Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

21 minutes ago, Voyant said:

I would have loved it honestly if this was a 3D inspired Sonic Rush game, your friend was Blaze, and Nega has now joined the two other Eggmen for an extra dose of havoc.

Holy shit... do you guys know how fucking amazing that would have been?

It would have been ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I'M ACTUALLY UPSET THAT THIS ISN'T WHAT HAPPENED.

I do not know that just sounds imo now so dont get mad. Horrible. I do not care to see another generations plot line. Nor do i care to see eggman nega teaming up with eggman yet again. Give him his own show for once if this is his attack. Nor do I care to see blaze shoved back into the game just cause he is in it. Still so far everything about this game scream this is generations 1.5. We just had to say at that horrible sonic party that do not worry this is not a sonic generations again........the hell you talking about everything shown screams just that besides our new furry friend shown off.

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Nor do I care to see blaze shoved back into the game just cause he is in it.

At least Blaze is a popular enough already loved character that could be given just a modified boost gameplay style... Unlike whoever this new character is "assuming it's not a OC Maker" and their gameplay style that may be good or may not be good. I can take or leave Dr.Nega though.

1 hour ago, Voyant said:

I would have loved it honestly if this was a 3D inspired Sonic Rush game, your friend was Blaze, and Nega has now joined the two other Eggmen for an extra dose of havoc.

Holy shit... do you guys know how fucking amazing that would have been?

It would have been ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I'M ACTUALLY UPSET THAT THIS ISN'T WHAT HAPPENED.

Haha I feel your pain, I was thinking about something like that as well.

Maybe one day we'll see a 3D remake/re-imagining of Sonic Rush (with Hideki Naganuma back for the soundtrack, please ?) as a last hurrah for the boost gameplay.

Ah who am I kidding? Sonic Team would never let the boost formula meet its conclusion, they'd probably find a way to shove wisps into that game.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Jango said:

Put-Down-that-Saltshaker.jpg

I love this thread. I think I've never seen a Sonic game get this much disapproval. I think even Sonic 4 had more positive response xD

Ok, this keeps coming up, so I'll just ask. Didn't Sonic 4 get mostly positive reviews? Like, I'm looking at the Wikipedia page right now, and it's saying that people generally liked it. I haven't played it yet (I'm still trying to get through Sonic 2, and I want to play these in order), so I don't get why we apparently hate this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Jango said:

Put-Down-that-Saltshaker.jpg

I love this thread. I think I've never seen a Sonic game get this much disapproval. I think even Sonic 4 had more positive response xD

The Dead Sea is probably less salty than me right now. 

Forces isn't getting as bad a response as S4 or RoL. It's more like "this is wrong and I'm not happy about it" this time, instead of "SEGA is lately ruining my life" like with the really bad games. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Which is utterly sad, as Sonic 4 is utterly shit. TBH, I was kinda excited-ish for Sonic 4... guess I was younger and naive :V Probably would've liked Sonic 06 if I've played back in the day, which I didn't because I never had the chance (but heck I admit I wanted to). I have never played it to this day. 

I guess we've all past that age where slapping Sonic's name in a game was enough for us to buy and enjoy.

8 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

It got positive reviews because most critics didn't exactly care about the physics at the time, and the nostalgia angle hadn't yet been beaten to death. Sonic fans were mixed on it regardless, but it was more positive than it is nowadays. From a personal standpoint, I just learned to be more criticially discerning to games as I grew older and wiser, innit. 

It's 2017, and Eurogamer actually apologised last year for giving S4E1 a 9/10 because Mania looks set to kick the hell out of it. 

Reminds me of all the positive reviews that Sonic Chronicles got and people at the time really enjoyed the game. 

I remember that day, dear God, Blue Blood. Those where crazy days. Every hour a new video "comparing the physics/rolling/jumping" would surface.

I also vividly remember the day SEGA revealed the Episode Metal DLC. People went nuts.

9 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I remember this so vividly. One guy on here got really mad when I called Episode 2 a "polished turd".  I wonder what happened to him...

(Do you still have that image? I can't find it)

You mean the; Sonic 4 vs a turd "What's the difference" gif. Haha. Yeah, I can't find it either.

I hardly even think of Sonic 4 anymore. Ep1 was so rubbish. When Mania comes out I will forget Sonic 4 ever existed :D

Not to derail the topic further from the game itself, but man do we go through this same song and dance with new games.

It's either shit or the best thing ever with this series.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Metal Sonic NEGA said:

Dunno if this has been brought up before, but I think I've got an idea as to why we haven't seen anything similar to Eggmanland yet, despite Eggman controlling 99% of the world. I think it's because the city we've seen is actually the 1% of the world that Eggman has yet to conquer, hence the Egg Sentinels attacking. So perhaps the game opens with something like a 'last stand' for Sonic and friends, before Classic Sonic and/or the new guy enter the picture.

It's a good and possible idea, just like the village in Bretagne from Astérix, holding on against the oppressive force.

Imagine the game is about a small group of survivors (maybe we can even call them Freedom Fighters), who are trying to hide and hold on against Eggman. It would also answer the question of the mysterious new character. It's obviously a survivor Sonic and his friends teamed up with. I can also imagine scenes when Sonic has to team up with his enemies as well, such as Shadow, just to ensure the survival. The openworld city is their only hope, and it's there to explore. It holds many secrets, you can find abandoned places with hidden signs and messages, which hints you to avoid Eggman and get to know his plans. You could also try to escape from the city, and try to get help from the outside...

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot. Taking it seriously, it would be an interesting turn in the history of the series. Eggman usually got beaten easily by Sonic, so if the roles change, and Eggman gets above Sonic, it would destroy the feeling of safety the recent games gave. You just always knew Sonic will win anyway. Now it has changed... who will win this time?

Eh... I've gone too far. Making awesome things is not so trendy nowadays at Sonic Team.

Speaking of the third character, I seriously think this might be Blaze, the silouhette looks a lot like her, if you consider her head being tilted upwards, towards the robots. The hair could be hiding since they would be pointing towards the camera, so we wouldn't be able to see them through the smoke. The shoes and the tail would also make sense. Just throwing it out there.

Just now, Tomazo said:

It's a good and possible idea, just like the village in Bretagne from Astérix, holding on against the oppressive force.

Imagine the game is about a small group of survivors (maybe we can even call them Freedom Fighters), who are trying to hide and hold on against Eggman. It would also answer the question of the mysterious new character. It's obviously a survivor Sonic and his friends teamed up with. I can also imagine scenes when Sonic has to team up with his enemies as well, such as Shadow, just to ensure the survival. The openworld city is their only hope, and it's there to explore. It holds many secrets, you can find abandoned places with hidden signs and messages, which hints you to avoid Eggman and get to know his plans. You could also try to escape from the city, and try to get help from the outside...

Eh... I've gone too far. Making awesome things is not so trendy nowadays at Sonic Team.

I didn't think Shadow was an enemy of Sonic's. A rival, for sure, but he's still against Eggman a vast majority of the time. And I'm pretty certain that Shadow will be allying with Sonic and Co. anyway, since he vowed to protect the world Maria loved, and all that.

I'm actually starting to think that the city (or more specifically, a small area within it) may act as a main hub for Sonic and his friends, perhaps with Eggman's attack being prevented or delayed early on.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

We're joining the resistance

against Sonic Forces

To think you never got the chance to use that image for Sonic 4 Episode 3 :D

Anyway yeah, back on topic.

What if (in Forces) Eggman ends up turning the wisps against Sonic so they attack him. That could be a good twist.

4 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Speaking of the third character, I seriously think this might be Blaze, the silouhette looks a lot like her, if you consider her head being tilted upwards, towards the robots. The hair could be hiding since they would be pointing towards the camera, so we wouldn't be able to see them through the smoke. The shoes and the tail would also make sense. Just throwing it out there.

...Nah I still see Bubsy. =P

I mean, the body shape doesn't fit with Blaze at all and the character looks naked which suggests it's a guy. I wish it was Blaze but I doubt it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, TailsMania said:

What if (in Forces) Eggman ends up turning the wisps against Sonic so they attack him. That could be a good twist.

That could be interesting, even if it may just be that Eggman's using them to power his robots instead of/along with the usual animals.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Celestia said:

White (boost-powering) Wisps were in some enemies in Colours, so I could see that being the case here as well. It'd be interesting if some badniks had other Wisps tho', maybe even ones that make sense for that badnik i.e. Yellow Wisps inside Burrobots.

That would be a really cool way to get Wisps, Green Wisps in Buzzbombers, Pink Wisps in Spikes or Black Wisp in Bombs.

Yeah, I'm not the most imaginative person

• Thumbs Up 3