Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

To be fair, Runners Adventure has not been formally announced yet.

Also this 25th anniversary thing will be going on well into the 26th anniversary. 

1 hour ago, Bowbowis said:

the post 

Okay fine, maybe there is a genuine reason for them to restrict camera controls after all ? (still bugs me though)

https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/852195552796188672

Also, it looks like the 3rd gameplay style might involve features of classic and modern combined...? Idk what to make of this one.

13 minutes ago, Woun said:

Iizuka: おそらく皆さんが想像されていないであろうキャラクターになります。その第3のキャラクターが物語のキーにもなってきますし、ゲームの大まかな特徴を体現するキャラクターとだけ言っておきます。E3ではプレイアプルで出展する予定でいます。

Third character will be showed on E3.

Hmmm, shame SEGA likely won't have their own livestream of a conference for such. Unless there's info suggesting otherwise.

---> Eggman conquered about 99% of the planet

---> Sonic and a resistance group fighting against him

Its Pre-SGW all over again, (now we need the egg grapes)

also, in development since 2013?, which of the previous games had such a long development time? i don't recall one

• Thumbs Up 1

I recall the last few mainline Sonic games being in development for 2-3 years at a time. 

Lost World was only 2 years after Generations?

Hey, all of those were either playable, or would have been if they didn't have a bullshit motion control scheme that sucks and is completely unresponsive.

"What? Hating Secret Ri- No, I don't hate Secret Rings, what are you talking about? "

"WHO'S GONNA ROCK THE PLACE, pleasekillme  PLACE, godthisthingisfuckingterrible PLACE!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh...Fusion Sonic?

Mind filling us in here? Because I'm picturing a 6 foot-tall hedgehog with four arms and a guest voice that only shows up for one episode

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Uh...Fusion Sonic?

Mind filling us in here? Because I'm picturing a 6 foot-tall hedgehog with four arms and a guest voice that only shows up for one episode

Pretty sure he's just saying that the third gameplay style is going to be a fusion of Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic styles, hence it's "Fusion Sonic" style.

• Thumbs Up 5

Probably a mix between Classic and Modern. Like uh... Modern Sonic in Adventure, maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Screenshot_20170412-181054.thumb.jpg.e52eaa585a484f1e2c9037a28f384018.jpg

Well this explains a lot ?

This is actually really surprising to me since he was the director of Colours and LW (not sure why that bullet point singles out Lost World, but I digress). I figured he'd stick to the Nintendo-exclusives.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Celestia said:

not sure why that bullet point singles out Lost World, but I digress)

I didn't like the phrasing I had originally for that bullet point, and it's the only game he directed. So...yeah. =P

• Thumbs Up 4

Unexpected character, uh? Well, nobody is expecting an existing character like Shadow or Metal Sonic or Silver, so there's that.

4 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I didn't like the phrasing I had originally for that bullet point, and it's the only game he directed. So...yeah. =P

Maybe Wikipedia is misinformed or there's something else going on here, in which case sorry for this tangent, lol.

18 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Uh...Fusion Sonic?

Nuclear Sonic!

Watch it be something like theres a rip in time and out comes a hybrid of classic and modern Sonic.

And we shall call him... Trevor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Celestia said:

But...

0f2da719086c1a85a2be1ae585bc44d5.png

...unless Wikipedia is misinformed or there's something else going on here, in which case sorry for this tangent, lol.

Wait, it says he directed Colors too?

...I blame Twitter. lol

I EVEN LOOKED AT THE PAGE TOO GOD DAMMIT.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

So we're getting the guy who directed Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World back in the director's seat for this one?

Ve9Y3.gif

Except there's a big difference, those games were made in 2 years each, this one has been in development for 5 years, so I would at least give it a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chameleon94 said:

Except there's a big difference, those games were made in 2 years each, this one has been in development for 5 years, so I would at least give it a chance.

Do we know how long Forces has been in development?