Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

35 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

That's because (in my honest opinion) Lost World's story and writing had no absolutely thought or love put into any of its dialogue, humour or setting. Sonic can pull off a female villain just as it can a male one, but as I said a few pages back it's all about execution.

Oh, I agree. I just wanted to complain about Pontac and Graff's writing some more.

The problem with having a full boost game, is that it was confirmed here in this topic that a lot of people despise the boost formula, so that's why Sonic Team tries to put more gameplay styles, so the game could be at least "alright" for those people, instead of being total crap with only one gameplay style that people don't like.

8 minutes ago, JezMM said:

This so often gets said, but it DID have half-measures though.  80% of it was 2D.  Quick-step and drifting was relegated to context-sensitive gimmick sections rather than being tools Sonic could use or not use at any time the player sees fit.  Level geometry was remixed and reused for smaller puzzle acts, and Wisp gameplay was used to justify lots of slowed down/puzzley segments to further stretch out how much bang they got for their buck with map creation and the boost formula over just creating satisfying platforming and spectacle to play as regular Sonic.  Boss battles, while decent, were also reused.

Yeah Colours still needed refining now that I think about it lol. The over reliance on 2D sections is a bummer and basically means that Colours is a 2D game with 3D bits in it. Quick-step and drifting being context-sensitive I would've just put down to Sonic Team's weird goal of getting the game to work on literally every possible Wii control scheme. Brings up a good point though, in Generations the light-dash and wall-jump was made context-sensitive and honestly I think this was the wrong decision. Hopefully Forces can bring back the freedom that Unleashed had in this department.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think if Sonic Team is more confident, Classic Sonic shouldn't need to be in the game. (or just playable)

5 minutes ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

I still think if Sonic Team is more confident, Classic Sonic shouldn't need to be in the game. (or just playable)

I don't really think it makes sense to have Classic in Forces at all, as there's not a big gap at all between the release of Forces and Mania. But, SEGA may have something up their sleeve concerning Classic since they've decided to keep him in the game.

10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Sonic the Hedgehog!

Fights for truth!

Justice!

Ruins the nails of Demon Alien Women and laughs about it!

And the American Way!

Seriously though... this is my first time ever seeing this! Holy shit is Lost World really THAT Bad?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

Zik and Zeena are my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog characters.

Mind if I ask what do you see, that you like in Zeena? 

Green alien boobs.

Nah, I'm just kidding. The Deadly Six are probably my most hated characters in any game ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Sonic the Hedgehog!

Fights for truth!

Justice!

And the American Way!

Seriously though... this is my first time ever seeing this! Holy shit is Lost World really THAT Bad?

It bites. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pontac and Graff are so great. I love their writing, so full of good jokes and characters.

Did I mention how much I love the Deadly Six?

I can't wait for the third Forces character, The seventh Deadly Six.

Anyway, please don't bring them ever again, Sonic Team.

25 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Sonic the Hedgehog!

Fights for truth!

Justice!

And the American Way!

You mean... Like... For all the fights across all the Sonic forums in the past 4 years, this is the first time you've seen this?

In that case... Yes, it really is that bad.

2 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

You mean... Like... For all the fights across all the Sonic forums in the past 4 years, this is the first time you've seen this?

Just because other people fight over something doesn't mean I get involved.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

How to write a good female villian:

1. Write a good villian

2. Have them be female

It's not that complicated an issue lol.

Sonic team: Ok break it down for me simpler

Just now, Shadowlax said:

Sonic team: Ok break it down for me simpler

She needs to want to fall for sonic

6 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

She needs to want to fall for sonic

" Ok so we get the the good villian part" 

Ok 

" And we got the girl part" 

Nice.... nowww makes hand motions

" What if she liked a male character, OH shadow, she can make him want to turn evil. And we can hook up sticks with some random island nobody " 

I mean like that's not the worst idea, but how about we have a female character who doesn't need anyone first. Or maybe that happens much much later, after development... Wait what was that last part about stick.....

" NOPE YOU SAID I WAS MILDLY OK. TOO LATE ALREADY MAKING TOYS OF THEM MAKING OUT" 

Gooddamnit! 

And Sega went on to continue to solve cuts via amputation, not understanding the meaning of tact, it was their destiny.. For they are Sega, and they live on the Edge. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

" Ok so we get the the good villian part" 

Ok 

" And we got the girl part" 

Nice.... nowww makes hand motions

" What if she liked a male character, OH shadow, she can make him want to turn evil. And we can hook up sticks with some random island nobody " 

I mean like that's not the worst idea, but how about we have a female character who doesn't need anyone first. Or maybe that happens much much later, after development... Wait what was that last part about stick.....

" NOPE YOU SAID I WAS MILDLY OK. TOO LATE ALREADY MAKING TOYS OF THEM MAKING OUT" 

Gooddamnit! 

And Sega went on to continue to solve cuts via amputation, not understanding the meaning of tact, it was their destiny.. For they are Sega, and they live on the Edge. 

"Sega CEO backs this plan" all sounds good. Get to developing toys. Go ahead and box a few shadow ones with her

12 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Just because other people fight over something doesn't mean I get involved.

I would've thought that you would get at least mildly interested.

Just now, JezMM said:

"Okay, let's start from the top, "1. write a good-"

"WHOOOA SLOW DOWN THERE"

"Define " good" "

"Well one that has depth, and motivations, and interesting characteristics that combine with a good design that would draw people to that character. "

" Ok Define girl " 

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

"Sega CEO backs this plan" all sounds good. Get to developing toys. Go ahead and box a few shadow ones with her

They are already released, you already own 4 we removed the money from your bank.