Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

If Pawns show up I hope they have different costumes for each level. I was disappointed when Lost World only used their standard design.

Yeah, parody the likes of Shadow the Hedgehog and Arkham Knight and have them trashing the city in really clumsy ways. Kit them out with redundant Eggman masks, (cartoony) bikes and baseball bats. BIKER PAWNS

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh, I like GUN robots. Might be due to them being low poly, but I like their boxiness. I didn't like 06's robots.

I liked the G.U.N robots too. They looked fine in Generations as well. Didn't get that big of a super serious, gritty vibe from them there.

Very Transformers like they were.

Anyone else notice how there weren't any 2D sections in that segment? Granted it waas a short clip and they're more than likely still present, but just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, JezMM said:

It's just Ohtani behind the theme song, they specified.  It was just Ohtani on Runners too, Jun hasn't composed for the series since Generations/Sonic 4.

Didn't heard the part where they specified this, but Jun worked with Ohtani on Runners, I'm pretty sure one of those Sonic Channel articles talked about it. Ohtani was the sound director, but Jun assisted him and played too.

2 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Anyone else notice how there weren't any 2D sections in that segment? Granted it waas a short clip and they're more than likely still present, but just a thought.

I'm not convinced there were 3D sections either.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Daisy-Fan said:

well hopefully there 2D sections, but i could totally loved if its just 2D with boost.

We already have enough 2D with Mania, let the 3D actually be 3D, not this pseudo hybrid garbage.

• Thumbs Up 7

Noah Copeland, the TSSZ rep from SXSW, got some questions from Aaron and the gameplay footage we saw from this panel will be the same posted tomorrow in high quality.

Although there's going to be a Sonic stream on Monday the 20th, Jun will be there so yeah, keep your eyes on that stream.

I think Jun will be involved somehow. The guy loves working in a team and would probably enjoy working with Ohtani again. Even if a track says Tomoya Ohtani composed it, others do instruments. For example, this track was done by Tomoya Ohtani.

In the album book though it says Jun did the guitar. So it may be written and composed by Ohtani, but Senoue may be involved somehow.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Higher Quality footage. I'm curious about the grassy areas in the background.

If you look closely to the background, there's some grassy aereas that look a lot more cartoony than the city itself. I bet the story is about Classic's and Modern's worlds somehow clashing together.

EDIT: Pic

1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

3 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I know you're going to be like this because that's what you do, but can you at least try to entertain some discussion?

Hey, I'm discussing. I'm discussing how painfully linear this looks.

Seriously though with only about 30 seconds of gameplay I don't see anything on which to judge whether or not there will be 2D sections. I expect there will be, though, because everything about this game feels like a straight copy of Generations so far.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't want anymore 2.5D. 

If I could, I'd go back in time and slap myself across the face for defending it back when Unleashed came out.

I would have been like "NO! Only 3-D or only 2-D! Not both!... also watch it on the candy. It's gonna fuck up your teeth something fierce."

4 minutes ago, Soni said:

Noah Copeland, the TSSZ rep from SXSW, got some questions from Aaron and the gameplay footage we saw from this panel will be the same posted tomorrow in high quality.

Although there's going to be a Sonic stream on Monday the 20th, Jun will be there so yeah, keep your eyes on that stream.

There is a stream going on in the 20th? Do you think we'll get more info by then?

1 minute ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

I don't want anymore 2.5D. 

If I could, I'd go back in time and slap myself across the face for defending it back when Unleashed came out.

I would have been like "NO! Only 3-D or only 2-D! Not both!... also watch it on the candy. It's gonna fuck up your teeth something fierce."

Well the 2.5D in Unleashed was fine since it was one of the first times it was used, and the game was visually impressive enough and had enough dynamic shots to compensate. Everything else afterwards was just using it as a crutch however.

I'm pretty sure no one actually has a problem with idea of a 3D game switching into 2D at some point or another. That's just not possible, it's always been a thing.

But what hasn't been a thing for a while is fully 3D levels in Sonic games...that aren't Lost World. Which is very possible.

Just now, JezMM said:

Oh yeah I guess it goes without saying but for the record I'm happy.  Love Unleashed gameplay, wanted more, here it is.  Condoloences to those who didn't want it, I understand, but this is fine by me.

I'll admit though, my hype does die a bit every time I remember this'll only be half or even potentially a third of the game... AND Wisps are back.  I hope the one thing they take from Lost World is to make them mostly (or this time, entirely) optional "helping hand" power-ups that give an alternate way to do proper platforming that experienced players will enjoy the challenge of.

What about a more refined parkour element combined with the Unleashed stuff? I'd be down for some of that.

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

Oh yeah I guess it goes without saying but for the record I'm happy.  Love Unleashed gameplay, wanted more, here it is.  Condoloences to those who didn't want it, I understand, but this is fine by me.

I'll admit though, my hype does die a bit every time I remember this'll only be half or even potentially a third of the game... AND Wisps are back.  I hope the one thing they take from Lost World is to make them mostly (or this time, entirely) optional "helping hand" power-ups that give an alternate way to do proper platforming that experienced players will enjoy the challenge of.

*sigh* Right, this double-edged; wouldn't be boost gameplay if they didn't have a way to pad out the game after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Okay...

Most if not all boost titles start off with a long stretch of 3D, then BOOM there's 2D sections left and right.

My argument on this...?

If we have PURELY 2D stages featuring Classic Sonic...

Why the Scrat do we need 2D sections in Modern Sonic stages too...?

It's pretty much a crutch nowadays. Unleashed was fine since it was the first time using such a thing IIRC, but every time afterwards just makes it seem like they didn't know how to move past it.