Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

I like Ian Flynn's theory that Time Eater is Mephiles. It both connects two characters to be a bigger threat, and actively fixes the plot hole of Crisis City being in Generations.

This was toyed around by Shadow759. I agree this would make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/user/shadow759

4 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

Nah I think she's fairly easy to understand. She's a very energetic girl who is very friendly as long as you don't get on her bad side. And she loves Sonic a lot. I never really saw her as one dimensional like she was in Generations and Colors DS. And honestly I don't see what's so bad about her in Battle and Heroes. She was just very hyper and spirited but she was still pretty funny. I honestly think her only really bad portrayals are Free Riders and Generations. Which is dissapointing of Free Riders since she was pretty okay in the Riders series. But she's just a huge jerk in Free Riders, which I feel doesn't really suit her character. 

I didn't say she wasn't easy to understand, I said she was always inconsistent. In some games she was just very pushy, in others she was violent, and in Sonic Battle she was just delusional. She's not much of a jerk (besides forcing Cream to help with her training), but her actions in that game were very unhealthy mentally and physically, not even in a humorous way.

In Free Riders she wasn't nearly as bad as Battle, but she basically forced Cream and Vector to be there. While in Generations she was just stuck with her base trait same as everyone else in that game. Which is pretty much the same as Heroes and Riders, where her other traits pretty much don't appear. That wasn't saying they're bad, just bland.

Maybe it's because you're looking at it as an adult and over-analyzing it. Which is what a lot of adults tend to do with children's media these days lol. When I was a kid i thought it was funny. And replaying Battle again I still think it's funny. Kinda messed up but funny. 

I mean some people see Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all ganging up on Rouge and beating the crap out of her as kinda messed up and not very heroic and I understand why, but it's still pretty funny in game. And it's not really as bad as it sounds.

2 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Holy crap man... That's some strong emotion there...

What are we even posing in this thread now? lol

Aren't we talking about Sticks in Forces? I'm just thinking her personality is a bit too random compared to the other characters outside Boom.

Like, I wouldn't mind her being in the main series, but I also wouldn't be too torn up if she wasn't in.

Say...

What if we're getting a game based on a future where there's an Evil Sonic that Eggman corrupted to aid in his world conquest?

Oh the many, many fanfics...

50 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

It's bad enough that there's a very real possibility of three playable Sonics in the first place. Having a fourth as an NPC would be just taking the fucking piss.

lol It was more of a gag idea than a legitimately serious one.

(But considering it's Sonic Team, it IS possible, I suppose... We had a Dark Shadow after all via Mephiles...)

...Maybe it's not something I should try jinxing...

5 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Say...

What if we're getting a game based on a future where there's an Evil Sonic that Eggman corrupted to aid in his world conquest?

Oh the many, many fanfics...

With Ken Penders claiming ownership of the most basic, generic ideas including an Evil Sonic... lol

That and there's enough fucking Sonic's running around in this game universe.

Well remember that this is an actual game, not some dumb Archie legal trash. If Sonic Team were doing an evil Sonic, SEGA could stomp Penders like the cockroach he is.

Not that I particularly want an evil Sonic in any capacity, since A. It's a boring cliched story decision, and B. We have the infinitely more-interesting (if only in SA2) Shadow for that same purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they were going to do Evil Sonic, it would probably be just a roboticised/mechanised/badnikised/whateverised Regular Sonic.  You could conceivably pull it as a twist, actually; making you think that your foe is Metal Sonic Version S, but on its final defeat Sonic is released.  There's not much scope for something like that to actually happen in the games, though; at the end of the day, why not just use Metal Sonic himself?  (Actually, per the above comment, one of the concept art designs for Shadow makes me wonder if at one stage in development he was going to be an organic Metal Sonic.)

I want to talk about this video from SEGAbits, it's very interesting. I'm sad that the Buddy theory might be true, I'd rather have BoomSonic or another third Sonic to be honest, but I can see a customizable character being popular among kids and those deviantart users, but I just don't know how could it work, it would be something like Link? Btw I can confirm that post from Larry is a fake, okay he was probably right about Sonic being missing from this timeline, and Knuckles, Amy and the Chaotix being part of a resistance, but the Tails thing deconfirms the whole thing, it was confirmed in another preview that Tails is in the resistance as well, he's not giving up (that wouldn't make sense anyway).

buddy.thumb.png.bceb45e952d15a57539b67f4c7df77de.png

I've seen this Larry post get quite a lot of recognition, but I have to ask... why? Because if Larry posted this after the trailer was originally shown then this just seems like stuff that literally anyone could've made up after seeing the Project 2017 trailer. So who even is Larry and why do people care? 

• Thumbs Up 6

Basically it just seems a theory backed up by friends backed up by friends of friends backed up by fans of all of those friends which then got media recognition.
Pretty much like any theory or rumour.

I think one thing I'd like return for this game is a way of making scenes more epic through music. The only comparison I can really give is the Japan version of the Pokemon anime having character themes on certain parts [most recently with XYZ and Ash-Greninja] then you go to the English dub and those scenes feel more bare and empty. Of course, the levels for that music would have to be on-point, especially remembering cutscenes from the Adventures.

• Thumbs Up 1

Goddammit who let @Indigo Rush into the rumour mill again, haven't people learned from his SA3 hoax.

I know it's not Tracker since making any sort of hoax about Forces isn't worth his time.

Bullshit rumour is bullshit

25 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

buddy.thumb.png.bceb45e952d15a57539b67f4c7df77de.png

I've seen this Larry post get quite a lot of recognition, but I have to ask... why? Because if Larry posted this after the trailer was originally shown then this just seems like stuff that literally anyone could've made up after seeing the Project 2017 trailer. So who even is Larry and why do people care? 

That sounds incredibly stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Well remember that this is an actual game, not some dumb Archie legal trash. If Sonic Team were doing an evil Sonic, SEGA could stomp Penders like the cockroach he is.

Maybe they could, but somehow I get the feeling they'd rather avoid needing to deal with him until he fucks up somehow.

Anyway, Shadow wouldn't work as an evil Sonic anymore (I mean, unless we ignored his development and backstory within SA2 let alone everything that happened afterwards), but uh. Metal Sonic is right there, y'know? Sonic Team doesn't really do much with him despite his popularity, which is absolutely baffling as is, so if they introduced a new "Sonic, Except Evil"...c'mon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually kinda like the idea of a Dark Sonic, since it's not out of place with what we know of the Sonic mythology. Unlike the werewolf, which was just... there.

In Sonic X, Sonic turns into Dark instead of Super because he uses the power of the Chaos Emeralds while angry. Tails sorta explains that in Sonic Adventure, Chaos becomes evil/perfect because he's absorved the negative power of the Emeralds. Sonic then uses the positive power to become Super. But what if he used the negative power too??

I don't believe that rumor because Larry said it, I already said why it's fake, but I believe (maybe) in the character creator thing because there was a rumor like that a couple of years ago, I don't remember well but there was a contest held by SEGA to make your own character, is that right?

Sounds like Xenoverse tbh. Which isn't a bad thing, I really like the Xenoverse games. Making your character, having the other characters teach you moves, picking a mentor, traveling through time/dimensions, each race having unique abilities, etc. But nah, that's too complicated. I'm pretty sure it's just gonna be a new character or another Sonic.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Maybe they could, but somehow I get the feeling they'd rather avoid needing to deal with him until he fucks up somehow.

Anyway, Shadow wouldn't work as an evil Sonic anymore (I mean, unless we ignored his development and backstory within SA2 let alone everything that happened afterwards), but uh. Metal Sonic is right there, y'know? Sonic Team doesn't really do much with him despite his popularity, which is absolutely baffling as is, so if they introduced a new "Sonic, Except Evil"...c'mon.

No, he's a dumb robot now. You can't have cool things. This is new sonic. 

47 minutes ago, Jango said:

I actually kinda like the idea of a Dark Sonic, since it's not out of place with what we know of the Sonic mythology. Unlike the werewolf, which was just... there.

I do

it feels redundant. Because there are characters that exist that have personalities that contrast sonic enough to which if that were to happen , it would largely feel redundant. Like the last time it happened, in sonic x, and in the comic, where it largely felt redundant. 

Also I don't feel , that sonic has ever had anything to merit that personality transformation. Dark sonic outside of " a different sonic from another dimension " is actually insulting to the other characters

8 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Even in """old Sonic""" he barely ever did anything, but okay.

Metal did noting? How about neo metal sonic nearly winning for once and talking.  whew that was badass back in the day. And then metal sonic Kai was it? In chaotic. Bad ending let me burn the entire city to the ground. New metal. Beep boop I do noting but serve as a target practice boss

Eh, for me Metal Sonic's whole deal in Heroes was embarrassing (aside from the basic idea of him wanting to replace Sonic, I wish they had explored that more) and you can't exactly expect the average person to remember Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Jango said:

In Sonic X, Sonic turns into Dark instead of Super because he uses the power of the Chaos Emeralds while angry. Tails sorta explains that in Sonic Adventure, Chaos becomes evil/perfect because he's absorved the negative power of the Emeralds. Sonic then uses the positive power to become Super. But what if he used the negative power too??

The werehog basically is "Dark Sonic". And as maligned as it has been, I'd much rather have that than a generic superpowered dark side like X did.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Not that I particularly want an evil Sonic in any capacity, since A. It's a boring cliched story decision, and B. We have the infinitely more-interesting (if only in SA2) Shadow for that same purpose.

Considering they've lost to Penders in every form possible up to this point I'd say it's certain being a Sonic game doesn't matter whatsoever.

So... Now folks love Shadow? Then what was with that sh@t storm I got for bringing him up?!