Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Zoroark & Flare said:

Oh my gosh everyone is complaining out a 30 second ad for Christ sake. Take it like this, they have until holiday 2017. You when that is? ANY DAY THAT'S A HOLIDAY! They could have a whole 8 more months for this game's development. 

"But that does not excuse  Rise of Lyric lookin piece of-" 

Stop it now. It is OBVIOUSLY an alpha like@Mayor D said. All that trash that you see is the definition of the word unfinished and you need to stop and think about.

If it's something we're not supposed to think about then why was it released to the public 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Fr0zenanus said:

people here are groaning about GHZ, were probably okay with it in Mania. simply because of classic-era preferences .

especially when GHZ looks busy and is full of overplaced details. 

I remember complaints about GHZ in Mania too.

people here are groaning about GHZ, were probably okay with it in Mania. simply because of classic-era preferences .

especially when GHZ looks busy and is full of overplaced details. 

As far as I remember, everyone groaned about reimagined levels in Mania, it was the last thing anyone wanted from a new classic game

Just now, Razorsaw said:

I remember complaints about GHZ in Mania too.

Nevermind then,

1 minute ago, BlueParadox said:

SEGA already revealed that this game is still in its beta/alpha phase so I think they still have time to improve the game.

Don't bet on any major changes. It'll be largely the same as what we see in trailers, with a few cosmetic adjustments at best. 

Yeah. It all goes back to the ones in charge at the end of the day.

Suffice to say I don't believe anyone who wishes to blame the fans for any of what's happened to the series. The fans only react to what's given to them and it's the job of the ones in charge to wade through the bullshit and see what they can do to please as many people as they reasonably can.

Not please everybody. And not just one side of the fanbase they they divided themselves. As many people as they can, within reason.

That means not overhearing that some people want to see Sonic with a gun and turning one of your games into an un-ironic Independance Day. 

With Lost World they only showed the first world constantly, and really that was all that the game had to offer.

1 minute ago, BlueParadox said:

SEGA already revealed that this game is still in its beta/alpha phase so I think they still have time to improve the game.

But it's been in development since 2013.

Simpler visuals could mean more levels, or bigger ones tough, we don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

If it's something we're not supposed to think about then why was it released to the public 

Because then all the complaints would be "why haven't we got any new footage yet?".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

They probably gave to us so we could stop whining over the smallest of things every 5 posts

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Because the Mania version of Green Hill actually have love, effort, and brand new level design/bosses put into it?

It has nothing to do with classic-era preferences.

Pretty much this. I'm not even a classic fan and Mania's GHZ is something new, fresh and exciting. That is how you properly do nostalgia 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, MorphAndBiscuits said:

When SEGA try new things: "it sucks, go back to the old games."

When SEGA go back to the old games: "it sucks, try new things."

I realize I've been on the other side of the people you're discussing here here, but can we try not to stereotype what certain fans think or believe?

That's never fair. They're entitled to think whatever they want, as much as I may disagree with it.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

Stop it now. It is OBVIOUSLY an alpha like@Mayor D said. All that trash that you see is the definition of the word unfinished and you need to stop and think about.

I said that it's an alpha.

I didn't say that gave it a free pass. 

I also have a number of problems with what I have seen but on mobile so not wanting to type a lot right now.

My main issue is how this isn't Generations 2 yet so far everything bar Bubsy the Hedgehog says it is.

Because this brings up questions as to what exactly is being made.

1 minute ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

I'm sure there's more to that. Like when they try something new it probably wasn't good at all(Sonic Lost World, the werehog, black knight) and when they tried to go back to the old game they didn't do it good(Sonic 4 speaks for itself)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Razorsaw said:

They're entitled to think whatever they want, as much as I may disagree with it.

There's a difference to "thinking whatever you want" and "flip-flopping all the time and giving SEGA mixed messages so they don't even know what you want in the first place".

1 minute ago, Razorsaw said:

I realize I've been on the other side of the people you're discussing here here, but can we try not to stereotype what certain fans think or believe?

That's never fair. They're entitled to think whatever they want, as much as I may disagree with it.

What's this? A calm reasonable person in this debate, or whatever you want to make of this crap? Huzzah!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Because the Mania version of Green Hill actually have love, effort, and brand new level design/bosses put into it?

It has nothing to do with classic-era preferences.

the only "love/effort" i saw in Mania's GHZ, is the new totem poles, and burning bridge. 

otherwise, anything i saw was overplaced details.

2 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

The issue is a lot deeper than this imho.

Going back to the old games is different than just "hey let's put GHZ all over the place 'cause that was the first Sonic level ever"

Classic Sonic in Generations does not even remotely play like the Genesis games. It just looks like that.

Classic Sonic in Forces does not look good at all from a level design standpoint, so far, things might change a lot as soon as new footage surfaces.

Trying new things is different than just throwing things and seeing what sticks. Nobody asked for a brawler in a Sonic game (the Werehog), nobody asked for Swordplay, still we got that. Nobody asked for Big the Cat, we got that. Nobody asked for Mech shooting, don't worry, they got you covered.

It's not trying new things that's inherently bad. It's not knowing what makes your franchise good in the first place that's plain wrong.

the only "love/effort" i saw in Mania's GHZ, is the new totem poles, and burning bridge. 

otherwise, anything i saw was overplaced details.

"Overplaced details" is a new one on me, in terms of complaints I haven't heard before anyway, but okay then. Have fun with that.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

"Dis ain't da Generationz 2. Look. Dis ones gotta cat. Generations didn't have no cat."

"Blaze is a cat."

"We have TWO cats? I thought Big was the only one? Our twitter keeps showing only the one!"

what if it's blaze's long lost brother?

5 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

When SEGA does new things over a long period, people want something more along the good ol' days.

Generations was the shot in the arm and the illness was cured.

Now they keep shoving the same needle with the same treatment in consumers arms when they no longer need nor want the treatment and are ready to move on once more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SSF1991 said:

"Overplaced details" is a new one on me, in terms of complaints I haven't heard before anyway, but okay then. Have fun with that.

It's definitely the first time I've heard 'the graphics are too good' as a complaint.

• Thumbs Up 7