Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

20 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one. jk

I don't know you guys maybe I'm stupid or just easily pleased but I'm not really seeing why people are getting their panties in a bunch. Looks like a ton of fun to me and honestly I like the more stylistic look mixed with a post-Apocalyptic looking environment.

I only wear boxers. But it could be Sega always hypes their games. I just want a decent entry sized game. Noting short and hand holding as generations was. Nor the content yelling of. ROCKET!!! SPIKE!!! DRILL!!!!. But deep down I'm excited

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the new character is going to be the third gameplay spot.

BUT, the new character is going to be like the timecop from Xenoverse in that it's going to have a set design for promotional stuff and you'll get to make your own OC character. And the actual gameplay is going to be like Lost World but more combat oriented.

It's going to sell million of copies thanks to Deviantart.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, JezMM said:

That is Sonic's butt.

sonocal.thumb.png.742ba6196f7731345c3a0b940dafc6b3.png

No. This is Sonic's butt.

sonoc.thumb.png.509a21fd3266917090c345abdeb11843.png

Overall, I'm excited, but I hope the Death Egg Sentinels do more than just stand around in the distance. I wanna see some real Shadow of the Colossus type action here!

• Thumbs Up 6

Anyone want to help me round up the new info and links for the article I'm making about it? Thanks! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, The J said:

I do wonder where that loopdeloop leads to. Tunnel section, where everything is falling apart, perhaps?

Image1.jpg

Sort of looks like the perfect transition to a 2D section to me...

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I expected to see boost, what I ( and probably everyone else) didn't was 3 different playable modes..Yeah, that is pretty curious.

Even though from the teaser I was already expecting boost, I'm still a little "eh" on the Boost style and way before the game was ever announced hoped for Sonic Team to try something better than that. Though, honestly, I'm still excited about Sonic Forces and I'm happy to see a lot more going on in levels (giant robots crushing everything,
missiles striking etc).

A little disappointed that 2D sections are coming back when Classic will already do just that.

Nice to hear other characters will be a little more involved in the story and levels - even though they're unplayable, I do hope they won't be annoying, and it'd be great if you could replay the levels without any jabbering from Vector or Knuckles unlike with Lost World with Deadly Six taunting you with the same old lines.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Strickerx5 said:

Sort of looks like the perfect transition to a 2D section to me...

Looks to me like it leads to an underwater passage that takes you across the lake bed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if this sounds stupid or somebody already said this. But that egg robot sentinel color scheme seems kind of similar to Nega...With time traveling plots who knows...

28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It may not be GHZ, could just be a random new location, but it's jarring look still makes me feel like the idea of it being 2 locations(or more) put together by some time space thing eggman has likely made, something realistic in this game. Could be wrong, but hey, that's the joy of speculating. You don't need to be totally on point.

I don't get it. It's just a mountain...

8 minutes ago, The J said:

I do wonder where that loopdeloop leads to. Tunnel section, where everything is falling apart, perhaps?

Image1.jpg

It looks like it's just changing the direction you're heading in. The city continues to the right.

Man, Sonic Forces looks so damn good! A bit bummed that Classic Sonic gameplay and Wisps are there, but I hope for the most part Modern Sonic's sections are in 3D.

Super curious what the 3rd gameplay style might be, but I'll bet you don't control Sonic.

And also reading the youtube description for the Sonic Forces gameplay and seeing "Death Egg Robot Sentinels", so unless this place is in the future I really can't stop calling this game "Sonic Days of Future Past". lol

Has it been suggested yet that the 3rd style might be future Sonic?

Past (classic), Present (modern), Future :0

• Thumbs Up 5

People thinking Sega hasn't learnt from their previous mistakes is rather risky, Sonic Team has responded to claims they were playing it safe with Generations and created Lost World. Then when the latter wasn't as well received they heard complaints that it was foolish for them to drop away a previous and critically acclaimed they falter back to the one which fans liked. And complaints are happening again.

This is why when Sega greenlit Sonic Mania on top of this it was such a clever move. Why? Because the fan base is so divided these days that it is impossible to please everyone. If you like the boost gameplay, then here's your game. If you want a true sequel to the classics, then Mania's your game.

My personal view of the footage? Too early to determine if I'll fully get into based on not even a minute's worth of a playthrough of (potentially) the opening level. I'm sure others will disagree. But as stated in my previous statement, no one in this community will ever fully be happy with a game. 

On various websites I've seen fans act prematurely for having different views from them. Shouldn't it be ok to accept fans grew up with different versions of our favourite blue hedgehog?

As for the story side, taking a wait and see approach. They aren't exactly masters of storytelling, if they have to ensure fans enjoy it. Then make it work, doesn't matter if it's fully voice acted. As long as it's down well.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I don't get it. It's just a mountain...

It looks like it's just changing the direction you're heading in. The city continues to the right.

It's weaved into the city itself as well if you look behind the giant robot. And to me it still looks like it contrasts the city stylistically. Not seeing why that's such a controversial opinion, and why it's bothersome that people think it could be two locations put together potentially(especially when Classic once again is showing up) I've even said i could be wrong and it could be a regular level, so not sure what your problem is.

IMG_7633.PNG

How are people getting naga from the colors.  they look noting even remotely close to his color scheme

6 minutes ago, Lighthead said:

Has it been suggested yet that the 3rd style might be future Sonic?

Past (classic), Present (modern), Future :0

That's...not a terrible idea. It seems strange that a game called Sonic Forces would feature Classic and Modern Sonic alongside a random new character. Speculation that "Adventure" Sonic could show up seems off and the possibility of Boom Sonic is just terrifying.

However, I would be okay with SEGA using the game to experiment with a new gameplay mechanic and design for Sonic. I'd be cautiously optimistic if that were the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

It's weaved into the city itself as well if you look behind the giant robot. And to me it still looks like it contrasts the city stylistically. Not seeing why that's such a controversial opinion, and why it's bothersome that people think it could be two locations put together potentially(especially when Classic once again is showing up)

IMG_7633.PNG

The city is built near and into the mountains. That's a thing in real life, too. I'm not bothered by you or anyone having this opinion, I just have yet to see convincing argument for it. 

Future sonic is probably just i guess idk boom sonic without sports tape or scarf

which means enerbeam shit as your third gameplay style.

Just now, Meta77 said:

How are people getting naga from the colors.  they look noting even remotely close to his color scheme

People say they're getting Black and Yellow, instead of Red and Black...or Red and Yellow. But the robot looks mostly Black and Silver, and that's about it. It works.

Well I don't see many city locations within Sonic with pieces from other tropes, like I've said, the cartoony simplistic looking natural sections look like they contrast the realistic destroyed city, and with Classic randomly showing up, it doesn't seem that wacky to think eggman is messing with time and space again, especially if this perhaps takes place after the events of Gens

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I know, the Wisps could just be there to be used as Boost energy but then again, I heard Iizuka mention destroying enemies also provide Boost energy as well. So it could Sonic Team's attempt to make a tad more challenging to keep your Boost bar filled. Not as easy to get like in Unleashed/Generations but no where near as scarce as it was in Colors.

After doing some analysis stuff on the gameplay footage, I seem to find a lot of ties to previous titles.

I mean, the idle pose and model for Modern Sonic in Forces is pretty much the same as in Lost World. His jump animation is just bouncy and cartoony as in that game as well. The Green Hill-esque valley is very Lost World-esque as well. I would still like to see Parkour somewhere in this game as well, hopefully in the unknown third gameplay style. Of course, Modern and Classic Sonic is obvious the same setup as Generations, no duh. White Wisps from Colors, if there's going to be Color Powers; that's going to be a slight issue with me, only ever really liked them in the handheld versions of Colors and Lost World. The action/adventure style is very Unleashed/Adventure era so yeah.

Also the Egg Pawns and Buzz Bombers seen in the footage has a more intimidating look to them, if that's a word to describe it. The Egg Pawns in Forces don't seem to have the iconic orange color scheme anymore and are more white/gray with red eyes while the Buzz Bombers do seems to have the dark blue color scheme as in Sonic 1 but they just have the one red eye. Also the black grey color scheme of the Death Egg Robot Sentinels are nice set to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

That's...not a terrible idea. It seems strange that a game called Sonic Forces would feature Classic and Modern Sonic alongside a random new character. Speculation that "Adventure" Sonic could show up seems off and the possibility of Boom Sonic is just terrifying.

See, I've seen a lot of people suggest (either seriously or as a joke) that the 3rd gameplay style would be Boom Sonic... but what even is the Sonic Boom gameplay style? It sure as hell isn't Adventure styled and Sonic Team wouldn't try to force a slow, clunky brawler into the mix (again).

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

People say they're getting Black and Yellow, instead of Red and Black...or Red and Yellow. But the robot looks mostly Black and Silver, and that's about it. It works.

I'm seeing black and silver or a dark white if that makes sense