Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Character creators aren't really much for lasting discussion though...they're neat, but the only things you can really speculate is how fleshed out it'll be.

Since there's no way to know that, it isn't really worth it.

11 minutes ago, Kintor said:

I beleive that Sonic Team always deserve the common courtesy of a respective tone. The factors that gave rise to Lost World and Sonic Boom no longer exist. The WiiU was a failure and Sega is moving away from ill-advised Nintendo exclusives. While most of the staff at Sega of America responsible for Sonic Boom's creation (inlcuding all of Big Red Button) are no longer employed at the company. the prospects for Sonic Forces are looking much brighter, as is apparent from the gameplay trailers and interviews that Sega has already provided.

"Be a mindless fan that appreciates everything they do and give them the benefit of the doubt." That about right? should we do this with all companies while we're at it?

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

okay

a character creator is a dumb idea

I know you're being sarcastic but it's still good you're willing to consider a new line of discussion. Which leads me to a questions, do you have a good reason for disliking the idea of a character creator?

There wasn't even that much new information yesterday, so there's not really much to discuss before the thread starts going in circles(and it has a bunch of times in the past two days alone.)

Maybe time to let it sit for  awhile.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Azoo said:

You're a headache.

All I said was that a character creator wouldn't harm the repuation of the Sonic fanbase. Quite the opposite in fact, a character creator might even bring in a few new faces around here. Imagine that, some people might even use images of the the characters they created in Sonic Forces as forum avatars.

27 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

As somebody who's never played Generations(Eventually) how were classic sonic's stages? I know it's physics and what not aren't like the Genesis games-that's a given they knew they can't do it that it's why Mania exists. 

Really bland. Without proper physics, and without any kind of interesting mechanics to replace them, you just end up spindash spamming through the more direct, speed-focused parts and doing awkward platforming. There's no joy in the way he moves; if we couldn't get the fluidity of a proper classic Sonic game, they should've at least aimed for the tightness of a more traditional platformer like Mario, but in doing neither we end up with a character who just feels clumsy and with nothing interesting to offer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Team deserves all the criticism it gets.

They are still doing things that nobody wants them to do anymore. 

They are hearing the people who give easy money, but don't care about improvement to get even more money.

I still think the game will be good, but I won't be surprised if it is ignored and recieve a lot of mediocre reviews. While Mania will be loved and sell like hot cakes,  Sonic Team will look at Mania being praised in the distance.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Azoo said:

The timestamp was July 23, 2016. Two days before Project Sonic 2017 was announced. The actual post said "join the resistance", the slogan for the game.

You'll all see in time that it's true. Mark my words.

....So it really was before? 

frick

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Kintor said:

All I said was that a character creator wouldn't harm the repuation of the Sonic fanbase. Quite the opposite in fact, a character creator might even bring in a few new faces around here. Imagine that, some people might even use images of the the characters they created in Sonic Forces as forum avatars.

And I (as well as various others) given an entire book of reasons as to why it's a bad idea, although you'll respond that it's really not a big deal and brush it off, thus rendering any sort of argument against your logic as futile.

I think it's best that we drop this. Let other people talk about other things in here for now. We'll return to this when we see the world burn react to what's going to unfold this E3.

BTW everyone in here, if we don't drop it now, I will lock the topic for a temporary amount of time so that everyone (including me) can move on, because right now the posts are getting a bit too quick and spammy. Capiche? 

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

It's a flawed solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist, and it won't do any favors for two reasons.

Not everything in a Sonic needs to be a solution in search of a problem. A character is a fun idea to include and a good way to get extra attention. The whole fan character thing as always been a part of the Sonic fanbase and I'm suprised that Sega hasn't done more embrase this fact until now. Plus, this isn't the kind of gimmikc you've seen before, since it'll probably be using the same gameplay as the rest of the game.

8 minutes ago, Azoo said:

I think it's best that we drop this. Let other people talk about other things in here for now. We'll return to this when we see the world burn react to what's going to unfold this E3.

BTW everyone in here, if we don't drop it now, I will lock the topic for a temporary amount of time so that everyone (including me) can move on, because right now the posts are getting a bit too quick and spammy. Capiche? 

Don't make me do it.

Carry on with a different subject (on-topic of course), someone.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Kintor said:

All I wanted to say is that I don't believe it's fair to claim that Sonic Team hasn't been working on Sonic Forces because they've been working on the Hedgehog Engine 2 instead. There's no evidence to support this idea and there never will be, since Japanse intensly private about their day to day practises. Making this line of thought little better then a conspiracy theory.

Looking back, yeah, I can agree with this. I don't really get the impression this game was done in any capacity a year or two ago, so I highly doubt they've only been working on a lighting engine since then. That's what the Hedgehog Engine was, right? I can't remember, it's been a while.

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

One: The slim few who do find appeal in this will never have the agency required to make a decent facsimile of their pre-existing fan characters. I had a fancharacter once. A red porcupine with black combat boots, camo pants, a blue ripped t-shirt and a sword, with one gold earing, several scars, fingerless gloves and had the ability to bend the elements like a Mary-Su Avatar complex. This is considered to be tame compared to others. Sonic Forces will no wise have the ability to create anything that specific, and the few fans who want that feature are inevitably going to be depressed when they can't recreate Evil or Coldsteel the Hedgehog.

I mean, those aren't the only kind of OCs that exist.

I know we're dropping this but I just wanted to put that out there because while it's definitely true that something like this will probably reawaken that whole stigma against fan characters, the stigma is also very silly

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Azoo said:

Don't make me do it.

Carry on with a different subject (on-topic of course), someone.

Alright, how about this?

58f19638bc62c_DeathEgg1.png.ab873706de174544bcd47231ec1814d0.png58f19640ece2f_DeathEgg2.png.fa26991f36b9dadf539dd681d0926b71.png

We already know that Sonic Forces has giant robots that look suspicously like the final boss from Sonic 2, the 'Death Egg Robo'.

Does this mean we could also see other classic bosses ressurected as giant robots?

I mean, this guy is already a giant robot:

58f196cb879f0_DeathEgg3.png.34e697a01081351c7c06c56276d55f2d.png

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

What if they're doing a yuuuuuge retcon and making it so that Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic... are different universes altogether?

The visual differences could be because of this, actually. We're looking at another world entirely in the classic level

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think I would have any major issues with that. I mean, it would be retcon central but also meh big deal. 

But I think it's just funny wording, like you said. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

What if this just supports that two worlds thing?

I honestly forgot about the whole two worlds thing. God this series is a mess. 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Does this mean we could also see other classic bosses ressurected as giant robots?

I mean, this guy is already a giant robot:

58f196cb879f0_DeathEgg3.png.34e697a01081351c7c06c56276d55f2d.png

No it doesn't really mean anything. They're just re-using the Death Egg Robot because...reasons.

It's not exactly iconic...