Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

41 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

So back on track, it is interesting to hear that quite a few characters like Silver and even the Chaotix will be back to suitable roles story-wise. Or at least, we at least know they're in the game.

Yeah I wouldn't be in a hurry to assume they have "suitable" roles. Considering the eclectic choices and the number already confirmed, the vibe I'm getting is more Generations-ish, where they just shove in a bunch of characters as minor NPCs, trying to please both sides of the "shitty friends" argument and succeeding for neither.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Soni said:

E-10000B? Everyone remembers E-10000B!

That's like the best character!

Yeah, that is what I meant. If I am not mistaken, that was the blue robot, right?

Just now, CrystalStorm51 said:

Yeah, that is what I meant. If I am not mistaken, that was the blue robot, right?

That's what the B stands for. Don't wear it out!

Whatever, I guess I was thinking of the Olympic games or something. The point is, I don't know why they bother to get a well-known dub actor like Vic to voice a character that sounds exactly the same no matter who voices him. It's weird enough that Espio was voiced by Troy Baker in Generations, but that was slightly before his popularity exploded the way it did. By the time Generations came out, Vic was already the lead actor in the currently highest rated anime ever made, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Just now, Soni said:

That's what the B stands for. Don't wear it out!

Yeah, that is what I thought.

So, I wonder if Metal Sonic will be in this game in some form? I'd personally like to see him.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Whatever, I guess I was thinking of the Olympic games or something. The point is, I don't know why they bother to get a well-known dub actor like Vic to voice a character that sounds exactly the same no matter who voices him. It's weird enough that Espio was voiced by Troy Baker in Generations, but that was slightly before his popularity exploded the way it did. By the time Generations came out, Vic was already the lead actor in the currently highest rated anime ever made, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

About Espio, apparently his voice actor changed. In the new Olympics, his voice actor was changed to Matthew Mercer. Not sure if that's permanent or not (probably permanent tho since Matt's a pretty big VA).

1 minute ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

So, I wonder if Metal Sonic will be in this game in some form? I'd personally like to see him.

I'd really be disappointed if he isn't, i don't know I just feel it'd be wrong not having him being a part of Eggman's army when Eggman's finally winning for once.

How long has it been since his last canon appearance that doesn't involve time travel or interquels? Sonic 4 is an interquel between 3&K and Adventure and Sonic Generations has time travel, so his last main appearance was in Sonic Heroes right?

From an in-universe point of view it's been a long time, I think it's time Eggman tries using him again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Auroxen said:

I'd really be disappointed if he isn't, i don't know I just feel it'd be wrong not having him being a part of Eggman's army when Eggman's finally winning for once.

How long has it been since his last canon appearance that doesn't involve time travel or interquels? Sonic 4 is an interquel between 3&K and Adventure and Sonic Generations has time travel, so his last main appearance was in Sonic Heroes right?

From an in-universe point of view it's been a long time, I think it's time Eggman tries using him again.

Agreed. It would be sweet to see him in action again. He's gotta have some role with Eggman conquering the world and all.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

About Espio, apparently his voice actor changed. In the new Olympics, his voice actor was changed to Matthew Mercer. Not sure if that's permanent or not (probably permanent tho since Matt's a pretty big VA).

Wait, it's no longer Troy Baker? First I'm hearing of this. Oh well, not surprised. He is the most popular voice actor in Hollywood at the moment. Schedule must be crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Wait, it's no longer Troy Baker? First I'm hearing of this. Oh well, not surprised. He is the most popular voice actor in Hollywood at the moment. Schedule must be crazy. 

Yep, it's Matt now. Big got kinda weird too. He was voiced by Kyle Herbert in Colors DS and the new Olympics but in the Lego Dimensions pack, Oliver Wyman, his 4kids actor, reprised his role as him. That one may be more on the temporary side though.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Agreed. It would be sweet to see him in action again. He's gotta have some role with Eggman conquering the world and all.

It'd be good to see Metal Sonic again; he's still one of the coolest enemies ever to appear in the Sonic franchise. Still, I do wonder though? Whose side would Metal Sonic be on anyway? We've got this whole 'join the resistance' thing going on, it's plausible that Metal Sonic go break his programming (again) and decide to fight against Eggman for reasons of his own.

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Anyway, I wanted to talk about Tails. If the rumour is true, then Tails has given up preemptively because Sonic disappeared. That's understandable at first but he's already been through not having Sonic around in Adventure 1 and 2. In 2 Tails literally thought he died, but he still fought Eggman. Why would he give up? Sure, Sonic's canon is kind of iffy at best, but this kind of thing blatantly ignores past events. 

This has the potential for so much salt to be spilled... Not sure if this was wise to bring up. XD

But uh... They've never been good at being consistent with anything, locations or characters, so...

i've decided i'm not going to see any reviews or fan opinions until i play the game once it's out.

i don't want a repeat of 2014.

Okay, so I have good news. My post is about Sonic Forces, so the topic is back on track!

The bad news? I'm having fun about Green Hill again.

...THIS IS IMPORTANT, OKAY?

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Hero said:

Anyway, I wanted to talk about Tails. If the rumour is true, then Tails has given up preemptively because Sonic disappeared. That's understandable at first but he's already been through not having Sonic around in Adventure 1 and 2. In 2 Tails literally thought he died, but he still fought Eggman. Why would he give up? Sure, Sonic's canon is kind of iffy at best, but this kind of thing blatantly ignores past events. 

well if I had to guess why they made tails the "character thats given up the good fight because of the lose of their leader" it was likely due to him fitting their story needs better because...

• amy giving up because of the lost of her love.would fall into a stereotypical female role scenario that they would rather avoid.
  • It wouldn't fit knuckles personality to leave a fight because sonic was captured
  • none of the other characters would likely get chosen for the roll at the moment.
  • tails is sonic's sidekick/best friend it would "devastate" him to find out that sonic has lost!

yes we fans know that tails has managed to do things without sonic even with the assumption that sonic is dead.but if someone made the decision to make a character "give up the good fight because of the lose of their leader" then tails would be the most likely choice they would go with.

• Thumbs Up 2

If the writers are going to be the same as Colors, Generations and Lost World, I wonder how they are going to handle the darker plot of Forces...

They wrote for Happy Tree Friends, but that show is way too messed up to compare to anything Sonic related.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still want THIS in Sonic Forces final boss.

Even if the stage layout is crap and the game play is repetitive, I'd absolutely ADORE a final boss where Sonic's friends join together alongside Modern and Classic, running by their sides and the...

New... Character... I guess...

And perform the grand finale attack on Eggman before the situation evolves to one needing the Super form of the two...

...Wait...

...Does the third character also mean no Super Sonic final boss...?

1 hour ago, SSF1991 said:

Good attempt, but come on, that didn't even rhyme! How about:

I'm Green Hill, yes I'm the real deal.

All you other Green Hills are just not for real.

Sure, the rhymes aren't exactly perfect, but I feel it's little closer.

47 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Good attempt, but come on, that didn't even rhyme! How about:

I'm Green Hill, yes I'm the real deal.

All you other Green Hills are just not for real.

Sure, the rhymes aren't exactly perfect, but I feel it's little closer.

...Isn't that a little too old to even be funny anymore...?

Nice try I guess but... Seriously... Kind of a groaner there...

If that rumor is true... Eh... Creativity isn't my forte but okay. As long as I don't have to play with my Sonic OC (god it feels awkward saying that for a mainline Sonic game, I will not get used to it.) 80% of the game until I unlock Sonic at the second-to-last stage, I can deal with that. 

I'm cautiously optimistic. Character creation isn't my cup of tea for a game like this. Were it be a RPG or something like hell I don't know Skyrim or Mass Effect, sure I can handle that, I have more freedom to choose how my character acts and whatnot, but assuming this is true, you only decide how it looks like. I would really rather have Sonic all the way through or hell, any of Sonic's friends for I don't know two stages until you find Sonic and you have an option of continuing with whoever you picked or resume with Sonic.

SEGA is sailing dangerous waters with this and I hope they know what they are doing. I hope.  

I hope.

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

...Isn't that a little too old to even be funny anymore...?

Nice try I guess but... Seriously... Kind of a groaner there...

Hey man, I didn't make the parody, I was just trying to make the existing one (the one that I quoted in my post) rhyme a little better. Mostly because I care deeply about song parodies rhyming correctly, as well as having close to the right number syllables. If you have problems with the concept itself, maybe you should try taking it up with the guy who wrote it. Personally, I don't think the reference is too old, though I do think that it doesn't really fit here, since it's a bit unclear what the imitators from the song are supposed to represent in this metaphor.

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Hey man, I didn't make the parody, I was just trying to make the existing one (the one that I quoted in my post) rhyme a little better. Mostly because I care deeply about song parodies rhyming correctly, as well as having close to the right number syllables. If you have problems with the concept itself, maybe you should try taking it up with the guy who wrote it. Personally, I don't think the reference is too old, though I do think that it doesn't really fit here, since it's a bit unclear what the imitators from the song are supposed to represent in this metaphor.

I just remember seeing some "I'm the real Eggman!" video a loooooooooonnnnnnnnng time back and that's why the reference kind of made me groan.

Don't try to be Webber folks, it just isn't possible. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Metal Sonic NEGA said:

I didn't think Shadow was an enemy of Sonic's. A rival, for sure, but he's still against Eggman a vast majority of the time. And I'm pretty certain that Shadow will be allying with Sonic and Co. anyway, since he vowed to protect the world Maria loved, and all that.

I agree, but allying would surely result several conflicts between them, since Shadow has his own personal reasons to defeat Eggman, while Sonic is 'just' saving the world. That could give pretty interesting twists and turns to the story of the game.

But anyway, talking seriously, I would be surprised if such things will be added to the game. According to the trailer, I think the main point is the gameplay, since they didn't show anything from the story (except for Eggman robots and the setting).

Talking of the setting, I also don't really get what's the connection between a totally burned down city and a low-quality Green Hill...

• Thumbs Up 1