Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

... I'm excited for Sonic Forces.

More than Mania.

... I'm excited for Sonic Mania.

More than Forces.

Good for you. Be excited for Sonic. It's nice to look forward to something. For a change, I don't think anyone has to overtly worry about any Sonic game being bad.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Ayliffe said:

I'm sure you have the sales figures to back up that Sonic Forces is financially considered a failure? 

I'll certainly be willing to compare Forces figures to Mania

Even if Mania is cheaper I wouldn't be surprised if its overall profit exceeds Forces full $59.99 price.

(Unless it's $49.99 but still, I expect Mania to outsell)

Ok, then...

It doesn't mean I love Mania already though. I'm excited for both games.

Question, it has been confirmed that Classic Sonic will be in 2D?

....I'm excited for both games

Equally.

(Had to do it but I am excited for any Sonic game)

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm also more excited for Forces, I think it's a matter of taste.

And I don't like this arrogant attitude towards Sonic Team, I say let them do their job in peace. Besides, you already made 20 posts saying Sonic Team is terrible compared to Whitehead.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mania looks more focused just going off of what we know about both projects. It also has a more trustworthy team on it and has proper classic gameplay. Not a hard choice for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

For mania, I'm not exactly interested in it. To be fair, it really just comes down to what I prefer in video games. 

That's why I was more excited to see what project 2017 will bring to the table. After looking at what was revealed, I'm just not feeling it. It's looks about the same as before but with prettier graphics and it's a total bummer. I hope later reveals change mind. If not then I might have to hold off on both forces and mania for a while. Sorry...

I'm ok with the boost gameplay if they don't make the Boost power overpower again, which seems to not be the case in Forces. 

Can we say the good things about Forces for a change?... What do you like in the game for now?

- I am in love with the first level itself being so cinematic.

- Really liked the new visual effects of the homming attack and the boost.

-  The fact that eggman won this time makes me pretty hyped for the story of the game. It will be Story driven.

- As always, the graphics, colors, and overall art is just perfect, as well as...

- The theme music, which is really great and dramatic. Gives me Sonic Heroes and SA2's feels.

• Thumbs Up 2

wew. I should have added that's just my opinion. I'm sure Mania will be fun and all and i'll play it a lot but I highly doubt Sega gave Taxman the chance to actually write a story for it. Or who knows, maybe this is the secret project Flynn has been playing Script Doctor for?

Man, those lines Eggman threw at Sonic during Crazy Gadget, damn. "SONIC, HURRY UP, SHE WILL DIE". I mean h-o-l-y-s-h-a-i-t.

It will be cool to see Eggman doing this again in Forces. And some hillarious ones like Colors too. All very well ballanced.

44 minutes ago, Cakito said:

I'm okay with the boost game-play if they don't make the Boost power overpower again...

The Boost can't not be overpowered...the only they can do is limit the gain or make it drain faster.

And you know, if we're gonna critize Sonic Team we should at least be more specific with what we like and don't like. If we as a fandom are more straightforward with our opinions then Sega will be able to get better feedback. This way of bickering will let them know nothing.

What I think doesn't work is: Pontaff in general, ignoring existing characters, creating even more one-shot characters when we already have enough fan-beloved characters. Boost gameplay can get kinda boring. 

What I think works: Great level design, music is still amazing, graphics are appealing (The hedgehog engine serves it's purpose greatly).

What I would like to see back: More exploration in levels, I would like to be able to control the character for more that just changing the direction when boosting. The characters, controversial as they are every fan has at least one favorite, so bring them back if possible. More balance of story and gameplay. Basically no generations situation in which we end up with no story, or 06 which has too much story. Unleashed is a good balance, Sonic Adventure and Heroes too. Or the Rush series. Just balance it out.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

Man, those lines Eggman threw at Sonic during Crazy Gadget, damn. "SONIC, HURRY UP, SHE WILL DIE". I mean h-o-l-y-s-h-a-i-t.

It will be cool to see Eggman doing this again in Forces. And some hillarious ones like Colors too. All very well ballanced.

It's cool that they're bringing this stuff back (hopefully it won't get obnoxious) but I really hope they have subtitles for these. Generations added these in for Omochao and the final Time Eater battle, but as far as I'm aware, there weren't subtitles for Colours and Lost World's in-game dialogue. 

This is a serious concern for any game released in the 21st Century and genuinely hinders the enjoyment that potential players with hearing impairments will get.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm also more excited for Forces just because I love the Boost games.

I've been trying really hard to like the Classics more but it's just not happening. I've replayed them 3 or 4 times (and even got all Chaos Emeralds in 3) but... They just don't click with me.

Mania looks great and what I played of it was fun, but it's more of an "I'm looking forward to this" instead of an "I'm hyped for this".

I mean, I grew up with Modern Sonic, y'know? Classic didn't come until a lot later. Probably why I never got into them as much. And I'm not saying the Classics are bad either. I just can't get into them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Personally, I'm more excited for Forces than Mania. I like the Classic games, but never as much as the 3D ones, so after its announcement I really didn't feel anything at all. I'll most likely hold off on playing Mania till after I play Forces because it's more of a priority to me.

3 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I'm also more excited for Forces just because I love the Boost games.

I've been trying really hard to like the Classics more but it's just not happening. I've replayed them 3 or 4 times (and even got all Chaos Emeralds in 3) but... They just don't click with me.

Mania looks great and what I played of it was fun, but it's more of an "I'm looking forward to this" instead of an "I'm hyped for this".

I mean, I grew up with Modern Sonic, y'know? Classic didn't come until a lot later. Probably why I never got into them as much. And I'm not saying the Classics are bad either. I just can't get into them.

Literally me and I thought I was the only one. I could never really get into Sonic 3 much but I respect the work that is in the game. Pkus I started with 06. ayyyy

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Miki said:

Literally me and I thought I was the only one. I could never really get into Sonic 3 much but I respect the work that is in the game. Pkus I started with 06. ayyyy

Obviously the best way to start off. I actually started with the Classics, but the series never stuck with me until I played Heroes, which is probably why it's my favorite game in the series (and I played the PS2 version ayyyy)

• Thumbs Up 1

Consider me in the camp equally excited and optimistic for, but also properly cautionary for the two upcoming games, Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania!

Going off of the production values for what's been seen at least, I certainly get the inking that both will at least be benefiting from their respective teams taking the proper time, long as it may be to optimize their content and not be rushed out for a specific release.

• Thumbs Up 9