Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

So there are possibly two separate characters based on the same design? Classic and alternate world sonic? How stupid can a compan-

IMG_8438.PNG

IMG_8439.PNG

• Thumbs Up 4

If that's true, I wonder if this third character could also be from a different world entirely. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

No it doesn't really mean anything. They're just re-using the Death Egg Robot because...reasons.

It's not exactly iconic...

Of course it doesn't mean much but this thread needed a line of thought. A bit of crazy speculation about seeing other older bosses returning certainly wouldn't hurt at this point.

It's not much but I kind of want to see Sonic Adventure 2's Egg Golem return one day. I really enjoyed that boss battle in the Hero story with Sonic.58f19a221b816_EggGolem.thumb.jpg.f9d74da2006c51701a1ee113940c0ca1.jpg

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

No it doesn't really mean anything. They're just re-using the Death Egg Robot because...reasons.

Do we know if classic eggman will be in this game? Assuming he's from around sonic 2 time, since that's his only boss in generations except time eater, it could be that variations on the Death Egg Robot are just the best he can design right now. Assuming that, he wouldn't have even built the giant robot from S&K yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Do we know if classic eggman will be in this game? Assuming he's from around sonic 2 time, since that's his only boss in generations except time eater, it could be that variations on the Death Egg Robot are just the best he can design right now. Assuming that, he wouldn't have even built the giant robot from S&K yet.

Until stated otherwise, it would make sense to assume Classic Dr. Ivo Eggman will be in the game.

The death egg robots being used is more likely a case of reusing assets than a creative decision for the story, imo. I mean we can see several other examples of that already; the trees, flowers, and checkerboard textures look like they were ripped from Generations with some color changes, and the bush found in GHZ is exactly the same as one from SLW, as well.

It's oddly... Lazy on the modelers part, tbh. Have games ever reused assets this heavily and balantly, for non-recurring gameplay items and such?

• Thumbs Up 1

The more talk on forces that goes on and the more and more i watch the new trailer and then looking at generations. the more and more sad i become. Remember kids steady your hype.

7 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

To make things more complicated it could still be classic Eggman pulled from time, just not the same classic Eggman from Sonic Generations. It wouldn't take much to justify the inclusion of a classic Eggman circa S3&K, assuming that modern Eggman has been able to perfect his time/dimension manipulation technology.

8 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I think we might just be looking at an Ocarina if Time style timeline split (just because things need to get complicated). The world that has been conquered by Eggman is the world that was left without a Sonic after Classic Sonic was abducted by the Time Eater in Generations.

I still wanna think that after Gens, Eggman and Classic Eggman did something in white space to cause this...but that's too simple and not complicated enough 

• Thumbs Up 1

On another note, this may well be the only other game, other than rivals 2, (and that's pushing it) where Silver coming back is actually justified

Because... Well...

C7Ez8A7U8AA4ZxZ.jpg

... Man he just can't catch a break, can he...

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I still wanna think that after Gens, Eggman and Classic Eggman did something in white space to cause this...but that's too simple and not complicated enough 

Maybe that door the 'Eggmen' were looking for at the end of generations was the Collections Room all the way to the left of the hub, and they messed with sonic's history in there.

:V

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Didn't SEGA send a set of rules to Archie and one of those rules said... "Never refer to the Classic character designs as younger versions of the Modern designed cast" or something like that? That might say Sonic Team never thought of Classic Sonic as a younger version of Modern Sonic.

That's some pointless ass dumb restriction. What is with sega and these rules? Are they just insane or paranoid?

Saw it mentioned we should speculate on other content to be in Sonic Forces...

So can we talk about the script?

sonic_forces__we_can_t_give_up_by_ninjah

Amy - "Where's Tails with our pizza?! Who "Forces" their friends to fight on an empty stomach?!"

Tails - "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

Knuckles - "About time..."

Big - "Guys...? I think Fwoggy's on fire..."

Cream - "...My mommy is dead..."

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Didn't SEGA send a set of rules to Archie and one of those rules said... "Never refer to the Classic character designs as younger versions of the Modern designed cast" or something like that? That might say Sonic Team never thought of Classic Sonic as a younger version of Modern Sonic.

Really dumb, if that's the case, considering how important of a theme "time" is in Sonic Generations. Past stages, past versions of characters, past enemies... and Time Eater. 

How could Classic Sonic be anything but a younger Sonic? "Enjoy your future. It's gonna be great!"

Granted, this is the SEGA that couldn't decide if Eggman Nega and Blaze were from a different time OR a different dimension, and eventually settled on them having separate origins. 

• Thumbs Up 9

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

So can we talk about the script?

Before we've even had a single line of dialogue?

Just now, Kellan said:

Assume what it could be like. Hence why I gave an example.

My writing is dope.

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

That's some pointless ass dumb restriction. What is with sega and these rules? Are they just insane or paranoid?

After the whole Pender's fiasco Sega decided it was wise to give Archie some very stringent rules about what they can and can't write about, the more detailed the rules the better apparently. Which never would have been neccessary in the first place if Archie wasn't so terrible at keeping vitally important legal documents...

But that's jus the situationa Archie. Or at least it was until new Sonic comics mysteriously stopped being published. It doesn't have much impact on the rest of the Sonic franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

I hope it's Pontaff, just to make the suffering reach every possible corner of the greater Sonic fan community

• Thumbs Up 9

9 minutes ago, Solly said:

Granted, this is the SEGA that couldn't decide if Eggman Nega and Blaze were from a different time OR a different dimension, and eventually settled on them having separate origins. 

The same Sonic Team that supposedly decided out of nowhere there are 2 main worlds Sonic travels between now. AKA semi-realistic Earth and Sonic's Cartoony World.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I hope it's Pontaff, just to make the suffering reach every possible corner of the greater Sonic fan community

Well, that's just not very nice.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

The same Sonic team that supposedly decided out of nowhere there are 2 main worlds Sonic travels between now. AKA semi-realistic Earth and Sonic's World.

...How does he even travel between these worlds is my question...

...Unless we're going with the whole Fairy World rainbow bridge concept...

SchoolsOut1599.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3