Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

What exactly is too "Western" about that Classic Sonic model? It has no mohawk, no butt brow, and his shoes aren't unnecessarily pointy. The only thing "Western" about that...thing...is the pose.

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What exactly is too "Western" about that Classic Sonic model? It has no mohawk, no butt brow, and his shoes aren't unnecessarily pointy. The only thing "Western" about that...thing...is the pose.

The colorization basically. And it's hard to explain but there's a vibe it gives off that's different than that of Japans version used from Generations until now.

I guess it takes being nit-picky to notice.

• Thumbs Up 1

It hardly even looks any different to the classic model currently.

Their biggest mistake from the start was not sticking with Toei's Sonic for the rest of the classic series, but by the time Generations came about it'd probably be pretty difficult to translate to 3D anyway.

While the Classic Sonic version is the topic...

Who's ready for Classic Sonic to have new 2D stages centering homing attack chains?

Cause, you know, he learned the move back in Generations, so get ready for more bad level design.

(Edit)

Also, here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lol that video is terrible

I wouldn't put too much mind toward the homing attack thing. I bet more than anything Sonic Forces wasn't going to be the way it was until after that ending was written.

Also, the thread title is messed up. Putting "terrible" before "meme" is redundant

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Lol that video is terrible

I wouldn't put too much mind toward the homing attack thing. I bet more than anything Sonic Forces wasn't going to be the way it was until after that ending was written.

Also, the thread title is messed up. Putting "terrible" before "meme" is redundant

I'm not sure what the title is supposed to mean...

SSMB thinks Forces is terrible basically?

No, as in the title of forces forced a meme into the statuses. A terrible one.

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Have some faith guys. The 3rd Sonic will be Metal Sonic and we will all be cool with that.

While I genuinely don't believe that this will happen... I could see a way that it might.

Both the use of Classic Sonic and the return to a darker tone in Forces are reactions to fandom dissatisfaction with non-sidescrolling gameplay and a lighter, low-story approach to recent game plots. Much like Classic Sonic, Metal Sonic is quite popular among fans.  I could see him being brought in as a sop to the hardcore fans - in much the same way as he was probably mandated into Rise Of Lyric.  In fact, while I've said that I highly doubt that he'll be playable, I wouldn't be surprised to see Metal Sonic in Forces as a non-playable character or villain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello, pardon my ignorance, I'm kind of new here, but didn't Sega already confirmed a new character for the third play style.

6 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Also, here.

Why would anybody want to make this.

• Thumbs Up 8

7 minutes ago, DarkXZA said:

Hello, pardon my ignorance, I'm kind of new here, but didn't Sega already confirmed a new character for the third play style.

Hello! :)

And no, they did not confirm that. They only confirmed a new character and a third gameplay style, not the combination of the two... As of yet, that is. 

• Thumbs Up 3

52 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

shadow_the_hedgehog__s_reaction_to_fangi

It's just so butthurt. I don't think that I'll ever understand these sorts of reactions. I was so disappointed when the trailer said "but even heroes need help", only for Classic Sonic to appear instead of any of Sonic's shitty friends. Is this actually necessary though? Like, really?

I want that Shadow in a game. Look at that face. Look at it. Shit would be fucking hilarious if used correctly.

• Thumbs Up 3

Where the hell did all the Shadow hate come from suddenly?

• Thumbs Up 6

It could be like Sonic Rush even where Shadow could have enough tweaks to his moveset to make the game worth another play-through.

• Thumbs Up 8

14 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

Just don't give him a voice.

When Classic Sonic doesn't talk, it seems like he has a very bad case of laryngitis.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

It could be like Sonic Rush even where Shadow could have enough tweaks to his moveset to make the game worth another play-through.

that's pretty much all I wanted for the last 10 plus years. I don't everybody to be playable just like 2-3 more characters with some tweaks

Oh, I will say I THINK I'd rather have a game of 9 2D stages and 9 3D/2D hybrid stages with classic and modern than like, a game of 12 or so 3D/2D hybrid stages but with just different playable characters to pad it out.

I've always been more interested in lots of base content over a medium amount of replayability over a small amount of base content with lots of playability.

• Thumbs Up 2