Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

6 hours ago, Woun said:

Background movie from official site:

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicForces/

Interesting, anyone else notice this appears to take place at a later time than the Modern Sonic gameplay we've seen?

The modern gameplay looks to be set towards the start of sunset, when the sun is still fairly high up in the sky. The background footage has the sun much lower, putting it right in the middle of the golden hour.

• Thumbs Up 5

26 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

C9YDO3XWAAIlAah.jpg

Forces is looking pretty swell huh

Is that robot doing... a dab?

Side note, I really hope these robots do more than just stand around in the background. I was expecting it to be Sonic 3&K's mini-boss fights meets Shadow of the Colossus.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MudHunter said:

I still am skeptical about this CaC theory, but Takashi Iizuka did say that the new character embodies the overall feature of the game (according to the Famitsu interview translator).

Iizuka says a lot of shit though that ends up being either taken out of context, or grossly exaggerated. I honestly don't take his word too seriously lately so idk

1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

C9YDO3XWAAIlAah.jpg

Forces is looking pretty swell huh

*cringe* least it gives it life and personality if it actually is dabbing

3 hours ago, Kintor said:

You worry too much; I expect that many people on YouTube and Twitch will use the character creator to produce some truly bizarre imagery, some absurd and some that are simply grotesque. But it's all part of the fun, it helps to show off the versatility of the character creation system and increase overall sales. This is true of everything from Mass Effect to Dragon Ball. Let people have with the character creator, even if they don't take process seriously, it's all part of the game.

Again, you seem confident despite your lack of specific evidence up support your claims and expectancies. It also goes in expecting the character creator will be as versatile as games like fucking Mass Effect and Skyrim, which...I don't see being the case at all given the franchise we're dealing with. Plus, not like popular YouTubers making ugly characters intentionally legit makes people want to impulse buy a game they had no interest in simply to mess around with its character creation. I could play any number of online games made by fans or low budget/free app games if I wanted character creation or sonic character creation. There's no numbers to back up the claim that this will result in sales good enough to justify its supposed need to be there.

8 minutes ago, Miki said:

/this game is beautiful in visuals!

Go back a couple of pages and you'd find some people that don't exactly agree ?

• Thumbs Up 5

So the visuals in Modern Sonic's stage (and that video a few pages back) look really good. But the visuals in Classic Sonic's stage look kinda like Generations a bit... If this is how it's gonna look on the Hedgehog Engine 2, then I'm probably disappointed with the visuals in Classic's stage than modern. Here's hoping those get fixed.

Pointing to the video now, those robots are quite slow, and lmao those bullets against them do nothing. 

/this game is beautiful in visuals!

Go back a couple of pages and you'd find some people that don't exactly agree ?

Actually, 110% here agree that only the Green Eww Zone looks shit. The Not-Rooftop-Burning looks oustanding.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

That's what's so weird about it. The Modern level looks fantastic. Sure, I have a few quibbles with the art style, but for the most part it looks like the best of Unleashed, Black Knight, and Shadow rolled into one. The Classic level on the other hand looks they took Generations, stripped away its best qualities, and then mashed it together with the worst aspects of Sonic 4 and Lost World. It's frickin bizarre.

It's all part of Mr. Iizuka's secret agenda. In time, he will make EVERYTHING related to Sonic in present AND past look so horrible fans will want nothing to do with either form of Sonic anymore.

Once he has completely destroyed everything that is Sonic, at long last SEGA will free him to work on his precious NiGHTS series.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

Interesting, anyone else notice this appears to take place at a later time than the Modern Sonic gameplay we've seen?

The modern gameplay looks to be set towards the start of sunset, when the sun is still fairly high up in the sky. The background footage has the sun much lower, putting it right in the middle of the golden hour.

We've seen this place before. It's at 0:09 in the gameplay footage. You can even see the same broken rafter if the top-right in the video. :)

11 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's all part of Mr. Iizuka's secret agenda. In time, he will make EVERYTHING related to Sonic in present AND past look so horrible fans will want nothing to do with either form of Sonic anymore.

Once he has completely destroyed everything that is Sonic, at long last SEGA will free him to work on his precious NiGHTS series.

Erm... Did you miss the part where I was praising the way the Modern level looks? Seriously, I don't think I've seen a Sonic level with presentation that good since Great Megalith.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't NiGHTS more Yuji Naka's thing?

Just now, Prisima said:

We've seen this place before. It's at 0:09 in the gameplay footage. You can even see the same broken rafter if the top-right in the video. :)

I know we've seen the location before. It's the time of day that's new.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Yeah here's a direct comparison:

GQDrp9U.jpg

9xJ4Eqn.jpg

This could mean two things, either this footage takes place at a later time

OR (and I think people who are disappointed by the visuals will like this one)

This footage might be from a more recent build which means the lighting is improved and the visuals have been enhanced since the original gameplay reveal.

The original footage video had very low contrast, I think that's the only difference, and that may depend on how they captured the footage in the first place.

The footage that's used in Nintendo Directs is always horribly compressed, so maybe this is a case of "lost in translation." And I wouldn't be surprised if what we saw was of an earlier build; I recall Nintendo showing early gameplay footage in their directs before, and something about the lighting in comparison to that gorgeous Modern Sonic footage we saw seems different. But we won't know for certain until we can either get the game in our own hands, see more recent footage from demos at events, or Sega uploads a new trailer with more footage of Classic Sonic gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

The original footage video had very low contrast, I think that's the only difference, and that may depend on how they captured the footage in the first place.

It's hard to tell from those two images, but it looks to me that the angle of the shadows is different.

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

It's hard to tell from those two images, but it looks to me that the angle of the shadows is different.

Y1bL48V.png peK7tfz.png

Doesn't look like it!

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Sonikko said:

Y1bL48V.png peK7tfz.png

Doesn't look like it!

To be honest I really hope what we got in the Modern Gameplay is early footage and the final is the with the more oragne contrast.  It looks a lot more like the world is in peril.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the website video has just been colour corrected to serve as a background better by "orange-ifying" all the colours.  The sky texture is identical, compare the clouds around the sun's glow spot.

And personally I prefer the original footage.  The more orangey-sunset is really generic and less interesting.  I far prefer the contrasts of orange down on the ground and light blues/greys/purple in the sky in the gameplay footage.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really think that the low contrast we got in the first trailer was due to how the footage was captured. Sometimes it happens with capture cards and stuff like that. Anyway, if you play on PC and you prefer more contrast, you can always use ReShade!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BubbleButt TV said:

This footage might be from a more recent build of the game which means the lighting has been improved and the visuals have been enhanced since the original gameplay reveal.

I really hope this isn't the case, I really like the colours in the gameplay trailer while this orange effect is really ugly imho (and looking at it too much gives me an headache)