Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

26 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Character creators are not an innate selling point.  They can just as easily be used to mock and devalue a game.  This depends both on the quality of the character creator and the quality of the game overall; if the game is poor, or neutral but published in poor circumstances, a character creator has as much likelihood of losing the game sales as it does to gain them.  Streamers and YouTubers will turn the game into a laughing stock - and very few people will spend, what, thirty, forty dollars on a joke purchase inspired by a derogatory stream.

You worry too much; I expect that many people on YouTube and Twitch will use the character creator to produce some truly bizarre imagery, some absurd and some that are simply grotesque. But it's all part of the fun, it helps to show off the versatility of the character creation system and increase overall sales. This is true of everything from Mass Effect to Dragon Ball. Let people have with the character creator, even if they don't take process seriously, it's all part of the game.

I think everyone's going to look very silly when there's no character creator. This bit of speculation has really gotten carried away.

• Thumbs Up 5

A character creator alone wouldn't diminish a game's quality. If a popular streamers and youtubers spread word and cause the game to become a joke, that's because the game was just bad. A character creator can only be bashed for being too limiting...

2 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I think everyone's going to look very silly when there's no character creator. This bit of speculation has really gotten carried away.

Whether or not there'll be one doesn't really matter at the moment.

My main problem with the new classic gameplay is less that GHZ is back again (as soon as classic sonic popped up in that reveal trailer I pretty much expected it) and more that it absolutely looks ugly as sin here. I don't mind GHZ being reused when the level design and aesthetics are solid in the new iteration, but here the level design is very much "hold right to win" with hardly any room to explore and the aesthetics are a technical downgrade from Generation's GHZ so... yeah, not great innit.

Heck, I'm looking back at the GHZ from the LEGO Dimensions Sonic content last year and even that had better visuals and more branching paths than this new footage. Honestly when the developers of Sonic fucking R can do a better Green Hill Zone than the studio with their one main output (Sonic) literally in their name, you know there's a problem somewhere.

As for the character creator... meh. I'll just end up making a third Sonic with it anyways :V

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic R isn't really relevant in determining the quality of TT's games...because 1: it's old and 2: it's a racing game.

Sonic being 1/2 of Sonic Team's name doesn't mean anything either really. They've been not consistent for a long time now.

C9W4H-GVwAAp0Dm.jpg

This image gives me hope that the 3D sections won't be as linear as we think.

Screenshot_20170414-115703.thumb.png.68b05e2bf4bd5a5765b9f28afc899383.png

Also, I find it funny that Google are still using that fan-made image.

The one with two modern Sonics ?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

To take a step back a page or two, isn't the point of a character creator that your character is the main character? 

I still am skeptical about this CaC theory, but Takashi Iizuka did say that the new character embodies the overall feature of the game (according to the Famitsu interview translator).

10 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

C9W4H-GVwAAp0Dm.jpg

This image gives me hope that the 3D sections won't be as linear as we think.

Ah, to be an ant in a hallway of the Sonic series...

third gameplay style confirmed

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't have the time to read pages upon pages of this, but where did the idea that this is going to have a character creator come from? I saw one post pointing to what I think was a youtube comment by some rando, and that's it. If that's really all the support that idea has, maybe it's not such a great idea to run wild with it.

Spoiler

Because we all know it's Bubsy, you fools.

2 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I don't have the time to read pages upon pages of this, but where did the idea that this is going to have a character creator come from? I saw one post pointing to what I think was a youtube comment by some rando, and that's it. If that's really all the support that idea has, maybe it's not such a great idea to run wild with it.

Reveal hidden contents

Because we all know it's Bubsy, you fools.

A rumor predicting the third gameplay style before it was known, the "join the resistance" line, Aaron mentioning Sonic Ocs several times in stream's now, even asking one of the Sonic Team employees whether he had one or not, the bland outline of the character, etc...

12 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

I don't know if you meant to empty quote me? There's a quote box under my quote with nothing in it.

Edit: Maybe it's something to do with the work computer I'm on screwing with things, we're stuck using IE and it's possible it's just screwing your post up on my end.

8 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

buddy.thumb.png.bceb45e952d15a57539b67f4c7df77de.png.6d9e4fc728cb86fe3313318fdc66a4bf.png

It all started with a post on a Sonic Stadium article by a person called Larry.

At first everyone laughed and wrote it off, but as time went on a lot of us started to genuinely consider it as a possibility.

Life comes at you fast, amigos.

I mean that seems uncanny and kind of close, but also just off enough that it could be totally coincidental. Far be it from me to tell other people to not get carried away, though. I could improve on that myself.

I appreciate the answers, you all bring up good points.

Spoiler

It's totally Bubsy, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I don't know if you meant to empty quote me? There's a quote box under my quote with nothing in it.

I mean that seems uncanny and kind of close, but also just off enough that it could be totally coincidental. Far be it from me to tell other people to not get carried away, though. I could improve on that myself.

Really? Shows up on my end...

"A rumor predicting the third gameplay style before it was known, the "join the resistance" line, Aaron mentioning Sonic Ocs several times in stream's now, even asking one of the Sonic Team employees whether he had one or not, the bland outline of the character, etc..."

Also, this may have just sinched it for me: SEGA has mentioned Amy, Knuckles, the Chaotix, and Silver as returning side characters... But no mention of Tails whatsoever...

Oh dear...

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

But no mention of Tails whatsoever...

Oh dear...

Tails was confirmed to be a NPC also, I can't remember where however.

5 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Also, this may have just sinched it for me: SEGA has mentioned Amy, Knuckles, the Chaotix, and Silver as returning side characters... But no mention of Tails whatsoever...

Oh dear...

I swear I remember someone pointing out that other sites mentioned Tails. Pretty sure it was just one in particular that mentioned other characters but not him.

3 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Oh dear...

SEGA didn't mention any of those, gaming media have mentioned them as characters they've noticed in private demo footage.  IGN has since mentioned Tails as appearing in the same context as Amy et al., so there's no reason to think he's either out of the picture or has any special status in this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of the new Japanese website, the Steam/PC logo is missing, is it not coming out on Steam over there?

It's missing on all the trailers on the jp Youtube channel too.

4 minutes ago, FFWF said:

SEGA didn't mention any of those, gaming media have mentioned them as characters they've noticed in private demo footage.  IGN has since mentioned Tails as appearing in the same context as Amy et al., so there's no reason to think he's either out of the picture or has any special status in this game.

Well, if the demo they showed to media outlets was the same one that we saw, then Sonic "did" return.  

(again not saying this rumor is true btw :V)

15 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Speaking of the new Japanese website, the Steam/PC logo is missing, is it not coming out on Steam over there?

It's missing on all the trailers on the jp Youtube channel too.

Japan's main gaming device is the PS4.

I'm surprised it will get released on Xbox One, considering it's really unpopular there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Screenshot_20170414-134032.thumb.jpg.fe761a8882d79096f95abe47def61340.jpg

wSt3H4o.jpg

m0ZGpIE.jpg

Particle effects have been a pretty big thing so far in this console generation, so it's nice to see Sonic Team's spin on things.

• Thumbs Up 6