Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

4 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

You'd be surprised what inane arguments can show up in the Sonic 2006  thread topic. godot-steams%28a%29.gif

Unfortunately, that's very true. 

While it can be argued that Sonic and the Secret rings contributed towards the downfall of 06 purely because it split the development team in half, it's simply unreasonable to argue that either of the games was a response to the other as they were both produced at around the same time.

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Mania is pretty straightforward. We know how it's going to play, it's not going to have a complex story or questionable gimmicks attached, and given who's behind it we're all pretty much sure it's going to turn out to be a good game.

'17, on the other hand, is all mystery and controversy. We've got a teaser trailer that hints at, but doesn't confirm, some gameplay and story elements we'll be seeing, combined with Sonic Team's inconsistent output over the years. That leaves a lot more room for questions, speculation, and arguments compared to Mania.

I don't think a skill system could be used for as radical a change as that, at least not unless the level design and other gameplay mechanics were very genericized/sterilized to account for it. Even then, that likely leads to a game that feels bland and lacks a clear identity.

That aside, I think the skill system could've been interesting, but most skills were either minor and boring or costly and limited. You could equip a couple of basic tweaks like better braking, better acceleration, rings taking longer to despawn, etc, or you could pick one (and only one) "interesting" ability like a free elemental shield, a time stop, or Super Sonic, and maybe one of the really cheap minor skills. If they bring the system back in a future game, they really need to find a way to rebalance it to be more fun.

Not a fact. We've no idea. (Even though I agree on the plot thing it still lacks evidence) Keep in mind, Iizuka still has time to put in his two cents in on game play...

I don't see any system like that happening in P17, rather just a focus on maybe some routine abilities, power-up stuff revolving shields, and a story that tries to be longer like Unleashed while having a doomsday plot with the same script skill as Lost World at the core.

A doomsday plot with a script like lost world... Jeebus... I'm wary of that the most probably.

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Not a fact. We've no idea. (Even though I agree on the plot thing it still lacks evidence) Keep in mind, Iizuka still has time to put in his two cents in on game play...

Iizuka is not going to rush in at the last minute and drastically change a game that has already been shown off in both trailers and demos to widespread praise. I shouldn't have to specify that I am discounting the ridiculously implausible.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Iizuka is not going to rush in at the last minute and drastically change a game that has already been shown off in both trailers and demos to widespread praise. I shouldn't have to specify that I am discounting the ridiculously implausible.

...Ehhhhh...

This is exactly what SEGA did with Rise of Lyric though, so... It's not TOO impossible to see something rushed in or changed at the last moment, not solely by HIS order/request though.

I'd say wait until the finished product is in our hands and out of theirs, THEN get comfortable. Not just Iizuka but anyone way up could still do something, even if the odds are ever dwindling.

11 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

This is exactly what SEGA did with Rise of Lyric though

It really isn't. Assuming you're talking about switching it to the Wii U, that happened much earlier in the process; the decision was already made before the reveal trailer.

There are enough things to worry about regarding this series already, we don't need people jumping at shadows.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, BlueParadox said:

Originally posted this as a status update but might as well post it here:

So at NY's Toy Fair, there was a poster that included Boom Sonic & Modern Sonic with their own section & with some information as well. In the Modern Sonic section there's some information about Sonic Mania & Project Sonic 2017, however so far there is no clear image of the poster that will allow anyone to read the information that's on it. Soooooo, has anyone went to NY's Toy Fair for the past few days? :P

C5IK-aPWcAA9Jbf.jpg

Love (and editors) will find a way.

38 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Love (and editors) will find a way.

And life. Life, uh, finds a way. *licks lips*

i am really fucking desperate for news at this point, or else im jumping off the hype train

1 hour ago, Soldier: 76 said:

And life. Life, uh, finds a way. *licks lips*

i am really fucking desperate for news at this point, or else im jumping off the hype train

I already have the scripts for the panel coming in March

-Regarding Sonic Mania-

The second act of GHZ will be revealed, but will be cut JUST before reaching Eggman with staff telling fans to "stay tuned" for more.

They will show off the Special Stage Rings but will cut JUST after the character jumps into it and the ring vanishes.

-Regarding Project 2017-

The name of the game will be revealed.

Tails and Knuckles appearing will be confirmed.

(Edit)

WHEN WILL SEGA HIRE NIBROC-ROCK TO MAKE NEW/ORIGINAL ADVERTISEMENTS?!!!!!!

...For f@$ks sake they've used the SAME pictures of the cast for YEARS now.

(Edit 2)

Does P17 also confirm that when Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo there's primarily child/Mario pandering and when Sonic is not exclusive it's more of a teenage pandering?

Unleashed, Generations to a degree, and P17 certainly seem to confirm this theory.

• Thumbs Up 9

10 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Does P17 also confirm that when Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo there's primarily child/Mario pandering and when Sonic is not exclusive it's more of a teenage pandering?

Unleashed, Generations to a degree, and P17 certainly seem to confirm this theory.

Yeah, I think it's because Nintendo seems (at least to me) to want to release more happy and light hearted games. So when Sonic is Nintendo exclusive, they have to work their story to be a bit more happy. 

(Or I'm completely wrong and nothing I said makes any sense.)

10 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

-Regarding Project 2017-

The name of the game will be revealed.

Finally. It's about time.

27 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Question...?

What if Project 2017 is actually a recreation of Sonic 2006...?

Thankfully it isn't. But if it were, after the July trailer, I'd give it a chance. 

30 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Question...?

There will be riots.

Podobny obraz

2 minutes ago, Kfarc said:

There will be riots.

Well, think about it.

Being the worst game in the franchise and featuring some of the most debatable content in the franchise, it would make SOME sense to re-make the game without any of the backlash worthy stuff and questionable plot content involved.

Re-made and re-worked from the ground up without the bad content and without the bugs.

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Well, think about it.

Being the worst game in the franchise and featuring some of the most debatable content in the franchise, it would make SOME sense to re-make the game without any of the backlash worthy stuff and questionable plot content involved.

Re-made and re-worked from the ground up without the bad content and without the bugs.

11 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Oh no... He may be secretly trying telling us something...

2 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Oh no... He may be secretly trying telling us something...

For all the people who lurk on these forums, I will give them a chance to be skeptical.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 in the classic era with modern era Sonic returning to the past to hunt himself down

OR

Sonic 06 in the modern era with classic era Sonic jumping to the future to uncover the truth...

Wait... These are just two sides of the same story!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DarkRula said:

Sonic 06 in the classic era with modern era Sonic returning to the past to hunt himself down

OR

Sonic 06 in the modern era with classic era Sonic jumping to the future to uncover the truth...

Wait... These are just two sides of the same story!

Both convoluted and both SEGA's style, so it's possible.

I don't see neccessary remaking/rebuilding/rebooting/rewhatever Sonic 06. It's a bad game that needs to be forgotten. However, if more playable characters are confirmed, Project 2017 could be a REdemption title for Sonic 06 (I mean, Sonic 06 was the last 3D Sonic game that allowed playing with different characters, right?), like Sonic Mania would be a "redemption" game for Sonic 4 that other 2D Sonic game that should have never been released.

I mean, maybe the next big Sonic games are some kind of apology from Sega to their fans for (probably) the worst Sonic games ever released. This would be a really welcome move from Sega.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Better question: why would SEGA wanna go within a mile of a game that was so critically panned it nearly killed off their #1 IP? Also, project 2017 has classic Sonic and giant death egg robots, both of which aren't present in 06.

Just... let 06 die in peace, please. It's not coming back.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

Better question: why would SEGA wanna go within a mile of a game that was so critically panned it nearly killed off their #1 IP? Also, project 2017 has classic Sonic and giant death egg robots, both of which aren't present in 06.

Then why does the PR keep playing it...?

(I feel like I'm in Brian's position here...)

whaaaaaaat_family_guy.gif

I'll shut up now for everyone's peace of mind. I don't wanna die yet. Maybe tomorrow. lol

10 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Wait. What do you mean by that? I've hardly seen any 06 recently. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.

17 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

because people like laughing at bad games that are infamous for being bad

3 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

B-b-but the reveal trailer reminded me of Crisis City. 

Although the series does still reference 06 sometimes, like Mephiles in Sonic Runners.

3 hours ago, JayRaR said:

B-b-but the reveal trailer reminded me of Crisis City. 

Although the series does still reference 06 sometimes, like Mephiles in Sonic Runners.

Crisis City in Generations...

(If you look hard enough you can see Elise get sucked into Silver's ball during the fight before he throws it at you)

I found something that can be the game requirements for PC, I don't know if is official:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 2.0GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 250u
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB
RAM: 2GB

GD Adjusted Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core i3-2115C 2.0GHz or AMD Athlon II X3 455
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT 740 v2 or AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB
RAM: 3GB

Predicted Requiriments:

Processor: Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz AMD Phenom II X4 945
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 AMD Radeon HD 5850 1024MB
RAM: 3GB

Found it in Game-Debate.com, you can also try the "Can I run it" section where avails your PC conditions and compare with game requirements.

I also found Mania requirements, check the Sonic Mania topic where I also post,

• Thumbs Up 2