Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

If Green Hill is outright mentioned in a cutscene, as has been apparently confirmed, that means it's going to be used to introduce some story element in a familiar environment, and should take place very early in the game. Probably Classic Sonic's introductory level.

6 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/sonic-forces-gameplay-eyes-on-impressions

Too bad that IGN already confimed Tails alongside Amy.

Screenshot_20170416-210217.thumb.png.e10ecb8d793a04a0cfd6eb1e531518e7.png

"And as any good Sonic level should have, I was shown alternate paths through the world that promise verticality and worthy reasons to replay "

Well this is reassuring.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BubbleButt TV said:

"And as any good Sonic level should have, I was shown alternate paths through the world that promise verticality and worthy reasons to replay "

Well this is reassuring.

That in 2D sections.

Ugh. And I was hoping this would finally be the game that keeps modern Sonic in 3D, where he works best.

I'm actually getting more and more interested in Sandy GHZ... I wonder if it's a future version where it's dying or something. I'm kind of a sucker for those sorts of things.

Or it's the aforementioned zone merging rumor thingy, but I dunno. There's too little footage for me to go off of.

• Thumbs Up 1

NO, ANOTHER NOT-GREEN HILL?
AND IT'S NOT EVEN TRYING TO LOOK DIFFERENT?
NO PLEASE

Ok, sorry for the caps but this really angers me, I really hope the tweet has been misinterpreted and that that IS the real Green Hill Zone, just twisted for some reason.
I hate the fact that there are countless Green Hills around the Sonic world just because, and this DOESNT EVEN LOOK REMOTELY DIFFERENT.
I will say this: even Splash Hill was somewhat recognizable, it surely wasn't original but I'd be able to understand if a fan art is trying to depict Splash Hill or Green Hill.
This is just Green Hill with a desert behind.
Otherwise it's the same thing.
In an idea world this zone wouldn't be in the game at all, but if it has to at least call it Green Hill or try to differentiate it, don't make the same old Green Hill calling it something else.
I'll say, I don't dislike all the Green Hills trope levels, I like Windy Hill because of the fact that Lost World's design makes it different.
I like the yellowness of Splash Hill, idk I like the colours.
But I don't like seeing this.
I really hope that if this really turns out to be a different place, the music will be good, the music can be a good factor in giving it it's own identity (even if with it's looks it shouldn't even be trying to have one).

36 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Ugh. And I was hoping this would finally be the game that keeps modern Sonic in 3D, where he works best.

But 2D sections are primarily how the Boost game-play  gets any sort of platforming variety.

Without those, the stages would be even more samey than they already are...

My problem is that the 2D sections are getting blockier and slower every game, if they were the same as Unleashed and Rush, I would be a-ok with them.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BubbleButt TV said:

Well this is reassuring.

"Verticality"

Ahshdkjaglskf I knew it; all the signs were pointing towards it, for Modern Sonic anyways

Colors' level designer is the one directing it, the hallway gameplay we've seen is more similar to Colors' hallway design than the others, the gameplay itself seems the most similar to Color's... and now verticality is the main attraction for route design...

It's a Colors 2.0, lads

... At least it has SLW's double jump, though. Can't take that away from it, at least...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

... At least it has SLW's double jump, though. Can't take that away from it, at least...

Wait what? Where does this information come from?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

"Verticality"

Ahshdkjaglskf I knew it; all the signs were pointing towards it, for Modern Sonic anyways

Colors' level designer is the one directing it, the hallway gameplay we've seen is more similar to Colors' hallway design than the others, the gameplay itself seems the most similar to Color's... and now verticality is the main attraction for route design...

It's a Colors 2.0, lads

So we rest assured, that is going to fulfil the 8.5 IGN trinity. Colors. Generations, Forces.

"This is a dialog." My Japanese isn't amazing, but if I'm interpreting this right, Nakamura is now saying "It's not Green Hill" is a line said by someone in the game. 

This is getting weird. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zippo said:

"This is a dialog."

What is a dialog? Totally not Green Hill Zone? If so, how will that even play out?

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

What is a dialog? Totally not Green Hill Zone? If so, how will that even play out?

From what I'm understanding, "It's not Green Hill" is supposed to be the dialog.
I still am trying to make sense of it.
If it is the dialog, who is noticing it? in what context?
So much vagueness just for the sake of teasing, lol.

1 minute ago, Auroxen said:

From what I'm understanding, "It's not Green Hill" is supposed to be the dialog.

Seems less like teasing, and more like some weird, vague version of damage control to me. Why would he take so long to reiterate that this was dialog?

This is a headscratcher. 

4 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

Okay? So do you not even play the stage? Who's talking in said dialog? If you are playing the stage, will the dialog just pop up as text on the screen like we assume how Sonic and co. will communicate with each other?

They better bomb us with information once E3 hits. I can't handle this vague stuff much longer. I'm so confused right now, and I hate it,

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Okay? So do you not even play the stage? Who's talking in said dialog? If you are playing the stage, will the dialog just pop up as text on the screen like we assume how Sonic and co. will communicate with each other?

I imagine that you first play the stage and then in a cutscene someone says that it's not Green Hill and then goes on to explain why he thinks that.
Or before the level, who knows this whole situation is confusing.
Also we saw Classic Sonic in Green Hill so, if he doesn't speak like in Generations, he can't be the one saying this.
So who...?

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Seems less like teasing, and more like some weird, vague version of damage control to me. Why would he take so long to reiterate that this was dialog?

This is a headscratcher. 

Yeah that's also a possibility, even though I'm baffled that they really didn't think that seeing Green Hill again would cause damage.
Did they really think that we wouldn't leech to every source of information possible, even if it is a Nintendo Direct mini clip, during this lack of news?
Man I really don't know what they were thinking lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

So rest assured. Is going to fulfil the 8.5 trinity. Colors. Generations, Forces.

I'm not exactly saying that fondly though, lol. It may do something to how well it's received among critics, idk, but for me, the main draw for Colors for me, is that it's mostly a 2D game in what should be a 3D franchise. And what was 3D, didn't really capitalize on it at all, compared to Generations and Unleashed, even in the most basic of hallways.

Wait what? Where does this information come from?

At the end of the gameplay from SXSW, you can see them double-jumping out of a boost jump, with the same properties of SLW's jump. (uncurling, a low, set double jump distance, and carrying momentum through itself fully)

• Thumbs Up 1

I imagine that you first play the stage and then in a cutscene someone says that it's not Green Hill and then goes on to explain why he thinks that.
Or before the level, who knows this whole situation is confusing.
Also we saw Classic Sonic in Green Hill so, if he doesn't speak like in Generations, he can't be the one saying this.
So who...?

But then,if it's just a cutscene afterwards, then how is the Not Green Hill a dialog? Like, that kinda just defeats the whole meaning right? But I don't know. No one does because apparently every news about this game has to be stupidly vague for some reason and then we have literally nothing to go off of. Wake me up when June 13th hits please.

As was mentioned by yours truly a few pages back, it doesn't matter if the Ranks are returning if there are no rewards for them.

Nobody gloats about S ranking through a Sonic game anymore, it's asking to get made a mockery of. If we're not getting any rewards for high ranks aside an empty hand clap, it might as well stop showing up in the series.

Give rewards or go away as far as the Ranks go.

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

This is a headscratcher. 

I mean, the tweet clarifying that it's dialogue was posted about 15 minutes later.

Edit: oops, quoted the wrong person at first

3 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

I'm not exactly saying that fondly though, lol. It may do something to how well it's received among critics, idk, but for me, the main draw for Colors for me, is that it's mostly a 2D game in what should be a 3D franchise. And what was 3D, didn't really capitalize on it at all, compared to Generations and Unleashed, even in the most basic of hallways.

At the end of the gameplay from SXSW, you can see them double-jumping out of a boost jump, with the same properties of SLW's jump. (uncurling, a low, set double jump distance, and carrying momentum through itself fully)

I know, but at least critics will like it.

I feel the exact same about Colors, is a 2D game.

About ranks, they need to handle like Unleashed.

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

(...) I wonder if it's a future version where it's dying or something. I'm kind of a sucker for those sorts of things.

Huh.. I wonder if it could be related to robotnik's extractor whatsit from Lost World? Perhaps it was used on not-greenhill, turning the water to sand. Generations continued where Colours left off story wise, so it's not impossible that forces could continue on from SLW, although I'd consider it unlikely with the reception the game got and it's mess of a plot anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, The Deleter said:

Woah nice catch, I noticed that animation but didn't link it to SLW's double jump!
I didn't mind double jumping in SLW, wasn't bad I think (I don't remember too much of how SLW controlled because I never really got good at that layout) and I like being able to double jump in Sonic games so it's a good thing imho.

Now a general question that came to my mind thinking of this, is there anything from SLW's gameplay that you want to see returning adapted to the Boost gameplay in Forces?

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

But then,if it's just a cutscene afterwards, then how is the Not Green Hill a dialog? Like, that kinda just defeats the whole meaning right? But I don't know. No one does because apparently every news about this game has to be stupidly vague for some reason and then we have literally nothing to go off of. Wake me up when June 13th hits please.

Wait I think you misunderstood, the dialog is "It's not Green Hill".
The sentence.
Or maybe I misunderstood, idk, it's too vague.

5 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

Wait I think you misunderstood, the dialog is "It's not Green Hill".
The sentence.
Or maybe I misunderstood, idk, it's too vague.

Hold up, was the tweet saying that Not Green Hill would be the dialouge or that the dialouge taking place after would be them saying it's not Green Hill. I need to check back again to make sure real quick.

EDIT: So I just checked back and apparently, the Not Green Hill is supposed to be apart of a Dialog, at least that's what I interpret.