Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Okay, so from what I've gathered so far, these are the key things people are disappointed by from the Nintendo Direct footage:

• Green Hill Zone strikes back
  • Classic Sonic level design seeming simplistic (fears of bad physics as a result of this)
  • Potential of the 3rd character being "Buddy the DIY OC"

If there's anything else, let me know.

I can see the whole Green Hill thing being a one-off issue for the game; maybe that's the only returning stage and from there on out it's all new pastures. 

• Thumbs Up 5

12 minutes ago, MorphAndBiscuits said:

Aaron Webber has put more care, attention and enthusiasm into bettering Sonic's image and improving relations with the fans singlehandedly than anything SEGA have done for a good number of years. He's the best thing to happen to the franchise in a long while. People who would otherwise have no interest in Sonic have picked up the series thanks to his Twitter exploits and general good nature.

I take it you have never seen Sonic Channel right? Least those guys appreciate the fans. Have fanart contests, say nice things about them, etc. I've never seen Webber show that amount of care to the fans. Unless you know, it's for memes or something like that. Also don't see what's so good about your second point. Yeah theres a lot of people that follow the Sonic twitter. but they're not exactly interesed in Sonic. Just memes in general. There's some people that even believe its some sort of parody account or even hate account. Jeez. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see the physics changing much from Generations, if they actually get worse...that'll be negative. The more likely thing is that they'll stay the same or get slightly better (as Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode: 2) but it still won't really matter.

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

I don't see the physics changing much from Generations, if they actually get worse...that'll be negative. The more likely thing is that they'll stay the same or get slightly better (as Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode: 2) but it still won't really matter.

What's weird though is that Sonic Generations 3DS actually had somewhat better physics than the console versions.

2 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Calling it now, the twist on Classic Sonic gameplay is he unlocks the boost.

Or possibly the Homing Attack, if the ending of Sonic Generations is any indication. That's the twist; Sonic Forces marks the point when Classic Sonic becomes Adventure Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Or possibly the Homing Attack, if the ending of Sonic Generations is any indication. That's the twist; Sonic Forces marks the point when Classic Sonic becomes Adventure Sonic.

I thought the ending was he did a little boost, not the homing attack. Although you can unlock the homing attack skill.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I never see him post anything about characters that are not Sonic, Eggman, Knuckles and sometimes Tails and Big

And Chaos:

Spoiler

And Shadow, the Chaotix, Amy, and Eggman:

Spoiler

And Blaze, Amy again, Wave, and Cream:

Spoiler

Heck, even Nack the Weasel:

Spoiler

And that's just in the last 2 weeks. You can say many things about Mr. Webber, but he clearly cares about this franchise, and the characters in it.

Edit: Right, I forgot what topic this was. So, I actually think that a character creator could potentially work. I'd take it over that super generic-looking silhouette.

• Thumbs Up 7

Whoa, I don't visit the forum for nearly a full 24 hours and come back to find an absolute madhouse.

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif.40115a3b82e58bf8900f989216eef17e.gif

In the interest of preventing my head from being bitten off by those that were disappointed with what was shown off today I'll only say this: that main theme still rocks as I'm sure the rest of the soundtrack will.

But wow I haven't seen the community full of dissension like this since the days I lurked on Sonic forums back when Sonic 4 was shown off. It's nice to know that the one thing that will continue to unite Sonic fans for years to come is a common disappointment in reveal footage of new Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, CleverSonicUsername said:

I thought the ending was he did a little boost, not the homing attack. Although you can unlock the homing attack skill.

Hmm... you might be right about that. I just assumed that since Classic Sonic was in the air he was trying to perform a Homing Attack. No way to know for sure.

1 minute ago, Maxtiis said:

It's nice to know that the one thing that will continue to unite Sonic fans for years to come is a common disappointment in reveal footage of new Sonic games.

I dunno man, Mania's been getting universal praise from both critics and Sonic fans :V

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Maxtiis said:

...one thing that will continue to unite Sonic fans for years to come is a common disappointment in reveal footage of new Sonic games.

Disappointment is also the one thing that saves this fan base from the dreaded disease of...Excitement.

1 minute ago, Kintor said:

Hmm... you might be right about that. I just assumed that since Classic Sonic was in the air he was trying to perform a Homing Attack. No way to know for sure.

He was doing the pose Sonic usually does for Air Boosting...

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

And Shadow, the Chaotix, Amy, and Eggman:

Wait HOLD ON, bottom left corner.

That's the new character. I did it, I blew the lid off this mystery. You thought your Twitter games were so clever, Webber, but I am the number one most clever boy!

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Ayliffe said:

I dunno man, Mania's been getting universal praise from both critics and Sonic fans :V

Maybe I should add an addendum saying "Games made by Sonic Team" at the end there.

36 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Okay, so from what I've gathered so far, these are the things people are dissapointed by from the Nintendo Direct footage:

• Green Hill Zone strikes back
  • Classic Sonic level design seeming simplistic (fears of bad physics as a result of this)
  • Potential of the 3rd character being "Buddy the DIY OC"

If there's anything else, let me know.

I can see the whole Green Hill thing being a one-off issue for the game; maybe that's the only returning stage and from there on out it's all new pastures. 

Pretty much all of this. Some of my other concerns include that it looks and plays too similar to Generations and that Pontac and Graffiti might return to make the story another dud. 8(

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw it the first time and shortly felt a bit angry, now I'm just eh.

GHZ is back looking worse than in Generations and more like a grounded Windy Hill (then again, that was just a floating GHZ so whatever :U ), and from the little bit of footage seen, looks bad. At the speed that Sonic was approaching the boost before the loop, he would've easily went through, giving me the impression that Sonic Team/SEGA doesn't have faith in the player to get around the loop - if so, then why the hell would you even put it there to begin with?? For a mini-spectacle? I know they did this in previous games already but it just continues to confuse me, like, why not just put a flat path there at this point or whatever.

The 3rd character funnily enough doesn't even bother me as much as the 2-3 seconds of Classic in Green Hill, probably because of him/her being just a silhouette that looks like Bubsy and not much else to go off of - probably will care more when gameplay of the 3rd is revealed.

Despite all that, I'm still sort of looking forward to Forces.

25 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Disappointment is also the one thing that saves this fan base from the dreaded disease of...Excitement.

He was doing the pose Sonic usually does for Air Boosting...

Another thing that proves it was boost, modern uses boost to grab an emerald earlier in a cutscene, and classic is shocked and wants to do it himself.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

There'll be a transformation sequence where his eyes turn green and he utters his first words while trying to hold back his vomit:

"aww yeah, th- this is h-happenin'...!"

If an instrumental version of 'It Doesn't Matter' plays in the background during the cutscence then you've got yourself a deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

There'll be a transformation sequence where his eyes turn green and he utters his first words while trying to hold back his vomit:

"aww yeah, th- this is h-happenin'...!"

If presented that way, it'll cease to look like a natural evolution and start to look like corruption

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

If presented that way, it'll cease to look like a natural evolution and start to look like corruption

Sonic is a sentient hedgehog with blue fur that can travel at supersonic speed. Charles Darwin need not apply. :P

Just sit back with your Dreamcast and those sweet 128-bit graphics as you blast through Emerald Coast.

Just play it like a Doctor Who regeneration! The time travel stuff is already in the series. 

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:
 I didn't know bits could sweat.

That's probably why the image of Big in your avatar is glitching out. Make sure your Dreamcast isn't overheating, those character proportions are all wonky.

1 hour ago, Kintor said:

You could already unlock the Homing Attack for Classic Sonic in Generations.