Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

True but that was Colors back then, and this is the now.

At this point, I'm not surprised by the inconsistencies, but that's kinda been a thing with the series for some time.

I'm not sure why that matters honestly. 

And traditions are fine in some cases but I feel the act of being inconsistent is one they'd be fine letting go. You know?

Rings no longer get attracted to Sonic when boosting from the looks of it.

Been re-watching the footage several times over now and the rings never pull toward Sonic while boosting.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'm speaking only on the terms of the main canon, Runners is a random mobile spin-off that failed miserably. Even if the descriptions sounded pretty, they're not canon.

Why isn't it?

Everyone said the same about the storybook series until was it colours or Generations confirmed they were? It's a statement about a thing in Sonic's world that makes sense, was made by Sonic team. If we're going to consider anything which didn't do well because it didn't last or wasn't a critical success... lol this series is in fucking trouble.

Also really? People are questioning why a powerup is placed in a box? Lol have we never played a game before?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

Wisps are introduced as incidental NPCs whose planet has been kidnapped by Eggman, who want to go home, and basically allow Sonic to use their energy as a means of achieving freedom and return to their home planet. And then they say good-bye at the end of Colors.

Why are they still here? Okay, I can take an asspull that some just stopped by Lost Hex and always lived there as for why they're in Lost World. But these little bastards only came down to Earth's surface to bid Sonic and Tails farewell. So why in the hell are they in Forces?

Go.

AWAY.

They're alien mosquitoes.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

I'm not sure why that matters honestly. 

And traditions are fine in some cases but I feel the act of being inconsistent is one they'd be fine letting go. You know?

I agree. I am hoping that Forces and Mania will be the heralds of consistency as Fire and Ice has so far served as a herald of SEGA learning the necessity of delaying a game for quality.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm guessing either:

A ) Since Sonic may have not intervened\have existed in this timeline, Eggman succeeded in his Colors plan, or

B ) Eggman stopped by the local Planet Wisp and nabbed a few for good evil measure.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I agree. I am hoping that Forces and Mania will be the heralds of consistency as Fire and Ice has so far served as a herald of SEGA learning the necessity of delaying a game for quality.

I find it oddly ironic how, Fire and Ice, a Boom game, actually did something that Sega should have learned to have done so many years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Why isn't it?

Everyone said the same about the storybook series until was it colours or Generations confirmed they were?

Also really? People are questioning why a powerup is placed in a box? Lol have we never played a game before?

Well, they're boxes full of living/advanced beings that were supposed to have stayed in Sonic's world because they liked it.

Remaining in capsules in following titles makes no sense since they should basically be locals now and randomly float about for Sonic to tag. It's a nitpicky consistency thing. If the Wisps started out as mere items and nothing more, I dunno, but...

I'm trying to give Colors some plot/canon support okay? Coupled with the staff's own words of why they're here now not matching up with still being essentially prisoners instead.

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Wisps are introduced as incidental NPCs whose planet has been kidnapped by Eggman, who want to go home, and basically allow Sonic to use their energy as a means of achieving freedom and return to their home planet. And then they say good-bye at the end of Colors.

Why are they still here? Okay, I can take an asspull that some just stopped by Lost Hex and always lived there as for why they're in Lost World. But these little bastards only came down to Earth's surface to bid Sonic and Tails farewell. So why in the hell are they in Forces?

Go.

AWAY.

I feel the same but, hey... They like the things and as long as Japan likes it, that's all that matters.

I suspect the repulsion and HARD backlash against them will deter them from appearing again anytime soon after this.

(Seriously people, start screaming how much you hate them, that made multiple characters and plot depth vanish after all)

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I'll go with the story that all Sonic games are made in a studio and Sonic and Eggman are just actors and shit (don't ask how it works) and the director always wants the wisps to return despite everyone else objecting/not caring about them on set. 

Just now, ShroomZed said:

I think I'll go with the story that all Sonic games are made in a studio and Sonic and Eggman are just actors and shit (don't ask how it works) and the director always wants the wisps to return despite everyone else objecting/not caring on set. 

So Wisps are the creator's pet that Shadow used to be.

• Thumbs Up 6

Still kinda shitty if you ask me. But yeah, I guess it's almost the same as complain why there are RINGS there or inside Eggman's bases, for example. But it's a videogame, so yeah :V

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Well sure but they decided to give these powerups a backstory. It's not like people actually care why there are rings on the Space Colony Ark or in the Frog Forest. Or why there's Electric Shields and Flame shields in Ice Cap zone. 

Why the wisps are there is the thing I care about the least when it comes to why I don't wish for them to be around anymore but it's still a point of contention I have with their presence regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

So why in the hell are they in Forces?

Well the game is about Sonic trying to turn the tide of a dictatorship... so Sonic probably watched the new season of The Walking Dead for inspiration.

In the current season, Rick is trying to build an army against the Saviours, Sonic is trying to build an army against Eggman's Forces, which he calls 'Sonic Forces.'

So he's calling up all his old drinking buddies to try and join the battle. 

Mighty and Ray said no. The Chaotix said yes but only if they got them more music CD's and Pizza.

And the Wisps joined because Iizuka said so.

• Thumbs Up 6

True, in this case with Eggman reigning terror, it really doesn't make sense acting like there's no reason that the wisps remaining on Earth would be locked up in those capsules when you actually stop and think about the circumstances of Sonic Forces.

So someone made a fan made version of the theme with lyrics, and I gotta say I love it a lot. When they start shouting Sonic Forces, I get an instant reminder of Sonic Heroes' theme.

• Thumbs Up 2

Some wisps stayed. I like all the powers Sonic gets but I want them as optional and not forced

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Sonic Runners said they liked it there so they stayed. That's actually the official canon explanation.

Does Earth not remember what happened the last two times aliens invaded? Maybe they should engage in some pre-emptive warfare.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Nepenthe said:

Does Earth not remember what happened the last two times aliens invaded? Maybe they should engage in some pre-emptive warfare.

We'd lose