Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

To add, I liked chemical plant and seaside hill visually. Just wasn't as interested in those two. And Crisis City while not amazing was still nice to play through 

Honestly Crisis City in Generations would've been great if it weren't for the fact Perfect Chaos, literally the boss before Crisis City, used the same assets replacing the lava with water.

Kinda takes away any sense of surprise or awe when it's just more of the same.

Planet Wisp was my favorite zone on Sonic Generations, And I don’t just mean the first half of it.

But Crisis City is not a zone I cared for. Boring design and annoying gameplay. Nothing from Sonic 06 is good even when remade. =p

9 minutes ago, Scar said:

Take away the burning city and put it in a volcanic setting at it would be fantastic.

I disagree. In my opinion, the burning city is what makes the level cool. The burning city is what makes the level unique. We have plenty of generic volcano levels, but there's only one Crisis City.

15 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Planet Wisp was my favorite zone on Sonic Generations, And I don’t just mean the first half of it.

But Crisis City is not a zone I cared for. Boring design and annoying gameplay. Nothing from Sonic 06 is good even when remade. =p

Planet wisp was a butt of a level.  it was annoying running it. The saving grace is the music. And besides I just love hearing the music when suddenly. ROCKET!!!!!!!!

I see that people aren't too happy about the tone of Project 2017...

But I wanted this for a very long time. This is freaking awesome! Eggman showing that he is still the one who burned Angel Island, blew the moon in half, destroyed Prison Island, and tried to nuke Station Square.  

This is no Crisis City, this a city from that looks from Unleashed getting destroyed by Eggman. Not Iblis, not Black Doom, just Eggman using his cartoony robots to destroy everything. 

This just feels right. It feels like is from a Sonic game. Yes, the tone is dark, but it looks like that this time, after many failed attempts, it will finally work.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

I see that people aren't too happy about the tone of Project 2017...

But I wanted this for a very long time. This is freaking awesome! Eggman showing that he is still the one who burned Angel Island, blew the moon in half, destroyed Prison Island, and tried to nuke Station Square.  

This is no Crisis City, this a city from that looks from Unleashed getting destroyed by Eggman. Not Iblis, not Black Doom, just Eggman using his cartoony robots to destroy everything. 

This just feels right. It feels like is from a Sonic game. Yes, the tone is dark, but it looks like that this time, after many failed attempts, it will finally work.

Most are happy. You just got a few who think sonic should stay in a bright sunny rainbow and bunnies land

Just now, Meta77 said:

Most are happy. You just got a few who think sonic should stay in a bright sunny rainbow and bunnies land

And that's fine.

Personally I like the COOL FIRE CITY but I would prefer it if isn't like that the whole game, you know. I doubt it will be. Even Shadow had whatever those sky ruins were and the techno stages that weren't all doom and gloom.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

And that's fine.

Personally I like the COOL FIRE CITY but I would prefer it if isn't like that the whole game, you know. I doubt it will be. Even Shadow had whatever those sky ruins were and the techno stages that weren't all doom and gloom.

There's no way the entire world will be doom and gloom. i expect at least two sort of there's some hope left stages

15 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

When the best games in the series suit that tone (however much hyperbole you need to put it down), it's hardly unreasonable innit.

• Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

And see thats the thing about the Sonic series, I believe he can pull off both of these astetics well.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

When the best games in the series suit that tone (however much hyperbole you need to put it down), it's hardly unreasonable innit.

I'm sure Sonic 3&K had some intense moments, so I'd say there is some merit to have some serious moments.

Can't have an adventure or any sort of investment if is there is no stakes to be had.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Soni said:

I'm sure Sonic 3&K had some intense moments, so I'd say there is some merit to have some serious moments.

Can't have an adventure or any sort of investment if is there is no stakes to be had.

That's not what I'm saying.

S3, fine sure. I already explained why earlier. 

2017 looks like it's going off the good ol' tryhard deep end. I can't make an absolute call obviously, it's not out yet. But from a first impression it looks... dumb.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not suggesting that this game'll have CD style time travel as an in-game mechanic, but I do get the impression this is a Bad Future kind of thing we're looking at here. Maybe we'll get something like Generations but with new levels and now the Acts are set in different time periods? I dunno, but I'll be shocked if everything in this game matches the tone of the teasers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, come on! You guys really think that this game will be doom and gloom, just because of the teaser? Now the teaser from Sonic Unleashed was a white background, does that mean the whole game is going to be in a white background? I'm pretty sure that's going to be the only stage that is "on fire". The rest is going to be beautiful clean landscapes, just like Colors and Unleashed. I'm sure of that.

And sure, Sonic Lost World is an amaaazing game with the best style for stages. Don't we all love those Minecraft trees, cardboard bushes and flying donut land? Not even Kirby fits.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

Oh, come on! You guys really think that this game will be doom and gloom, just because of the teaser? Now the teaser from Sonic Unleashed was a white background, does that mean the whole game is going to be in a white background? I'm pretty sure that's going to be the only stage that is "on fire". The rest is going to be beautiful clean landscapes, just like Colors and Unleashed. I'm sure of that.

And sure, Sonic Lost World is an amaaazing game with the best style for stages. Don't we all love those Minecraft trees, cardboard bushes and flying donut land? Not even Kirby fits.

Like I said, not a good first impression. Read. 

Pretty bloody different to "Unleashed had a white background," bloody hell lad. 

And Lost World is a fucking shit game; doesn't mean this can't also look like pish. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, I don't see what's so dumb about 2017's teaser.

After a good amount of years of happy-go-lucky Sonic, I'd say it's past due for a more serious trailer for a Sonic game. Maybe I'm just being ignorant so meh.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

The rest is going to be beautiful clean landscapes, just like Colors and Unleashed. I'm sure of that.

Let's not be too dismissive here due to recent entries in the series, I mean ShTH followed Heroes of all things.

I highly doubt we'd get something that drastic again if only because of how much Sonic Team's played it safe for the past 7 or so years, but y'know.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's all about execution. The issue with a lot of Sonic games is that the writing tends to teeter-totter one way or the other, there's either too many jokes or too much doom and gloom. I think Unleashed's tone and writing struck the perfect middle ground - Just the right balance of humor and drama.

Not only does the occasional joke make the dramatic moments all the more tense and shocking, it adds a more human side to the characters that you rarely see outside of spinoffs.

• Thumbs Up 7

My prediction is that the game will begin in dramatic bad future land, then go back to the past for more normalish Sonic levels, working towards a grand finale back in extra dramatic bad future land.

Just a gut feeling. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

That's not what I'm saying.

S3, fine sure. I already explained why earlier. 

2017 looks like it's going off the good ol' tryhard deep end. I can't make an absolute call obviously, it's not out yet. But from a first impression it looks... dumb.

You seem to be arguing that this image of giant robots amidst the ruins of a burning city isn't something that the classic era would depict. To which I reply, take a look at the bad ending to Knuckles Chaotix:

58c71df8a7ac7_KnucklesChaotixBadEnding.thumb.png.b03e1ff055c2eefdeca5133f096cd958.png

This is what happens when you fail to get all the Chaos Rings, Metal Sonic Kai goes on a rampage and burns a random city to the ground - as sinister music plays over the credits.

It's dark, it shows what's at stake if Knuckles can't defeat Dr Robotnik and it absolutely belongs in the classic era. So seeing those giant robots in Project Sonic 2017, it's a completely legitimate way to develop the game.

• Thumbs Up 8

6 minutes ago, Kintor said:

You seem to be arguing that this image of giant robots amidst the ruins of a burning city isn't something that the classic era would depict. To which I reply, take a look at the bad ending to Knuckles Chaotix:

58c71df8a7ac7_KnucklesChaotixBadEnding.thumb.png.b03e1ff055c2eefdeca5133f096cd958.png

This is what happens when you fail to get all the Chaos Rings, Metal Sonic Kai goes on a rampage and burns a random city to the ground - as sinister music plays over the credits.

It's dark, it shows what's at stake if Knuckles can't defeat Dr Robotnik and it absolutely belongs in the classic era. So seeing those giant robots in Project Sonic 2017, it's a completely legitimate way to develop the game.

It was relatively jarring there, too, so uh

Yeah

Also helps that it didn't set the first impression, a factor plenty of folk seem to be conveniently missing out of their reading of my posts.

I'm arguing that the Classic games, 9 times out of 10, didn't become tryhard, because they didn't. Some shite spin-off be damned.

• Thumbs Up 2