Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

Really? Out of all the things that you can complain about it's that? I'm sorry man it sometimes I feel as if you complain just for the sake of complaining. 

I just wanted to point out something asides what everybody else has already been complaining about.

Nothing wrong with being a tad unique.

As I also mentioned, Classic Sonic has a different running animation. Don't like it. Gotta have a blur.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Brand New Sonic Cycle 2017 Edition

cycle.png

The only thing wrong with this is that hopes were never raised in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, JezMM said:

No pre-release footage is ever assured to be representative of the final game.

The environment is bland and empty with poor textures which lack detail, awful lighting, and the stage itself lacks detail with amateurish design. It looks low budget with deliberate sloppy design choices. This seems pretty deliberate and representative of the game. There will probably be some improvements but there's no chance it'll look entirely different. This looks bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Razorsaw said:

and now we've reached the point where the voice working for a third party describing the game is a point against it.

No offense but I think people are trying very hard to cast aspects of this game in the worst light possible.

It looks like it, doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I just wanted to point out something asides what everybody else has already been complaining about.

Nothing wrong with being a tad unique.

As I also mentioned, Classic Sonic has a different running animation. Don't like it. Gotta have a blur.

Same, wish it had the circle and then figure 8/ Mania oval but I can't really expect that when green Hill looks like that.

2 minutes ago, Razorsaw said:

and now we've reached the point where the voice working for a third party describing the game is a point against it.

No offense but I think people are trying very hard to cast aspects of this game in the worst light possible.

You get used to it, things will even out again by E3, I'm so numb to the "sonic is dead" diatribes by now. 

I don't like the look for this either, that level looked naff, but I need more then one fucking level, especially since I liked the look of the modern one 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Hokay I know I'm a weirdo here but I had no issue with how GHZ looked.  Felt fresher than just using the exact same atmosphere as Generations again.  Suggests to me there's gonna be more going on in the stage than we expect, with the sand falls being just a very small part of it.

Having said that, if this is how the game starts off, compared to the Modern Sonic level we saw... that's kind of a weak opener.  They could've used Emerald Hill or something for a similar "hey casual Sonic fans this is the PAST!" confirmation effect without reusing GHZ again.

The sillouhette of the new character is so generic that I too am starting to wonder if the customisable character thing could be for real.

Nothing to confirm that, since the Modern Sonic footage used is identical to what we've seen previously.

No pre-release footage is ever assured to be representative of the final game.

The environment is bland and empty with poor textures which lack detail, awful lighting, and the stage itself lacks detail with amateurish design. It looks low budget with deliberate sloppy design choices. This seems pretty deliberate and representative of the game. There will probably be some improvements but there's no chance it'll look entirely different. This looks bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Soni said:

Oh hey, Nick Robinson some more details.

Silver will be heard in Forces.

Oh wow. Let's see what excuse they have for him to be in the game now. Even they even explain it that is.

That silhouette was so generic looking that I'm now actively hoping that the "create a character" rumor is true.

Still looking forward to the game though.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Blue Warrior said:

What if the new ally is a female character?

What if the new ally is a male character?

Literally makes zero difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

The only thing wrong with this is that hopes were never raised in the first place.

For some. But others are still hopeful.

I'm surprised people are still bringing up the Sonic Cycle in the first place...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Soni said:

Looks like, once again, it will be of no use.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly, I'm willing to give Forces a pass on reusing Green Hill for two reasons:

1) It's an anniversary game, guys. It's kind of expected at this point, even if Mania's doing it, too.

2) They seem to be doing something new with it this time, what with the sandfalls and whatnot. I think Forces is taking standard Sonic Zone tropes and doing new twists on them (For instance, the city has some Classic-esque hills, not to mention the destruction and fire) like Mania's doing with its returning Zones. And as long as this Green Hill has something to make it stand out from the dozens of other iterations, I can't really complain.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Soni said:

See, I find it weird that this is the news I'm dissapointed by.

Now I know how everyone else feels.

Actually, looking at that screenshot, I can see A. a Pyramid in the back left corner, and B. that the big totem there is from Seaside Hill and Ocean Palace, not Green Hill's usual brown/green ones. So yeah, this level is really fucking weird.

Still don't understand the backlash, we've known that it's going to be Generations again since July, and here everyone is surprised that it's Generations again.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

with this one. It's like they're going out of their way to show things that I don't give a fuck about lol. 

So firstly, the director of Colors and Lost World is back, which means I can already tell that I'm likely not to going to give a fuck about the story or anything that happens in it. I know they're trying to push "Sonic's resistance vs. Eggman" angle, but I'm fully expecting for the Sonic's to do 90% of the work while everyone else just does nothing during cutscenes, and for interesting plot points to be dropped as quickly as they come up. All they need to do is announce Pontac and Graff are returning and the seal is complete.

That's actually the thing that makes me the most sad. I keep saying it over and over but this premise is my all-time favorite idea for a Sonic game ever. I've had ideas for Eggman actually taking over the world and Sonic and the others needed to stop him brewing in my head for years and I always imagined how awesome it would be to see the individual Sonic "Heroes" take him on in a manner similar to what Shadow's game tried to do, only a lot less stupid and more focused on the group dynamic and how they all offer contribution within cutscenes and even in gameplay (which can be applied whether the others are playable or not).

But no. The dream is dead. Classic Sonic. Wisps. Bubsy. The others relegated to cheerleaders and declarations of "It looks like a homing shot"...

...I'll never fully let go of Sonic. I'll always be a Sonic fan. I'll always be there to support him... but it's going to be a continued slippery slope towards mild tolerance for his games if this is any indication. Which is sad, because the games are supposed to be the main attraction but I'm honestly getting more out of communicating with the fanbase and the projects they dull out then from SEGA. 

Hell, I may not even have the comics to fall back on anymore. For as much flake as I gave them for not being in tune with my desire for the game aesthetic, seeing the game aesthetic I love being there but completely ignored feels a lot worse. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not a different level other than Green Hill. I am sure we have used that enough times already?

Also, don't worry about the new character, guys. With the character looking like Bubsy, what could possibly go wrong? Ha, see what I did there?

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

Fuck this game. I legit don't care.

But aren't you excited. Don't you remember how AMAZING Sonic Colors was and still IS. It is the game that brought Sonic on the RIGHT track after all. You just need to get with it maaaan.

• Thumbs Up 8

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Oh and yeah I didn't have a problem with Green Hill type levels before but this is overkill

I'd especially say so since now we're getting two of them at the exact same bloody time. Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I shouldn't be feeling this conflicted over an upcoming main series 3D Sonic game in 2017, what is going on??