Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

11 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

Injured his wrist taking off that ring wot Chip gave him

He took it off and threw it in the trash

8 minutes ago, JezMM said:

That is so definitely a graphical error.  If they were adding something to Sonic's model for story purposes they wouldn't make it so vague that you can't tell what it is.

lol yeah they wouldn't put it in such an obscure location

5 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be rocks/mountains

It's unknown whether it's supposed to represent a city or some kind of rock formation, but they look like buildings to me.

There's still a plenty of time to fix  animations and other stuff. Visually this game looks glorious, just like Unleashed and Generations. I like fast, speedy corridors, but what I'm hoping for the final game is more expanded and diverse sections mixed with more linear sections.

• Thumbs Up 1

So that gameplay video's description calls the huge robots in the game/trailer Death Egg Robot Sentinels.

It be funny if eggman killed a main cast character somehow. As I don't see how he won flat out or fairly

1 minute ago, Strong Guy said:

You can't do this to me

I guess Eggman was stronger in the end. He's too tough to crack. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

Weird, no mention of Tails? Could he be the third playable character?

Pretty sure Gameinformer mentioned him as one of the unplayable ones. Speaking of Tails, wonder if Classic Tails will come back

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

He'll kill Mighty in a flashback, explaining his absence.

and nothing of value is lost

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

Weird, no mention of Tails? Could he be the third playable character?

Of course not.

Tails is the villain. All those failed mind controls broke him.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Kill Shadow.

Then this franchise can finally move on.

But shadows a good character

1 hour ago, Carbo said:

One thing I already hate, however, is Sonic's animations. They've somehow managed to make him animate even worse than in Colors, which was understandable there because it was limited in terms of technology, but there is no energy to the run cycle here - Sonic just glides effortlessly and it kind of makes things feel really mundane to me. For having such a good character design I feel like Sonic Team are way too scared to utilize it's potency. Ratchet & Clank proved a year ago how to utilize exaggerated movements, weight, smears and interpolation to make characters look alive and energetic, and there's none of that clever usage here which is a shame. 

Another good example is Super Mario Odyssey. You can see Mario's hat bobbing up and down while he runs, and his nose has a slight jiggle effect.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Mauricius said:

So... does anyone know what's this supposed to be? It seems like the smoke effect is glitching at high resolutions.

Glitch.thumb.JPG.9886ca0e7974f1ea2b92d182e3abb94f.JPG

They'll probably fix this for the release, but it looks really out of place.

That is Sonic's butt

Actually this is a common thing even in finished games, sometimes special effects don't play well with the natural very partial transparency around the edges of models displayed in front of them and there's a little break in the effect as a result.  I don't really know the technical details but it's one of those things that I've occasionally noticed many times over a wide variety of games, but only generally on PC ones where I can see the pixels up close and personal, and even then they tend to be very hard to notice in motion.  But could easily be fixed by final release anyway.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, JezMM said:

That is Sonic's butt

Reveal hidden contents

Actually this is a common thing even in finished games, sometimes special effects don't play well with the natural very partial transparency around the edges of models displayed in front of them and there's a little break in the effect as a result.  I don't really know the technical details but it's one of those things that I've occasionally noticed many times over a wide variety of games, but only generally on PC ones where I can see the pixels up close and personal, and even then they tend to be very hard to notice in motion.  But could easily be fixed by final release anyway.

These screenshots are also at a super high resolution. You probably won't notice these as much at lower resolutions.

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

But shadows a good character

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one. jk

I don't know you guys maybe I'm stupid or just easily pleased but I'm not really seeing why people are getting their panties in a bunch. Looks like a ton of fun to me and honestly I like the more stylistic look mixed with a post-Apocalyptic looking environment.

7 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Actually this is a common thing even in finished games, sometimes special effects don't play well with the natural very partial transparency around the edges of models displayed in front of them and there's a little break in the effect as a result.  I don't really know the technical details but it's one of those things that's very hard to notice in motion - if it's still there in the final release at all.

Well, my guess was that they use volumetric smoke (to make it smoother and more realistic for those that don't know what it is) and the depth texture is of lower resolution than the whole image. But my knowledge isn't too deep on this either, maybe it doesn't even work this way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woooo it's exactly the same as all the other boost games, just now there's junk moving around in the background and the wisps are still around because they just can't let a bad idea go. 

Yeah, I think the "Green Hill" bit is a tourist attraction or something. At the part where Sonic gets launched into the air, in the bottom left there's a bit of road that kinda looks like it could be a go-kart track of some sort so it might be part of a theme park from before Eggman fucked shit up.

Wisps weren't a bad idea. They just shouldn't have lasted as long as they did outside of their origin game.

• Thumbs Up 7

It may not be GHZ, could just be a random new location, but it's jarring look still makes me feel like the idea of it being 2 locations(or more) put together by some time space thing eggman has likely made, something realistic in this game. Could be wrong, but hey, that's the joy of speculating. You don't need to be totally on point.

• Thumbs Up 1