Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, Fr0zenanus said:

otherwise, anything i saw was overplaced details.

You've not seen act 2 then?

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Miki said:

what if it's blaze's long lost brother?

That'd make him relevant to someone other than Sonic. That's not allowed anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

The new character is actually Big the Cat's brother. He lost his friend hamster, called Hammy. He's on a mission to find him and reunite with his brother.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think focusing on how it LOOKS right now is not worth it. That build could be running on a Switch, handheld mode, for all we know. That would justify the lack of detail. Given that a PS4 is roughly 3x more powerful than that.

2 minutes ago, ChikaBoing said:

HQ Footage I found. I dont think it looks worse than Gens, just a different artstyle.

One thing this has on Generations at least is that that the grass actually continues up the loop and isn't just in the foreground, giving way to flat green-ness on the pathway itself.

6 minutes ago, Fr0zenanus said:

the only "love/effort" i saw in Mania's GHZ, is the new totem poles, and burning bridge. 

otherwise, anything i saw was overplaced details.

I respect that. To me, it seems like they didn't want to do the ame things over again so they took a old stage and made it new. I like the underground part

Just now, Sonikko said:

I think focusing on how it LOOKS right now is not worth it. That build could be running on a Switch, handheld mode, for all we know. That would justify the lack of detail. Given that a PS4 is roughly 3x more powerful than that.

Judging by the slight instance we see of Modern Sonic's gameplay, it doesn't really look any different than the trailer we saw before. So I wouldn't count on the Switch's hardware being an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Modern Sonic footage looked the same as before, so I think this is how it will look on all versions

EDIT: Beaten

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

This is a distinct possibilty. Much in the way of lighting and other graphics filters could have been disabled on the Switch in order to achieve a stable framerate.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Kintor said:

This is a distinct possibilty. Much in the way of lighting and other graphics filters could have been disabled on the Switch in order to achieve a stable framerate.

Exactly, let's not forget that the footage was running at 60fps and that the Switch, in Handheld mode, has just 300something mhz of graphic power, so that has to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

That footage of modern Sonic is exactly what we've seen before. That doesn't necessarily mean it's what's running on the Switch hardware; if anything it probably means it ISN'T - unless that's the version they recorded in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Why is it that this comment sounds typical in the most annoying manner possible...?

Because... It really, REALLY is...

Even when assuming it's running on PC of all things the game looks EASILY executable on last-gen hardware. Heck, the PS2/GameCube could probably handle how the "new" Green Hill looks albeit a bit of a stretch perhaps.

So no, the Switch will have NO affect on how the game looks. If it's something the 360/PS3 could handle, it can just fine.

1 minute ago, Razorsaw said:

That footage of modern Sonic is exactly what we've seen before. That doesn't necessarily mean it's what's running on the Switch hardware; if anything it probably means it ISN'T - unless that's the version they recorded in the first place.

The footage is different than what was shown at the panel, check them side by side, different things happens. During the Homing Attack chain Sonic skips the robot on the left, it didn't happen on the previous footage. It's at the very least newly captured footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sonikko said:

Exactly, let's not forget that the footage was running at 60fps and that the Switch, in Handheld mode, has just 300something mhz of graphic power, so that has to do.

Yeah, under the circumstances a compromise on graphics to achieve a stable framerate on the Switch seems the likely decision that Sonic Team had to make. Having a consisten framerate for Sonic's high speed gameplay is essential. At the end of the day the Switch isn't as powerful as other consoles, that's the price of making it portable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Razorsaw said:

It's not the exact same. As someone pointed out before, Sonic skips over a robot in the homing attack chain, while in the other gameplay trailer he hits them all. The only reason they'd change that detail is most likely because it was actually running on the Switch. And from what we've seen, it's almost identical to the other trailer. So logic dictates that the Switch's hardware is not a problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

Even with all the negativity, I still wanna play Sonic Forces so badly. The only thing that would absolutely kill my hype is if Pontac and Graff return for this game.

I think your priorities are skewed if the story/writing in Sonic game is where your placing the majority of your expectations 

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Sonikko said:

The footage is different than what was shown at the panel, check them side by side, different things happens. During the Homing Attack chain Sonic skips the robot on the left, it didn't happen on the previous footage. It's at the very least newly captured footage.

My mistake then. I suppose I wasn't paying enough attention.

Is that Buddy the fucking fan character?

.. sigh. I actually dared to feel a modicum of optimism after the reveal at least showed ambition from a visual standpoint. Between budget Green Hill (which could be alpha, fair enough), the return of underwhelming Classic gameplay and Budsy, I don't know whether to despair or scratch my head.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that it was, but that doesn't really mean the ps4/bone/pc versions will look leaps ahead better. It's definitely easier to build up from the platform with the most limitations, but devs tend to not actually build up if they do start small.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure it's most likely a custom character. Think Xenoverse or something like that. Could be pretty cool tbh.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Kintor said:

Yeah, under the circumstances a compromise on graphics to achieve a stable framerate on the Switch seems the likely decision that Sonic Team had to make. Having a consisten framerate for Sonic's high speed gameplay is essential. At the end of the day the Switch isn't as powerful as other consoles, that's the price of making it portable.

Bruh, what's your deal. Many others have, including myself, have literally gone over the fact that the Switch can handle the game perfectly fine. Do you have some kind of beef with the Switch, or Nintendo in general? Like, you're looking like you need some beef stew over there.

• Thumbs Up 1