Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm praying so hard that they finally did a dark story right. I want gloom and defeat. I want cities burning. Little children crying

• Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, HedgehogBR said:

New pic :)

17240556_10155086965062418_5451697138850777220_o.jpg

People have argued Boom Sonic could be in it, because they saw a third mech, but this has 4. There's probably a bunch of them. So, hopefully we can put that behind us. Unless the 4th is AOSTH Eggman =P

• Thumbs Up 7

Ohh boy, I am not ready. Please let this be good.

EDIT:  I'm thinking they're gonna reveal the title, character, and maybe some gameplay.

10 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

EDIT:  I'm thinking they're gonna reveal the title, character, and maybe some gameplay.

I think showing part of another cutscene instead of gameplay is more likely. Still feels too early for a gameplay reveal.

Am I the only person who thinks the quality of this screenshot looks poor?

1 minute ago, TailsBot said:

I think showing part of another cutscene instead of gameplay is more likely. Still feels too early for a gameplay reveal.

It's not a screenshot, it's concept art.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, TailsBot said:

The game is coming out this year. I wouldn't call it too early.

It's not a screenshot, it's concept art.

• Thumbs Up 4

What the snap, that's concept art?!

Well then! They could show some more in the panel, we'll have to wait and see...

A dark sonic game can work I'd properly storied. Just cause people like boom style jokes a lot doesn't mean. It can't happen. I'm not talking shadow either

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

Man. After I've seen the sheer joy and Sonical...ness that is Mania and its aesthetic, remembering this exists and seeing that is bloody depressing. Ergh. 

I mean, those Mechs are basically just the Sonic 2 Death Egg Robots with different faces and a feiry red background so it really shouldn't be depressing.

No different to Angel Island Zone getting burnt down, except you add in some Death Egg Robots to create the fire instead of....whatever that floating thing was. Or even Lava Reef Zone act 2 and the Death Egg itself melting all the frozen lava. That shit was intense (for its time).

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Scar said:

No different to Angel Island Zone getting burnt down, except you add in some Death Egg Robots to create the fire instead of....whatever that floating thing was. Or even Lava Reef Zone act 2 and the Death Egg itself melting all the frozen lava. That shit was intense (for its time).

Angel Island is whimsical tropical island fire. It's not a positive situation by any means, and it's certainly intense, but there's still an array of contrasting colours and the like on show as you rush through it all.

2017's current aesthetic is Crisis City 2.0. It's dull and brown/orange. I expect this from Gears of War, not bloody Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

Angel Island is whimsical tropical island fire. It's not a positive situation by any means, and it's certainly intense, but there's still an array of contrasting colours and the like on show as you rush through it all.

2017's current aesthetic is Crisis City 2.0. It's dull and brown/orange. I expect this from Gears of War, not bloody Sonic.

I'll have you know, Crisis City (In Generations at least) despite its grim setting is one of the prettiest levels imo. The colours, textures and everything they used was amazing. That aside, you make a fair point, but I very much doubt the rest of the game is going to be imitating Gears of War for its aesthetic. There will no doubt be plenty of colour about.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Yeah but ''Current Aesthetic'' means an area we've seen on a teaser and concept art based on said teaser. Nothing says the entire game will be like that, Generations had a teaser where Sonic ran throught an entirely white void with some patches of Green Hill Zone, didn't mean the entire game was Sonic running through a collection of dull white stages.

Just now, Scar said:

I'll have you know, Crisis City (In Generations at least) despite its grim setting is one of the prettiest levels imo. The colours, textures and everything they used was amazing. That aside, you make a fair point, but I very much doubt the rest of the game is going to be imitating Gears of War for its aesthetic. There will no doubt be plenty of colour about.

Prettiest level my ass. Literally every single other level in Generations is more visually stimulating than Crisis City, bloody hell. 

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

Yeah but ''Current Aesthetic'' means an area we've seen on a teaser and concept art based on said teaser. Nothing says the entire game will be like that, Generations had a teaser where Sonic ran throught an entirely white void with some patches of Green Hill Zone, didn't mean the entire game was Sonic running through a collection of dull white stages.

I think even that was more visually interesting and in-line with the series than Gears, innit. You're not wrong, but it's not a good first impression. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

Prettiest level my ass. Literally every single other level in Generations is more visually stimulating than Crisis City, bloody hell. 

Was being a bit tongue-in-cheek there....didn't come across as I'd have liked, but I genuinely think that its a good looking level. Take away the burning city and put it in a volcanic setting at it would be fantastic. Plus the skybox they used with oranges and purples was great too.

• Thumbs Up 7