Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

But if there is a character creator, I really hope you can choose more that one body type. And I don't mean the type that is just 3 body types which I can already guess will be Slender, Average and slighty bigger that average. I want to make big the cat goddamn it. Or Storm the Albatross. Big the Stormy Albatross I don't care I just want true variation.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

There is absolutely no way Sonic Team could ever make a character creator complex enough to fulfill my fantasy OC who has abnormally large knees that can inflate at will.

I wish I didn't just read this

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

To be honest I'd still rather play as Shadow or Tails or any established character that I already like than as a generic protagonist character with a bland personality to not infringe on the "IT'S YOU!" appeal, who may have dialogue options but probably not.

Just, character creation makes so much more sense in multiplayer games or super long games.  I dunno they're gonna have to really impress me with something clever regarding the point of the insert character to justify it.

I'd much rather just play as Shadow too but I've pretty much given up on that ever happening.

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

To be honest I'd still rather play as Shadow or Tails or any established character that I already like than as a generic protagonist character with a bland personality to not infringe on the "IT'S YOU!" appeal, who may have dialogue options but probably not.

Just, character creation makes so much more sense in multiplayer games or super long games.  I dunno they're gonna have to really impress me with something clever regarding the point of the insert character to justify it.

Basically, the same for me as well. I just don't know how they'll play in the story, which according to Famitsu, they'll play a big role. I don't know, the idea just doesn't feel right to me, at least in a Sonic game that is. Then that begs the question. Does your character speak? What's their personality? Are you in control of everything that happens? Like, it's just too elaborate and complex and that's something that I feel Sonic Team isn't the best with making something like that.

3 minutes ago, Joellui said:

GUYS! 

I Just had an epiphany what if GHZ has all that sand because maybe, just maybe, Eggman used it's resources and that's why there's a bunch of sand and dirt and no water and that's why the zone looks so pale. 

Or maybe, the zone really just looks like trash. 

So Green Hill Zone is going through desertification? Sandopolis, basically?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I feel like that "They play a big role!" it's an exagerattion. As in yeah you stop Eggman and get to be part of the Sonic Forces™ but you don't really talk or do that much really. Think of any create a character game with no dialogue for you character, like South Park the Stick of Truth or something like that. You play a big role yes but really it's the other characters that get the story going and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I'm surprised. We've managed to keep a nice and reasonable discussion for about one page. Now that's using...

THE REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK

And now, I'm off to play Heroes again.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

So Green Hill Zone is going through desertification? Sandopolis, basically?

Listen. I rather have that as the excuse as to why Green Hill looks like that than, the assumptions people have come up.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, JezMM said:

At the very least, we know something more is going on around the loop as there are items and a red ring on top of it, so yeah.

Lost World did that as well. Never resulted in anything more than a couple blocks leading up to it, being locked behind a wisp, or a spring launching you towards it most of the time, and given nothing else being visible during the footage, I have no reason to expect anything but that for this as well, tbh.

I mean just going by the constants you can judge level design fairly accurately, all things considered. Lost World didn't get much more than 10 seconds of footage at first, yet most could tell it'd be nothing but flat ground for the most part. Shattered Crystal gave a trailer, and immediately you could tell the blocks made up the level design entirely with little to no variation. And similarly, from the first footage of generations, you could tell that Classic Sonic terrain would be dynamic, bumpy, and twisty, and Unleashed specialized in long hallways.

There, more likely than not, isn't going to be some crazy dynamic and terrain-filled area of the level design for Forces just waiting to be discovered around the corner, and certainly not the full game given the level this is representing. This is how the level design will look for the most part. It can get more complex with its own nuances just like Lost World did, sure, but nothing actually different from this.

And at that point... what even is the point of classic Sonic???

Now that his dynamic physics appeal is basically stripped down to nothing, is he just a slower Sonic? What's the point of that? Why not just make modern Sonic slower for some stages? And why does it have to be 2D then?????

Despite possible complications that a Character Creator would bring, it seems like the most probable thing occur, especially since SEGA aren't using any established character for the role. If it was an original character, it would need to have something that no other character has (including Shadow, which is the most powerful, well-known character you can get without being overpowered).

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

Now that his dynamic physics appeal is basically stripped down to nothing, is he just a slower Sonic? What's the point of that? Why not just make modern Sonic slower for some stages? And why does it have to be 2D then?????

His limitedness is his appeal...obviously.

Or maybe something's missing?

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

According to what PushDustin said about the Famitsu leak , they're doing something new with him. Take that as you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

According to what PushDustin said about the Famitsu leak , they're doing something new with him. Take that as you will.

... So basically, another gimmick...

Sonic Team: "Alright Taxman, we brought you on to make a new Classic Sonic game, since you have such a passion for Sonic, and understand the core of the franchise far better than we do, clearly!

Now, uh, go and make that game, and have fun, I guess! We're, uh... Gonna do our own thing now... Heh...

we'll prove them wrong this time guys, I just know it..."

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, The Deleter said:

Sonic Team: "Alright Taxman, we brought you on to make a new Classic Sonic game, since you have such a passion for Sonic, and understand the core of the franchise far better than we do, clearly!

Now, uh, go and make that game, and have fun, I guess! We're, uh... Gonna do our own thing now... Heh...

I was hoping for Boost so we could get some Sonic Rush action, but unfortunately, that seems unlikely now.

I have to say that I love how everyone is upset with the whole third character thing now. 

I already got that out of my system when people were defending it early in the topic. :P

Now to see how important this new character might be before I write on it more.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's not yet to hate on...besides the potential blandness of its design. The Character may be the best thing ever, like all other characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just saying. I'm kinda laughing at the irony here...

I was upset while everyone else is chill; now I'm chill while everyone else is upset.

At any rate, that just tells me that this writing better be damn well decent for this character to dodge a bullet because they're already on thin ice with this right now. No telling what will shift things back to enthusiasm.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic had a canon? News to me.

Here I thought, the stories were just fun action goodness.

There's the occasional continuation of some plot line...but that stopped ever since the soft reboot, starting with Sonic Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Because the Mania version of Green Hill actually have love, effort, and brand new level design/bosses put into it?

It has nothing to do with classic-era preferences.

I know this is an old post but this makes no sense, like we've seen 10 seconds of this entire zone in comparison to the amounts of footage that we've seen of green hill in mania. Like I get that hype for the game isn't at its highest right now but I'm pretty sure if we had only that one snippet of green hill that we got back at the beginning you guys would be saying the same thing about mania. I won't say the current footage looks all that great (cause it really doesn't) but this feels like a wait and see situation since we've seen almost nothing indicating how the overall level for the zone will be outside of it most likely having some very skeptical dash pad placement.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

Sonic Mania's development started when this game had already been in development for two years.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Celestia said:

At first I thought the backgrounds in The Zone That Shall Not Be Named were straight up missing but it's like...sand???

Who was it that was suggesting zones might be merged together or something because that's starting to look more likely. People may have talked about this already, but there's no way I'm gonna go through every page you people created while I was gone

That would be moi lol.

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

C9QpqaFXUAElnbm.jpg

I'm livid

Hey Indigo?

No matter what sexuality you are, it cool if I kiss you?

Yeah? No?

Either way, you've been kissed by this dude. I almost pee'd. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

That would be moi lol.

I believe it was me actually...