Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

I'm glad there is something that everyone can agree with.

Lost World story sucks.

It's the Sonic fanbase. There's nothing we can all agree on. I know that there are people who love Pontac and Graff, and wish to see them return for Sonic Forces.

I am not one of those people.

• Thumbs Up 9

Listen there might be someone that actually likes or defends the Pontaff writing. But i'm sure almost no one would actually lament if they were gone or thinks they are actually the best for the series right now. 

ClementJ64 likes it. 

Anyway, who you guys think that is writing the story for this game?

Just now, JosepMelloZSM said:

ClementJ64 likes it. 

Anyway, who you guys think that is writing the story for this game?

I thought Clement liked the game, not necessarily the story. Just like how I liked the game.

I don't know who could be writing for Forces. I was hoping for Ian Flynn, but I think the rumor is that he might be a script doctor.

I like Pontac/Graff's writing and while I do accept that Lost World has a lot of flaws in its writing, I do really like that game's story. (Heck, I'm playing it right now as we speak. Still enjoy it more than Colors lmao). Granted yes, Zeena is very much a stereotype and not a fun one either. She's just there but I love the potshot Sonic gave to her, that was fucking hilarious.

While I don't think they're the best fit for writing this series (but from the look of Fire & Ice, they could atleast make a decent Boom episode) I still find some of their writing pretty great at times. Never forget those glorious PA announcements yoh!

As for who's writing for Forces, well didn't Shun Nakamura posted a teaser image of Forces' script? It could be possible that the story is written by Sonic Team's own writers instead of Pontac/Graff but idk.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

I thought Clement liked the game, not necessarily the story. Just like how I liked the game.

I don't know who could be writing for Forces. I was hoping for Ian Flynn, but I think the rumor is that he might be a script doctor.

8:34

I WISH that Ian is doing the story, if Archie Sonic is dying at least he should do the story for the game as a goodbye for Archie Sonic.

5 minutes ago, Soni said:

I like Pontac/Graff's writing and while I do accept that Lost World has a lot of flaws in its writing, I do really like that game's story. (Heck, I'm playing it right now as we speak. Still enjoy it more than Colors lmao). Granted yes, Zeena is very much a stereotype and not a fun one either. She's just there but I love the potshot Sonic gave to her, that was fucking hilarious.

While I don't think they're the best fit for writing this series (but from the look of Fire & Ice, they could atleast make a decent Boom episode) I still find some of their writing pretty great at times. Never forget those glorious PA announcements yoh!

As for who's writing for Forces, well didn't Shun Nakamura posted a teaser image of Forces' script? It could be possible that the story is written by Sonic Team's own writers instead of Pontac/Graff but idk.

Oh well, different jokes for different folks. But yeah, the PA annoucements were good.

I feel like the writing will be made by the same people from the Adventure days. 

How do you guys would feel if the level we saw is actually the first? Like, you already starts at the "Age of Eggman", instead of playing regular/non-destroyed levels on the present, if we're actually in the future there.

I for one, rather start the game before Eggman takes control of everything, just for more "interactive" plot explanation, you know, instead of simply watch a huge ass cutscene or a have a character explaining to you what the F happened. It also helps the impact feel greater, you know, when you start the game and it's all well, but just a bit later and everything is gone to hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I'd like more starting the game with eggman taking control over the world already

And as the story moves on, we learn bit by bit how eggman won this time. 

Like Breath of the Wild!

Now let's start a discussion about how Sonic rips-off Zelda.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Nah I'm bored of "peaceful" opening levels.  The aesthetic of the stage we've seen so far is exactly what I've been craving out of an opening stage since, well, City Escape frankly (though I'm a slut for sunrises so Sonic Unleashed was fine too).

I'd rather jump straight to the good stuff... and then make sure the stakes continue to be raised even further as the plot goes on.

I agree with this. In medias res works as a narrative device in other media and games so why not here. The level looks really, really pretty (I've been over this once before) and its a nice change of pace. You got some immediate urgency.

And Jez, I too am an enormous sucker for dusk/dawn aesthetics. You get lovely warm colours and if the lighting is on point as it was for Windmill Isle Act 1 (tutorial) in Unleashed and as it is with The Hedgehog Engine IITM in Forces, then it will look absolutely beautiful.

I think that in a completely new game and franchise, an opening level that sounds peaceful is great for presenting the world to the player

But everyone in planet earth knows that Sonic is the hero and Eggman is the bad guy, so whatever, can we jump to the part of the story we'll actually be engaged? 

I just play Lost World for Zeena's hips and butt/crotch shots. The way she twirls on that stump yo. Girl could ride it...

...(ahem)...

Sooooo about Forces again, thought I'd pop in with this idea.

tiny___big___fat___extreme_metal_sonic_d

How about something where Eggman creates a new model of Metal Sonic that evolves/grows throughout the game every time you fight it? Perhaps each meeting showing Metal Sonic eating/merging with other robots to change his capabilities, leading to a final confrontation where he's essentially perfect?

A bit like Heroes but with more of a twist. You are the reason he evolves through the game until you take him down for good.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

I'm glad there is something that everyone can agree with.

Lost World story sucks.

Can I disagree with that statement?

The story of the Lost World game is neutral.

How about something where Eggman creates a new model of Metal Sonic that evolves/grows throughout the game every time you fight it? Perhaps each meeting showing Metal Sonic eating/merging with other robots to change his capabilities, leading to a final confrontation where he's essentially perfect?

A bit like Heroes but with more of a twist. You are the reason he evolves through the game until you take him down for good.

Metal Sonic's design doesn't need drastic changes like that, just something subtle...but significant.

Still sad how I remain here as a member of the minority who still likes the Deadly Six. Cliche sure, But hell, they were the most fun Sonic characters I personally enjoyed since Chip from Unleashed.

But I'm pretty sure using Zeena is not a good example, she was one mistake, big whoop but she wasn't the main villain or anything so I don't what you guys really expected. Having one note personalities is very common for Quirky Mini Boss Squad characters in various video games.

While I'm sure they were built up as a huge threat, I'll admit they would need more personalities, but seeing the direction SEGA and Sonic Team took for Eggman, it wouldn't be a big deal considering Eggman would be the Big Bad at the end. But hey you know, mistakes happen.

But then again, this is SONIC I'm talking about here....and mistakes in this franchise are pretty much sins.:lol:

30 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Didn't they do this in one of the Sonic Advance games?

1 minute ago, Kellan said:

It is very reminiscent of Chaos.

5 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Advance 3 did have small fights with Gemerl in each stage, yeah.

I liked the concept of the Deadly Six because the series could use some more villains that aren't Eggman or connected to him in anyway shape or form. I am shocked that they turned out to be incredibly generic and had the easiest boss fights in this series history. Such wasted potential.

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

I liked the concept of the Deadly Six because the series could use some more villains that aren't Eggman or connected to him in anyway shape or form. I am shocked that they turned out to be incredibly generic and had the easiest boss fights in this series history. Such wasted potential.

Don't we have a long ENOUGH list now...?

If they made Eggman worth anyone's time again there wouldn't be a need for a "real villain" to take the stage.

Really...? You were shocked...? Knowing the writers behind the game, you were honestly shocked...?

They have what seems to be an impossible time writing the bare minimum amount of characters right. Adding six more on was pretty much destined to be a disaster.

Well let's look at the list of villains that aren't Eggman we have in the main series.

Fang/Battle Kukku - Why not bring them back?

Chaos - He's cool now

Metal Sonic - I guess he can be a rival as well so sure

Eggman Nega - Wasn't he trapped inside Chaotic Inferno Zone at the end of Rivals 2 during Silver/Espio's stories?

Dark Gaia - Currently sleeping for another milennia

Solaris - Who?

and the Deadly Six - Either dead or gone into hiding

Every other villain I left out are either dead or exists in a different universe/continuity from main series Sonic.

I mean, Iizuka teased that we might see forgotten Classic era characters in possible future classic-style games so we might see the return of ol' Nackkie and maybe Bean and Bark as well. That would be fun to see!

But I do hope we can see the ol' Zeti crew again, a bit too basic for most people's tastes (though really, outside of Shadow; most Sonic characters aren't that deep to begin with but meh ok) but they're a fun crew. They just need more traits to them and make them standout as individuals first then see their dynamic between one another.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Don't we have a long ENOUGH list now...?

If they made Eggman worth anyone's time again there wouldn't be a need for a "real villain" to take the stage.

No we don't. As @Diogenes pointed out most of them were killed, turned good or there was some way the plot made it seem like they would never return

Chaos- Turned good

Shadow- Turned good

Black Doom- Dead

Iblis- Dead

Mephiles- Dead

Erazor Djinn- Trap inside his lamp and he's never getting out

Merlina- Had a change of heart(she was technically never evil she just didn't want her world to end)

The only villains we have besides Eggman are Metal Sonic which is an Eggman creation and Eggman Nega who is Eggman's decadent/alternate universe version of him(really who cares at this point?). Eggman can still be the main villain/big bad of the series but it doesn't hurt to broaden the roster of characters especially considering the amount of good guys we have in this series.

9 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Really...? You were shocked...? Knowing the writers behind the game, you were honestly shocked...?

They have what seems to be an impossible time writing the bare minimum amount of characters right. Adding six more on was pretty much destined to be a disaster.

Considering how folks like their work in colors and the fact that Generations was pretty rushed I was willing to give them a chance to see what they could do

• Thumbs Up 3