Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

46 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Can we not do this.

It really doesn't help with finding out information and if someone slips up then it's on them and never ends up going well.

If you say so, I'm sorry. I already said I'd stop, I don't want to get her in trouble.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Lady Soniko said:

Oh and Ohtani's top 3 Songs he's done for the franchise is Endless Possibilities, Rooftop Run and a cheeky answer but he said his work on Sonic Runners as a whole. Jun's top 3 tracks are Escape from the City, Live and Learn and  Seaside Hill.

Oh and you can thank Ohtani Sama for SA2's Knuckles music direction, because he's the one that did the music and beats for the songs.

All this stream really did for me was make me love Ohtani even more. I'm glad he gave recognition to his own work in Sonic Runners because the entire soundtrack for that game feels like a hidden gem that doesn't get enough love from fans, and I absolutely love the Knuckles music in SA2.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm pretty sure now that Nakamura is not one of those "hands off" producers. But the more active kind. Which I think it's honestly a good thing. We needed a new direction from lizuka's vision which usually was "let Ken and Warren take care of it". 

As small as it is, i'm actually getting really excited over the stuff Nakamura and Ohtani have been sharing. It feels like they are more invested in this game, instead of letting it fall in the hands of others. 

• Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

If you say so, I'm sorry. I already said I'd stop, I don't want to get her in trouble.

Yea never pressure a slip. I enjoy natural slips more :)

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

We saw the exact same thing happen before with Mike Pollock a few years ago, and he rightly felt upset and betrayed. 

Wait, what happened to Mike Pollock a few years ago?

13 minutes ago, Ajavalo said:

Wait, what happened to Mike Pollock a few years ago?

Something to do with him going on record that he didn't want to get involved with the whole "pingas" meme several times, and then one day getting duped into it when he was doing an interview/guest appearance on a fan podcast. Certainly not the biggest betrayal ever and he didn't leak anything of course, but it's a case of the fans getting a few kicks at the content creator's expense. It put him off doing appearances for a while. And who can blame him? He was just being a cool guy, and then he got taken for a ride. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

Looks like Sonic Forces will have more focus on story!

The game having a script doesn't necessarily imply more focus on the story. Any game with any amount of story has a script.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, for him to show the script, at least it seems is going to be more important than... Lost World.

It really doesn't imply that at all.

It may very well be, of course, but we just don't know yet. And being told that a script exists is not any kind of evidence one way or the other.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

Well, for him to show the script, at least it seems is going to be more important than... Lost World.

I think you mean Generations.

Yes, that's a better example.

I said that "it seems". Is not like I'm confirming anything.

Forces looks more story focused which I think is interesting, but I'm not going to be excited about it until we know who's writing it. Sonic games have been notorious for bad writing and dialogue for about as long as they've been trying to take those elements seriously.

Isn't Mr N working on it since he did 06? Honestly I'm looking forward to it. I still defend the idea if Sega had actually taken time like they are doing these two games that 06 story could have been good

• Thumbs Up 1

I rather have a simple story with bad jokes and not too much serious moments than the absolute mess that made the franchise a laughing stock more than the gameplay. The story of Sonic '06 and ShadowTH .

But better than those, Unleashed story was good, and looks like Forces tone is going for something close to that, and to be honest, is not that hard to do.

I hope Nakamura knows what he is doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

06's story was actually good in some parts. Shadow's story especially (which I heard was written by Shiro Maekawa, so no surprise there). Still, it's been ten years, Nakamura must have learned something from his shortcomings. And then again he knows the series much better that Pontaff. And dare I say but I think he's got a better vision that the lizuka of today. I'll rather take my chances with him that take more predictable writing from Pontaff and lizuka's lacking and safe direction.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Forces looks more story focused which I think is interesting, but I'm not going to be excited about it until we know who's writing it. Sonic games have been notorious for bad writing and dialogue for about as long as they've been trying to take those elements seriously.

It's bad even when they don't take those things seriously either :')

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I mean "take those things seriously" as in "Trying to do them at all."

I know you're  joking but I don't want to turn this into another modern games debate thread(again)

Just now, Josh said:

I mean "take those things seriously" as in "Trying to do them at all."

I know you're  joking but I don't want to turn this into another modern games debate thread(again)

Ooooooooo, how'd that discussion end?

1 hour ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

I rather have a simple story with bad jokes and not too much serious moments than the absolute mess that made the franchise a laughing stock more than the gameplay. The story of Sonic '06 and ShadowTH .

But better than those, Unleashed story was good, and looks like Forces tone is going for something close to that, and to be honest, is not that hard to do.

I hope Nakamura knows what he is doing.

Laughing stock?  the franchise um I think it's fine else we wouldn't still be getting games. And people like a good laugh look at how popular their yt page is.  any anything I'd not prefer another joke filled 4th wall breaking comedy game. I'd rather the time brotherhood had. Makes me feel like they link since in it eggman took over the world

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

But most critics don't remember or don't care about the silly stuff even when it sucks while the serious bad stuff is immortalized.

So if this serious attempt at a story turns into another meme fest of bad writing I won't exactly be shedding tears if it's back to silly stuff again.  

• Thumbs Up 1