Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

27 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Sorry if already posted, but:

CoKi6j9WcAMrXRn.jpg

Not.

Generations.

People probably understand it's not going to be titled generations 2. I think the fear is that it will play just like it with different story and stages.

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

So is a roll and some mid-air charging spindash, though. I mean you're probably right but I think there's room for speculation.

Could be that it's boost gameplay with some new moves.

Yes; I am trying to remember which interview(s) it was described that Sonic Team is essentially wanting to work on a game that is mostly bringing something all new to the series; it may have been the interview that mentioned this, the 2017 project.

This sure seems like it could be it!! 

26 minutes ago, Detective Shadzter said:

Could be that it's boost gameplay with some new moves.

You're more than likely right, but its still strange seeing Classic Sonic "boost" away from the deathlazers at the end.

I'm just under the impression that these are mass-produced Egg Robos that move without a pilot.

Eggman normally only puts his face and imagery on the robots he pilots, with a few exceptions like Egg Pawns.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

All I'm expecting from this being "not Generations 2" is that there's new levels rather than remakes. Sonic moves in about the same way as in Generations' teaser, and revealed classic Sonic in practically the same way. If it's not going to be basically Generations 2 they need to do something to actually prove it, beyond saying "this time it's really serious!"

Most likely outcome for sure. Anything else is pure speculation/conjecture.

6 minutes ago, Scar said:

Most likely outcome for sure. Anything else is pure speculation/conjecture.

Except for Classic Sonic using the Boost, and the possibility of him having 3D gameplay (the curvy road they run on at the end looks very much like a road you would see in a 3D section in a Boost game).

If you accept the logic that seeing Modern Sonic use the Boost, Slide, and Quick Step means he will have those abilities, then the same should apply to Classic Sonic. And we definitely saw him Boost.

There are subtleties to take into account though.  When Sonic is showing off those abilities, the focus is on him doing those things.  When modern Sonic boosts, the focus is again on him, there is nothing happening but Sonic boosting.  When Classic Sonic boosts, he does so second with his own sound effect, and the focus is on the fact that he's catching up to Sonic, rather than the focus being on the fact that he is boosting.  A big deal isn't made of it particularly, which is odd if it's a new thing we should be paying attention to.  Then there's the fact that Sonic's boost-trilogy moves are established already from previous games, so their usage one after another is hard to take anything other than literally.  Classic Sonic boosting would be a brand new ability for him, so the bar of fuel for sensible speculation is just a little bit higher.

This could go either way, but it's worth pointing out.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

Except for Classic Sonic using the Boost, and the possibility of him having 3D gameplay (the curvy road they run on at the end looks very much like a road you would see in a 3D section in a Boost game).

If you accept the logic that seeing Modern Sonic use the Boost, Slide, and Quick Step means he will have those abilities, then the same should apply to Classic Sonic. And we definitely saw him Boost.

I will give you that he is likely to have a boost however him running on a road means absolutely nothing. They aren't going to switch to a side view for every scene he is in for a trailer. 

Just now, Sam Sanderson Sandleberger said:

I will give you that he is likely to have a boost however him running on a road means absoulutely nothing. They aren't going to switch to a side view for every scene he is in for a trailer.

Everything is all speculation at this point, even the moveset stuff.

However...

cityescape_generations3.jpg

acd1972371bfcc0660d4f8faffbb76de.png

It definitely looks distinctly like the kind of windy roads that are synonymous with the Boost games.

And for the record, when Classic Sonic showed up in the Generations teaser trailer, he was running on a completely straight road.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering it's an FMV trailer the set was probably made for the video and nothing more, and the only design considerations were what would look good in terms of framing each shot.

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

How does everyone feel about the name, "Sonic Resistance"?

I'm already trying so hard not to call it that, lol.

That should make my stance on it clear. The story seems to be setting up for an epic struggle, so that could be a really cool name to go with it.

5 minutes ago, ChikoLad said:

And for the record, when Classic Sonic showed up in the Generations teaser trailer, he was running on a completely straight road.

A winding road vs a straight road really makes no difference.

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I think it sounds dull as dirt, tbh.

• Thumbs Up 5

11 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I swear when I saw that I immediately thought Sonic Underground or SatAM, both shows of which Eggman/Robotnik had the world conquered.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I've already seen like 3 people call it that.

Cool name, but I'm sticking with Project Sonic 2017 until we get an official title.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I'm doing my best to 'resist' thinking about it

• Thumbs Up 6

I think Sonic Revolution invokes the same idea but also just sounds cooler 

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I think Sonic Revolution invokes the same idea but also just sounds cooler 

Also, it'll tie into the convention XD The Americans do like having conventions named after games (I know we got Boom after it but still)

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

Personally I'm more of a fan to the title "Sonic the Hedgehog: The Resistance Fighters"...it's got a better ring to it and it sounds just as dumb.

• Thumbs Up 1

We in the 1 million view club, bois! And it jumped up to it from around 994,000 within the last hour too!

b92c2662700dcc85265a1c6e16d8990e.png

• Thumbs Up 9