Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Well I'm interested. Gonna wait for Gameplay until I decide anything. I can agree that Classic doesn't feel needed but he's not killing the game for me.

I have never seen so much bottom hurt and salt from a reveal trailer for this new project while sonic mania is praised up and down for being new and exciting when it looks like a fan game slapped with segas logo as official. Honestly why cause the 2d game had gameplay? I mean im sure its easier to whip up some stages for it vastly quicker than a 3d game. Cause honestly you know darn well if they did fans would find some reason to gripe even if they showed 3d footage of how either hes not running fast enough, his jumps, or the dark tone of the game. The sonic fandom never ceases to amaze.

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I have never seen so much bottom hurt and salt from a reveal trailer for this new project while sonic mania is praised up and down for being new and exciting when it looks like a fan game slapped with segas logo as official. Honestly why cause the 2d game had gameplay? I mean im sure its easier to whip up some stages for it vastly quicker than a 3d game. Cause honestly you know darn well if they did fans would find some reason to gripe even if they showed 3d footage of how either hes not running fast enough, his jumps, or the dark tone of the game. The sonic fandom never ceases to amaze.

...have you actually read any of the replies so far, or are you just briefely skimming them for the negativity itself rather than the actual reasoning?

Serious question.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't want "sonic teams up with himself" to be a thing again, and I don't like what it implies, one bit. I don't want a plot based on Sonic meeting himself, I don't want his character interaction to be with himself. This takes space, plot time and gameplay time that could be potentially used on other characters.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Green Eyes said:

I don't want "sonic teams up with himself" to be a thing again, and I don't like what it implies, one bit. I don't want a plot based on Sonic meeting himself, I don't want his character interaction to be with himself, I don't like that this takes space and time that could be potentially used on other characters

Well since the plot of Generations was about Eggman going back in time and undoing his past failures, what if this game is about him going back in time and removing Sonic from the timeline completely?

Maybe this could be the first time since Sonic Cd where we see the time stones.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

...have you actually read any of the replies so far, or are you just briefely skimming them for the negativity itself rather than the actual reasoning?

Serious question.

Nope Im reading everything. And all I see are some upset people that a trailer with no gameplay was shown and they can not justify getting excited. When generations, unleashed, 06, did not show a lick of gameplay.

45 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

Can we stop this condescending "bluh bluh sonic fans" angle? It's really obnoxious and, like I said earlier, only comes up when people are complaining, presenting a massive double standard.

Because there is legitimately no reason to complain for a reveal trailer. So yes im sticking to that. Do not like it oh well. If it were a actual gameplay trailer and say sonic fell through a floor during it or it was buggy then yes Id be upset to but to be upset over this is just silly and absurd.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Because there is legitimately no reason to complain for a reveal trailer. So yes im sticking to that.

By that logic, there's no reason to be excited either, and yet:

For me I am beyond stocked for this.

Your words exactly. So what, we aren't allowed to be apprehensive over a reveal trailer but you're allowed to be excited over the same? Jeez, you sound like me from 6 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 7

This trailer does look pretty neat, but I hope the whole "resistance" term used means more characters other than Classic Sonic.

It is neat to see him back, but I hope there's more. Guess we just have to wait and see!

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

By that logic, there's no reason to be excited either, and yet:

Your words exactly. So what, we aren't allowed to be apprehensive over a reveal trailer but you're allowed to be excited over the same? Jeez, you sound like me from 6 years ago.

Not to say I am not stocked for the game but I am stocked a new sonic game is being made and it actually looks to have a dark story. I do not know what I am getting till it comes out. For me its the fact sonic could have just said nah we just made this 2d game  that's it go home guys. but no they said heres something else the big game were making. So im excited for that in that respect. But to be negative towards a reveal I can not fathom how did people gripe at unleashed trailer or generations? Its like being negative to sony teasing kh3 with just a reveal of the logo and some keyblades in the ground and people bashing it saying oh i did not see gameplay well i just can not like this game its just not happening for me. Goodness give them time to make a trailer with gameplay fans will not bash

So since we still haven't got the Madeon trailer, and if the teaser of Generations is anything to go by, I think we're getting a gameplay trailer very soon (like one or two weeks)

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Not to say I am not stocked for the game but I am stocked a new sonic game is being made and it actually looks to have a dark story. I do not know what I am getting till it comes out. For me its the fact sonic could have just said nah we just made this 2d game  that's it go home guys. but no they said heres something else the big game were making. So im excited for that in that respect. But to be negative towards a reveal I can not fathom how did people gripe at unleashed trailer or generations?

Well, first of all, we can safely assume that half the game will be in 2D anyway, so there's that point rendered moot. Second, you say you don't know what you're getting till it comes out. Neither do any of us, Yet you sit here and tell us we're not allowed to be pessimistic while you can be excited all you want while all of us have the same amount of information. It's a double standard, and a particularly annoying one that rears its head every time a new Sonic game is revealed.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Dizcrybe said:

Well, first of all, we can safely assume that half the game will be in 2D anyway, so there's that point rendered moot. Second, you say you don't know what you're getting till it comes out. Neither do any of us, Yet you sit here and tell us we're not allowed to be pessimistic while you can be excited all you want while all of us have the same amount of information. It's a double standard, and a particularly annoying one that rears its head every time a new Sonic game is revealed.

No what I am saying is how can anyone be negative at a reveal.....a REVEAL. It shows noting. And to say how can you get excited. I am excited cause its a new 3d sonic game on console and not nintendo bound. So yes in that light you could say your happiness is equal to the negative but again its for the fact its a new game. Not the bashing of oh noting was shown. Say if they showed the opening of sonic unleashed up to the point right before he started running towards the mechs as the reveal. Would fans still bash it just cause no gameplay and say, oh its to bright eh it do not know i cant get excited. Honestly for me its the fact how ungrateful fans are. Sega honestly could have just left us with boom if they wanted it is their franchise. All I am saying its better to support the thing you love than come out swinging with the negative. What if they came up to you at the show and asked on live stream what did you think. "Oh noting was shown so yea i do not care i cant get excited" Sonic team worked hard i know just to give us that trailer as im sure not many here could make something that looks that good even if pre rendered. Im just saying its better to show sega you support them. Maybe its cause im older and grew up with these franchises from the start im so defensive of them more than younger people. I donna age can do weird things to you lol.

I'm not trying to mini mod or anything but honestly then this thread might as well be closed till we get more info cuz the only thing I can see going on is this back and forth of being optimistic and pessimistic for like 100 pages.

11 minutes ago, MudHunter said:

So since we still haven't got the Madeon trailer, and if the teaser of Generations is anything to go by, I think we're getting a gameplay trailer very soon (like one or two weeks)

I'm not sure about Madeon. I don't know what Aaron said, since the sound went out in the stream, but in the build up to the Mania announcement, the Madeon Sonic album art was on the screen behind him. So, it could be related to Sonic Mania.

19 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Nope Im reading everything. And all I see are some upset people that a trailer with no gameplay

I'm one of those people. Not overly upset about it but it's why I can't get hyped for stuff like Kojima's new game, what's the deal with naked Norman? What's up with the baby and the cord? What am I watching? What sort of game is this going to be? not to go too off topic, sorry, anyways there's not a whole to go on and there's not much discussion to be had (arguably I guess) it'd be nice to know what we're getting into, maybe that was their intention to get fans to speculate, who's to say? But I'm seeing more confusion than hype in a few places.

That other Sonic game is getting a lot of buzz because in that 1minute and 50 something trailer there's so much to talk about because a lot was shown visually, that's just how I feel about trailers for any game with no gameplay, I'll be on the hype or disaster train when gameplay is shown.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

No what I am saying is how can anyone be negative at a reveal.....a REVEAL. It shows noting. And to say how can you get excited. I am excited cause its a new 3d sonic game on console and not nintendo bound. So yes in that light you could say your happiness is equal to the negative but again its for the fact its a new game. Not the bashing of oh noting was shown. Say if they showed the opening of sonic unleashed up to the point right before he started running towards the mechs as the reveal. Would fans still bash it just cause no gameplay and say, oh its to bright eh it do not know i cant get excited. Honestly for me its the fact how ungrateful fans are. Sega honestly could have just left us with boom if they wanted it is their franchise. All I am saying its better to support the thing you love than come out swinging with the negative. What if they came up to you at the show and asked on live stream what did you think. "Oh noting was shown so yea i do not care i cant get excited" Sonic team worked hard i know just to give us that trailer as im sure not many here could make something that looks that good even if pre rendered. Im just saying its better to show sega you support them. Maybe its cause im older and grew up with these franchises from the start im so defensive of them more than younger people. I donna age can do weird things to you lol.

Look, you gave your reasons for being excited, we gave ours for being worried multiple times, but obviously you've chosen not to heed them so there's really no point in continuing this discussion any further.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Komaru Naegi said:

I'm one of those people. Not overly upset about it but it's why I can't get hyped for stuff like Kojima's new game, what's the deal with naked Norman? What's up with the baby and the cord? What am I watching? What sort of game is this going to be? not to go too off topic, sorry, anyways there's not a whole to go on and there's not much discussion to be had (arguably I guess) it'd be nice to know what we're getting into, maybe that was their intention to get fans to speculate, who's to say? But I'm seeing more confusion than hype in a few places.

That other Sonic game is getting a lot of buzz because in that 1minute and 50 something trailer there's so much to talk about because a lot was shown visually, that's just how I feel about trailers for any game with no gameplay, I'll be on the hype or disaster train when gameplay is shown.

I can understand that. I can not fully agree but I understand. I guess you could say the same for me and the sonic mania game. I look forward to it and buying it day 1. But my hype for it is lower cause honestly as some have stated on the board with all the fan games copying sonics style like freedom planet, and modded games it feels the same or noting big shown yet besides the sega run logo. New mechanics and music are sweet though no lying on that.

A whole year of waiting? Oh boy.... can we at least get a sonic unleashed port on steam? Pleaseee.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, I just hope we can play other Characters besides the two sonics. 

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, BenderMania said:

Question for you:

Project 2017 has been given a release date of holiday 2017 which is about 17 months from now. It is of course not unusual for a game to be announced a few years prior to release, but it is unusual in terms of Sonic games, or at least I think it is. Aren't Sonic games normally announced 7 or 8 months prior to release? Could be wrong. I'm glad they announced it around the 25th anniversary, definitely a smart move, but it is surprising so far from release.

At the start of the trailer it says from the "team which brought you Sonic Colors & Gens". Now, we know Colors Team started working on SLW and then Generations team joined development of SLW when they were done with Gens. So that suggests prior to Project 2017's release it will have been in development for at least four years (SLW released in late 2013), which is a good development cycle for a game. I'm getting a vibe that this could be the biggest game at least in terms of scope/content since Unleashed. If the general consensus is; Colors, Gens & SLW being relatively small games then I think the new game may be the biggest-perhaps most epic yet.

I'm not expecting any gameplay footage this year, but you never know.

Come on SSMB:

#JoinTheResistance

I thought the 'Two Sonic Teams' thing had been debunked? The main source for that (Wentos) revealed that they'd just been making stuff up.

Just now, Hyp3hat said:

I thought the 'Two Sonic Teams' thing had been debunked? The main source for that (Wentos) revealed that they'd just been making stuff up.

FTCR still brings up the two teams all the time. I'm going to blame them for the time being.

Who worked on Sonic Lost World then? Their C team? I've been told Sonic Colours was their B team where as games like Unleashed and Generations were the main team. Sonic 2017 is a combination of both main and B team?