Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, SpinningSilver said:

What about a more refined parkour element combined with the Unleashed stuff? I'd be down for some of that.

Sure I guess if they made it flow like Unleashed's scripted running on walls stuff rather than Lost World's starty-stoppy clunky feeling movement.

But I don't really care either I'm fine with it just playing like a Generations level pack.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Why the Scrat do we need 2D sections in Modern Sonic stages too...?

Probably because they can get more out of designing levels for boost game-play this way...

That gameplay looked fucking amazing to me holy shit. 

I just got 500% more hyped for this game than I was before. Holy FUCK I love Sonic

• Thumbs Up 3

Footage is pretty but I don't really see anything new. It looks like the most linear parts of Unleashed rather than a further evolution of Generations. I hope that's just an illusion seeing only this short section and not an effect of a the third gameplay style leading to more fragmentation in the way Sonic handles.

So information is flying all over the place, can somebody give me a news round up of all the little and big bits of info thats been leaking out?

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Probably because they can get more out of designing levels for boost game-play this way...

Honestly, I think it's just because they think that when people see 2-D Sonic they immediately associate that with "Being Good". 

That's always how their line of thinking works. If people praised it, that means we need to add in more of it. And yeah, sometimes that's a good thing. Mania's existence is proof of that but SEGA's problem is that they don't know where to draw the line. So now, not only is Mania a 2-D game but Sonic Forces needs Classic Sonic in there too. And on top of that Modern Sonic ALSO needs to have 2-D sections in his stages as well. So instead of a 2017 release of a 2-D game and a 3-D game it's instead a release of a 2-D game and a half 2-D, half 2.5D game. 

Oh wait, excuse me. 1/3rd if a 2-D game and a 2.5D game because there's another gameplay style that hasn't been revealed yet. 

I mean, this was a problem in Generations too. There was no reason Modern Sonic shoudn't have been in complete 3-D. And now that Forces is coming out that complaint has upgraded to there being no point for this entire game not to be in 3D now that Mania exists. 

Having 2-D and 3-D games running alongside one another sounds like a good idea. And we have proof now that it's at least possible to do. Why not just do it? Maybe they had a really convincing focus group tell them not to or something. I dunno. 

What do I know? I'm a story and characters guy. I shouldn't even be pretending I know what I'm talking about.

Just now, goku262002 said:

So information is flying all over the place, can somebody give me a news round up of all the little and big bits of info thats been leaking out?

The game is called Sonic Forces

There's going to be 3 different types of gameplay

We've seen modern sonic's gameplay which is pretty much the boost formulas returning 

Wisp are back(Ha!)

And we got a glimpse of the main theme

And we're getting more information tomorrow 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Honestly, I think it's just because they think that when people see 2-D Sonic they immediately associate that with "Being Good". 

That's always how their line of thinking works. If people praised it, that means we need to add in more of it. And yeah, sometimes that's a good thing. Mania's existence is proof of that but SEGA's problem is that they don't know where to draw the line. So now, not only is Mania a 2-D game but Sonic Forces needs Classic Sonic in there too. And on top of that Modern Sonic ALSO needs to have 2-D sections in his stages as well. So instead of a 2017 release of a 2-D game and a 3-D game it's instead a release of a 2-D game and a half 2-D, half 2.5D game. 

Oh wait, excuse me. 1/3rd if a 2-D game and a 2.5D game because there's another gameplay style that hasn't been revealed yet. 

I mean, this was a problem in Generations too. There was no reason Modern Sonic shoudn't have been in complete 3-D. And now that Forces is coming out that complaint has upgraded to there being no point for this entire game not to be in 3D now that Mania exists. 

Having 2-D and 3-D games running alongside one another sounds like a good idea. And we have proof now that it's at least possible to do. Why not just do it? Maybe they had a really convincing focus group tell them not to or something. I dunno. 

What do I know? I'm a story and characters guy. I shouldn't even be pretending I know what I'm talking about.

I may be wrong, and shocking as it is for ME to support SEGA of Japan...

Maybe it's because Sonic Forces was long into development, nearing its end when Mania suddenly came into the picture leaving Sonic Team with your usual "AW SHIT!!" kind of moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if we'll get any info on that new character they had talked about earlier.

Maybe they'll pull another silver or blaze ish character.

I would like to point out that the Death Egg Robots don't use Eggman's color scheme.

At 0:09 you get a clear look at the robots. They're colored black and white/yellow. Not Eggman's red and yellow. Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 4

It looks to be essentially Generations, but with original zones and a edgier more complex story.

Which is great by me.

1 minute ago, Terriful said:

I would like to point out that the Death Egg Robots don't use Eggman's color scheme.

At 0:09 you get a clear look at the robots. They're colored black and white/yellow. Not Eggman's red and yellow. Thoughts?

Isn't that closer to Eggman Nega's color scheme?

209786-122104-eggman-nega.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

2 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Same old, same old. It's like having recolored versions of Sonic to me.

I know the guy at the panel said it was only a work in progress we were looking at but damn he really did just run in a straight line for 40 seconds didn't he? 

Here's hoping for more though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dr. Chaotix said:

I know the guy at the panel said it was only a work in progress we were looking at but damn he really did just run in a straight line for 40 seconds didn't he? 

Probably didn't want to show the controls haven't been fixed.

(Yet anyways)

Just now, Dr. Chaotix said:

I kinda doubt that segments going to change much in time (I'd be surprised if it did), I'm just curious about what comes after.

9 minutes ago, Terriful said:

The enemies certainly look different, very interested in getting a clear view of 'em.

Also Red Ring at 0:26!

fba62489bee02e578ea99115d7e94663.png

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Terriful said:

That's Eggman Nega's color scheme isn't it?

Eh, looking at that I see that as more of an Unleashed 2.0 than a Generations 2.

Its got the same attempt of being graphically impressive, the same "vibe" and momentum as Unleashed, and they even apparently went back and updated the custom engine design especially for Unleashed (if the Hedgehog Engine 2 rumors turn out to be true).

Can't knock it. Unleashed was my favorite Sonic game. Another helping, with the improvements made to the formula from Gens and I'll be a happy camper.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

That's Eggman Nega's color scheme isn't it?

Yeah. It's weird since when I compared this to any other artwork containing these robots, and they all seems to have this black/yellow theme to them. Even in the original trailer.

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Eh, looking at that I see that as more of an Unleashed 2.0 than a Generations 2.

Its got the same attempt of being graphically impressive, the same "vibe" and momentum as Unleashed, and they even apparently went back and updated the custom engine design especially for Unleashed (if the Hedgehog Engine 2 rumors turn out to be true).

Can't knock it. Unleashed was my favorite Sonic game. Another helping, with the improvements made to the formula from Gens and I'll be a happy camper.

Same. I got way more of an Unleashed vibe than I ever did Generations. Plus the layout reminds me a little bit of Rooftop Run in a way, which is what I originally thought the burning town looked like in the first trailer.

Reading that the Wisps are back makes me cringe. Like, I expected nothing and still got let down.

• Thumbs Up 6

I just did a domain name lookup and apparently sonicforces.com is available. Lmao, someone can take it before Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1