Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

8 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Generations doesn't count?

It took place in White Space...that's no Sonic's world, that's not any world.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

I see your point, although every stage in the game (with the exception of Planet Wisp) was still on Sonic's world. White Space was such a non-presence in that game beyond the level select—one of the worst things about Generations.

Just thought of something that a lot might not like, but a speed button on the right or left trigger would be a great idea for modern sonic. Adventure games style joystick movement so that it's smooth and then when you hold the speed button, you get stiff controls but SPEED. The hubworld speed from unleashed but faster would be good for the no run button and then generations without boosting shold be a good run speed. Of course you gotta get used to it though...

47 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

Just thought of something that a lot might not like, but a speed button on the right or left trigger would be a great idea for modern sonic. Adventure games style joystick movement so that it's smooth and then when you hold the speed button, you get stiff controls but SPEED. The hubworld speed from unleashed but faster would be good for the no run button and then generations without boosting shold be a good run speed. Of course you gotta get used to it though...

Have you played Lost World?

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Oh come on..

So I annoyed SEGA again on twitter, about the music, and they exclusively revealed to me the title of the main theme of this game, prepare yourself:

Spoiler

BECAUSE WE'RE SONIC FORCES!!1!

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

Not at all actually

That game had a run button and it was pretty janky. The physics in that game were awkward, Sonic would turn on a dime, but for whatever reason, he'd run faster going forward than he did sideways, so it just made the core gameplay a mess. If they were to return to a button for running, they need to make him run faster, have him run the same speed no matter what direction he's going, and make the level design better. If not, never return to the run button please.

On that note though, how many of you guys would like to see a return of parkour? I thought it was pretty interesting in Lost World, but not really seen to it's full potential.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

That game had a run button and it was pretty janky. The physics in that game were awkward, Sonic would turn on a dime, but for whatever reason, he'd run faster going forward than he did sideways, so it just made the core gameplay a mess. If they were to return to a button for running, they need to make him run faster, have him run the same speed no matter what direction he's going, and make the level design better. If not, never return to the run button please.

On that note though, how many of you guys would like to see a return of parkour? I thought it was pretty interesting in Lost World, but not really seen to it's full potential.

Oh, then that actually sounds pretty good(well the fixing part). Fixed it might actually play sound.

15 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

But are they consistently as bad as Sonic though? I can't think of a single franchise that's as continuously bad as Sonic tends to be on average.

I don't know. Resident Evil?

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

...Sonic would turn on a dime, but for whatever reason, he'd run faster going forward than he did sideways...

This only applies when he's on the tube, yes? As it applies to the spindash as well and stops it from being infinite.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

This only applies when he's on the tube, yes? As it applies to the spindash as well and stops it from being infinite.

It applies to any 3D space he was in.

But are they consistently as bad as Sonic though? I can't think of a single franchise that's as continuously bad as Sonic tends to be on average.

I don't know. Resident Evil?

I honestly can't tell if that franchise even tries to be taken seriously most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Haven't been keeping up, so I have to ask, has anything officially been said about other playable characters? Have Tails, Knuckles and the Chaotix been explicitly deconfirmed as playable?

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

Haven't been keeping up, so I have to ask, has anything officially been said about other playable characters? Have Tails, Knuckles and the Chaotix been explicitly deconfirmed as playable?

They've said that only Sonic will be playable, so yeah, it's been confirmed, sadly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

They've said that only Sonic will be playable, so yeah, it's been confirmed, sadly.

so the new character will be an NPC? i thought he would be the 3rd gameplay style

During normal Adventure-esque gameplay, a run button is questionable, but for the boost games, I gotta say, there are many, many times I want to run around in a 3D space without automatically activating "boost speed", locking Sonic in a straight line with only miniscule turning abilities. I'd say that a run button would be pretty useful in those instances, tbh. Would make the 3D gameplay a lot more versitile for nuanced platforming than before, for sure, as well.

7 minutes ago, NikoS said:

so the new character will be an NPC? i thought he would be the 3rd gameplay style

It'll be another Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Man, expected but what a bummer. Guess that means the third style is going to be Sonic as well. 

2 minutes ago, NikoS said:

ahh got it...

Reveal hidden contents

sonic_boom__let_s_roll_by_gummywolf7-da3bbxn.thumb.jpg.b687ee47af4b8515e984d00912e085fd.jpg

STOP

STOP IT

• Thumbs Up 3

The more you reject it, the more likely it's happening.

#B3L13V3

#BoomSonicForForces

#WhyAmIDoingHashtagsOnAForum

#ThisIsWhatMyLifeCameTo

• Thumbs Up 3

With how this franchise is determined to keep it the Sonic only show I'm would be surprised if it was a 3rd Sonic. Probably not Boom although I would love to see that just for the reaction alone. Maybe some Sonic from the future or something idk.

1 Sonic is full 2D: Classic

1 Sonic is a 2D/3D hybrid: Modern

1 Sonic is full 3D: Future

It's just something that'd make sense, it would also make sense if the full 3D one was in the middle. It's both types of a dimensional transition.

Just the fact that it's confirmed there's gonna be a new animal character leaves me little reason to believe they won't be playable. I'd prefer if the 3rd gameplay style was an already existing character but it just doesn't seem likely. The idea of a 3rd playable Sonic actually makes my chest hurt. There's no way they'd create a brand new Sonic like future Sonic or whatever.

The only possible candidates are Boom Sonic or this new character. And Boom Sonic doesn't seem all too likely. I mean it kind of does. But I won't believe it. I'm kind of thinking that perhaps this 3rd character will be a Sonic look alike kind of how Shadow was. It'd be so stupid to have something like that again but I'm feeling like it might be another hedgehog. That way they can still make a scene where Amy thinks this new guy is Sonic, and it wouldn't look so off having 2 Sonic's and Penny the Penguin or whatever. 

Well either that, or the new character will be Sonic's son from the future coming back to the past to fix his terrible future... or something. Oof, either way you look at it things aren't looking like they're gonna be pretty.