Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

All it needs is for this new guy to be an edgy Mary-su fancharacter personality and the self-parody is complete

• Thumbs Up 7

Well... it could still not be Green Hill, just a similar-looking mashup... and the graphics could be not finished yet... but um, wow, when Sega gets you actually hoping for an OC maker because the alternative is even worse, there's trouble brewing.

Can't believe how quick the turnaround time was from those Famitsu scans.  What a day.  All that's left now is to find out that Pontaff are on writing...

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Stritix said:

LN3zJ69.png

Top is Generations, bottom is Forces.

"We're not on a budget or anything, but we're on a budget."

They're trying so hard to make Classic Sonic and Green Hill look pin-point on with the original that the style doesn't match the realism shown in the Modern Sonic game play, and I don't see these different styles matching up together at all. It just doesn't fit and it's like putting ice cream on pizza, it's weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

They showed us a Shadow of a Hedgehog...

... has anyone made that joke yet? I'm trying to avoid Green Hill ones...

But honestly though, it's probably just a tutorial stage so I don't think it's that a big deal. Not yet at least.

When it's revealed to be a major stage that lasts a long time.

Then we riot.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Stritix said:

LN3zJ69.png

Sonic Generations looks perfect. Absolutely no one complained about the way this game looked. No fucking clue why they decided to change it.

Just now, Diogenes said:

Colors has its problems but treating it with the same kind of disdain as '06 or RoL is weird man.

I'm not though!!!!

I was mostly poking fun at Blue Blood's attitude and how he turned off he's been about the series since the direction it's taken since Colors. So I was wondering why Soniman was acting like I was saying it was shit. 

I'm sorry if people took it the wrong way, it was a poor attempt at a joke in that case. My baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

Sonic Generations looks perfect. Absolutely no one complained about the way this game looked. No fucking clue why they decided to change it.

We shouldn't be in a situation where we have to ask why they changed the graphics on GREEN HILL in the damn first place 

2 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Something worth noting, the new character's silhouette looks a bit like a certain character from Sonic Triple Trouble. 

https://www.imgur.com/gallery/xi0kc

No, they don't! There's not a single similarity between them!

I'm not though!!!!

I was mostly poking fun at Blue Blood's attitude and how he turned off he's been about the series since the direction it's taken since Colors. So I was wondering why Soniman was acting like I was saying it was shit. 

I'm sorry if people took it the wrong way, it was a poor attempt at a joke in that case. My baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Oh, my bad, then.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

It's running on a different engine, right? Besides, I wouldn't really want a one to one replica of Generations' Green Hill.

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

the overall look and style is the same as Generations minus less detail, which leads me to believe they haven't finished it. Even the checkerboard squares on the scenery are shaped similarly to the Generations shot.

But let's just freak out I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Stritix said:

LN3zJ69.png

It looks like an early beta for Generations.

Just really bad. 

Just now, Sonicfan7 said:

Just really bad. 

it's almost like this game isn't finished or something.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Time travel happened. We already knew that when we first saw Classic Sonic.

Yes I know. I'm talking more about details centered around his character. Time travel happened in Generations too but I don't feel that excused Silver's flimsy reasoning for being a thing. "A fake sent for the Chaos Emeralds" for flimsy motivation to fight Sonic and fighting him in a city that was erased from time just raise more questions.

I meant to put this in the initial post but I decided against it and I literally can't remember the reason why I decided not to so I'll just say it here: I really wish they'd stop fucking around with time travel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just really bad. 

Because it is an early Beta. Or alpha. Probably Alpha.

Yeah definitely an early alpha.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Razorsaw said:

it's almost like this game isn't finished or something.

It can't be too far off if they're choosing to show it off in this state. 

• Thumbs Up 2

FOR THE LOVE OF NIVERNIA SLOW DOWN

I mean, that zone Classic was in, are they implying that fused zones are happening? I mean looking at it again and there's a lot of sand, even a Sand waterfall...

Also why is there a boost pad near a loop? Just asking?

This new character has me concerned though, for one thing, new character. it's not the older ones, and I'm disappointed. Looks pretty meh too.

It's most likely Alpha.

trailers often use earlier builds, and many games change significantly by release even in a time frame of under a year. So yeah.

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I'm not though!!!!

I got it, and it made me chuckle. The game is reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly disappointing to me. It's almost like SEGA looked at all my feedback from recent Sonic games and decided to do the opposite. I can't believe just how little I find myself caring about this game. It's weird.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm beginning to think my theory is right.

After the whole Generations fiasco Eggman caused the present-day world to warp and merge into itself, putting different locations inside of other locations ala Unleashed like cities in Green Hill and now we see Green Hill appearing mixed with that desert zone from S3&K.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

It's most likely Alpha.

Unleashed was shown in a pretty early state too, when the Savannah Cittadel footage leaked, and what we got was not that different to what was shown. 

1 minute ago, Soni said:

Oh hey, Nick Robinson some more details.

Silver will be heard in Forces.

See, I find it weird that this is the news I'm dissapointed by.

Now I know how everyone else feels.