast, as well. And a minimal plot without relevance to a continuity that's basically dead...by Iizuka's hand, at most.

Thank goodness I'm not having any expectations towards this upcoming game. It's probably gonna be more of the same all over again.

Someone, please, take Iizuka away from ST and put there someone who actually cares about this franchise as a whole. Is it asking too much?

...I admit I'm skeptical over the game myself but that's a bit much...

I wouldn't mind having new people as a whole working at ST but I wouldn't word it like that exactly... I think he should maybe retire or turn to working for other parts of SEGA or a different company entirely. Iizuka is absolutely brilliant but his ideas for other games keep getting forced into Sonic making the franchise a bit of a mess since it's all they allow him to work on from my knowledge.

16 minutes ago, XRick said:

Dear goodness, Sola Sonica again? And, of course, most likely Whisps again. And only the core cast, as well. And a minimal plot without relevance to a continuity that's basically dead...by Iizuka's hand, at most.

Well this is a hyperbolic post. Are you suggesting that having a game with minimal involvement of the extended cast (which is critically shat on every fucking time) demonstrates a lack of care for the franchise? 

I mean, I too wish for there to be multiple characters and for the extended cast to be reintroduced in a manner that makes people not instantly hate them (though this is hard given the fucking DECADES of shitty reputation), but lets be real here. Iizuka isn't making a game like this because he doesn't care about the franchise, in fact he's probably doing it because he does care. So y'know, the franchises choppy reputation might get healed after Boom nuked all the goodwill Gens provided.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, XRick said:

On the bright side, of the Wisps are used, people will probably have finally had enough of them and REALLY demand they go away, solidifying a backlash that started with their misuse in Lost World. And if it's "core"+bland stupid newbies again and still flunks, maybe people will realize the cast is not a detracting factor at all to whether a game is good or not.

Since the upcoming panel will have a Q&A part, someone SHOULD ask Iizuka if the Wisps are in this game. Ya know, instead of ask the poor bastard "when Sonic Adventure 3 is coming?" for the millionth time... Also ask if we will see more classic characters, like Amy or Knuckles (or the return of Classic Tails), which was highly demanded for Generations.

Have any of you guys ever played Generations with the no scripting and fixing generations forever mods? If the this game ends up playing just like Generations, I hope Sonic Team takes some cues from these mods because they *almost fix Classic Sonic's somewhat stiff movement and Modern Sonic's awkward low speed control.

*I say almost because for Classic Sonic to build up speed down slopes you have to hold left or right depending on which way the slope is facing instead of the usual just curl into a ball.

Considering we might being getting a gameplay trailer for Project 2017 at SXSW, I think most of what we should ask Iizuka at the Q&A should be gameplay related, provided he's allowed to answer those kind of questions. And maybe what he thinks Sonic Mania means for the future of the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Maxtiis said:

Have any of you guys ever played Generations with the no scripting and fixing generations forever mods? If the this game ends up playing just like Generations, I hope Sonic Team takes some cues from these mods because they *almost fix Classic Sonic's somewhat stiff movement and Modern Sonic's awkward low speed control.

*I say almost because for Classic Sonic to build up speed down slopes you have to hold left or right depending on which way the slope is facing instead of the usual just curl into a ball.

Considering we might being getting a gameplay trailer for Project 2017 at SXSW, I think most of what we should ask Iizuka at the Q&A should be gameplay related, provided he's allowed to answer those kind of questions. And maybe what he thinks Sonic Mania means for the future of the franchise.

Now see, that's tricky...

I... Highly doubt it's going to play like Generations at all. It may follow a similar stage layout but the game play itself I feel isn't going to be boost centric anymore.

It's hard to explain but... The reveal trailer does AND doesn't point to Generations game play... Someone else might feel the same and be better at explaining than me. I feel like it might be more... 06/Lost World with some mach speed element involved perhaps...

• Thumbs Up 1