Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

7 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

If he was then why would they hide him from the first showing of it

Gotta have something for E3 2017. Thinking back to Generations, we didn't know Classic Tails would show up until much later.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Gotta have something for E3 2017. Thinking back to Generations, we didn't know Classic Tails would show up until much later.

True but he wasn't playable other than pressing a button and moving for like 9 seconds

• Thumbs Up 4

I think its very unlikely that Boom Sonic will be in. The three robots are probably just visual flair for the trailer.

And as I've said, this game might have nothing to do with time travel.

3 hours ago, Mel said:

this game might have nothing to do with time travel.

If this isn't a time travel game then it is Mega Man X game

• Thumbs Up 5

As some have theorized (and I feel as though I was the first to come up with this - B)) I have a feeling that we won't even be playing as Classic Sonic. The way he appears and how he acts in that teaser (SFX and all) gives way to believe that he may just be some sort of companion character that helps you out in gameplay, similar to Runners. Perhaps you'll be able to summon them during a level and the aim is to build up different characters throughout the game.

• Thumbs Up 5

31 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

As some have theorized (and I feel as though I was the first to come up with this - B)) I have a feeling that we won't even be playing as Classic Sonic. The way he appears and how he acts in that teaser (SFX and all) gives way to believe that he may just be some sort of companion character that helps you out in gameplay, similar to Runners. Perhaps you'll be able to summon them during a level and the aim is to build up different characters throughout the game.

I mean if that's the case then I really hope that Chao's can probably get integrated in the same way, if its going to be as similar to Runners as stated before by JingleBoy. Although I doubt Chao's will ever be back, but it was nice hearing the remixes by Hyper Potion though. 

Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda want there to be a Boom Sonic skin for Sonic.

But then again the last main game we had skins in was Heroes, I think. Those metal skins. Rivals 2 had skins as well, but, eh

Not likely, but I still want it to happen. I like Boom Sonic!

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

He shows up and acts almost exactly as he did in Generations' teaser. Modern Sonic does his thing for a bit, then classic pops in, and then they run off together.

I don't know how this theory has gotten any traction, there isn't a shred of evidence for it.

• Thumbs Up 7

What I wonder is that, when are we ever going to get more information. From what I've seen gameplay trailers usually come out a few days after the teaser, but the problem is that game is so far away from it's release, I doubt any information is going to come out, until probably early 2017.

I do think it'd be fairly odd for Classic Sonic to not be playable despite having such a huge emphasis on the trailer. What else could he be? AI assist akin to Tails in the Classics and Adventure 1, Heroes and Shadow? Could others take on a similar role with their own unique abilities (some may be necessary in story).

Just doesn't seem likely, though appealing, especially if you can choose who you can leave with, aside from story important ones.

If it was, then it'd make referring to them as "help" make more sense.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Re-watching the trailer for the umpteenth time, it's probably not strong enough evidence, but after Classic Sonic gets his honeyshot, the camera focuses on Modern Sonic without Classic being in the shot until the camera pans behind them both with him trailing behind Modern.

I mean since we're being super-analytical about it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Re-watching the trailer for the umpteenth time, it's probably not strong enough evidence, but after Classic Sonic gets his honeyshot, the camera focuses on Modern Sonic without Classic being in the shot until the camera pans behind them both with him trailing behind Modern.

I mean since we're being super-analytical about it.

The focus of the entire trailer is far more on Sonic and destruction, not so much Classic Sonic. Can't rewatch it now, but I don't really recall Classic doing much beyond the save and boost.

I don't really remember how the Generations trailer focused on Classic though, so whatever.

39 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

He shows up and acts almost exactly as he did in Generations' teaser. Modern Sonic does his thing for a bit, then classic pops in, and then they run off together.

I don't know how this theory has gotten any traction, there isn't a shred of evidence for it.

Mainly because Iizuka said this wasn't a sequel. There's definitely evidence there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername 2: Revenge said:

I do think it'd be fairly odd for Classic Sonic to not be playable despite having such a huge emphasis on the trailer. What else could he be? AI assist akin to Tails in the Classics and Adventure 1, Heroes and Shadow? Could others take on a similar role with their own unique abilities (some may be necessary in story).

Just doesn't seem likely, though appealing, especially if you can choose who you can leave with, aside from story important ones.

If it was, then it'd make referring to them as "help" make more sense.

Generations trailer literally paused showing both Modern and Classic Sonic :lol:

Sonic-Generations-teaser.png

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, VolatileMike said:

Mainly because Iizuka said this wasn't a sequel. There's definitely evidence there. 

Trust your eyes over PR speak. Even if it's not literally Generations 2, nothing about the teaser implies this "gotta catch 'em all" theory.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Trust your eyes over PR speak. Even if it's not literally Generations 2, nothing about the teaser implies this "gotta catch 'em all" theory.

The evidence that he is playable is only the he was in a trailer made for PR. The evidece against it is that the creators wanted to stress that this game wont be like generations where he was playable. Trusting our eyes alone is not enough because we have seen nothing "besides he exists in this game trailer they showed after stressing that it won't be like the game where he is playable". I get not wanting to use the creators word as law, but to pretend it is not important is a mistake.

Classic Sonic being anything less than playable in a capacity similar to Generations would be weird considering the trailer. Aside from the obvious, Sega went to great lengths to reference Generations - whether it be through the acknowledgement of the game at the beginning or the visual similarities between Generations' debut trailer and the 2017 teaser.

I am not sure if we can count 100% that it's not going to be a sequel, it can very well be trolling in the end, but who knows, we are so early into all of this, that we won't know exactly, since we didn't even get a name for the game yet

When iizuka says "it's not a squeal" he means that it doesn't leave off from any game. It still can feel and play like Generations 2 but it isn't Generations 2. 

But then again, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it probably is a duck.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think when Iizuka said it wasn't a sequel he meant it wasn't like Generations, a game about the past Sonic celebration with old levels.

This will probably have Sonic Gens gameplay, which is brilliant by me. And it's still up in the air if time travel will be involved. All we know is Modern and Classic Sonic are fighting in an apocalypse. 

Add me to the boat of "there's no reason they'd show Classic if he weren't playable".

Think about it for a minute: There are many, many non Sonic fans (or at least non-hardcore fans) that bought Generations just for Classic Sonic. Effectively, if Sonic Team were to not make Classic playable, there'd be a huge margin of people going "fuck it" and avoiding the game outright, likely slamming on Sonic Team for being so deceptive.

I don't want it to be that way, but I think that'd be a huge mistake on Sonic Team's part in terms of marketing. There's no reason I can see for Classic's inclusion if he weren't playable, even if time travel was a plot element.

2 minutes ago, Sam Sanderson Sandleberger said:

The evidence that he is playable is only the he was in a trailer made for PR. The evidece against it is that the creators wanted to stress that this game wont be like generations where he was playable. Trusting our eyes alone is not enough because we have seen nothing "besides he exists in this game trailer they showed after stressing that it won't be like the game where he is playable". I get not wanting to use the creators word as law, but to pretend it is not important is a mistake.

That's reason to hold off trying to predict the gameplay, not to propose theories that have no basis in either the teaser or the PR speak. Or, you know, go ahead and propose them, but no one should take them seriously when there's literally no evidence for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point, for some of us - - myself included, I feel like a good amount of the analysis is nudging more to the side of hopeful wishing.

• Thumbs Up 4