Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

5 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Here's that Polygon coverage we were promised yesterday!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/17/14958606/sonic-forces-gameplay-video-project-2017

... You yankin' my chain here, Polygon?

I have my problems with boost returning, even with wisps relegated to it...

But if Modern Sonic has the spindash regardless, I don't care. All my problems with it are rectified.

*crosses fingers*

Game looks cool. Maybe it's because I'm older but I'm not rocketing out my seat for this sonic game, probably because gameplay wise I seen it all before. At the end of the day though, the boost games were good, so I can be hopeful this will be to 

I don't really care about the automated level design, since it's probably the first level I expected it. People have already forgotten modern Green Hill was exactly the same.

As for the wisps returning.... Sigh if you MUST keep them around as series mainstays actually bother to properly integrate them with the core gameplay like with colors. Generations and ESPECIALLY SLW use them so terribly I wish I didn't have to be cautious about this 

6 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Here's that Polygon coverage we were promised yesterday!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/17/14958606/sonic-forces-gameplay-video-project-2017

... You yankin' my chain here, Polygon?

Aha! I thought I noticed something that looked like a spindash during the livestream's showcasing of that footage!

I'd like to point out that with the Switch...

You can play this ANYWHERE at any time.

(Battery life may vary)

• Thumbs Up 3

I doubt Modern Sonic has the Spindash. Polygon was just using a Sonic word they know.

My prediction for the third gameplay style is going to be Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic teaming up and have some sort Sonic Heroes+Sonic Lost World gameplay.

Yeah I feel like people outside the fanbase confuse all of Sonic's spinning moves with the spindash.

There wouldn't be much point in having the spindash in a boost game anyway.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

What's that on Sonic's wrist...?

That black spot...?

A glitch?

58cc0d57ebc4f_sonichand.thumb.png.20ea2326652114a69c99d33dcc2f5e44.png

I don't know if it's intentional or just a graphical error but it looks like a burn or something. Maybe there's a reason behind it?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, BubbleButt TV said:

I don't know if it's intentional or just a graphical error but it looks like a burn or something. Maybe there's a reason behind it?

Injured his wrist taking off that ring wot Chip gave him

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

It might be an item, a bracelet is the best guess. That or it's his communicator since characters are confirmed to speak to Sonic via radio.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is so definitely a graphical error.  If they were adding something to Sonic's model for story purposes they wouldn't make it so vague that you can't tell what it is.

• Thumbs Up 4

So... does anyone know what's this supposed to be? It seems like the smoke effect is glitching at high resolutions.

Glitch.thumb.JPG.9886ca0e7974f1ea2b92d182e3abb94f.JPG

They'll probably fix this for the release, but it looks really out of place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do those Badniks look like the end result of the Eggpawns one time love affair with Vector man?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeezus, 41 seconds of gameplay and I'm really loving the visuals and colors here! The details as the city's being nuked by missiles is lovely. It's like Unleashed all over again!

The things they could work on are Sonic's running animations and some of the sound effects.

26 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Minor graphical error. This trailer is just a WIP right? Hopefully they fix that.

EDIT: I just noticed Sonic's back quill clips with his hair?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Why do those Badniks look like the end result of the Eggpawns one time love affair with Vector man?

I think it's part of the Pixar theme.

Giving the game that Wall-E touch.

evesgun02.jpg

27 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I think it's safe to assume that Green Hill Zone and this ruined city somehow got melded together lol. 

The Green Hill City actually reminds me of the buildings from the Sonic 1 early prototype.

IMG_1009.thumb.JPG.e7db118a638f8fa3e2c759f13ca9722f.JPG

Maybe Green Hill Zone is a tourist attraction.

• Thumbs Up 4