Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

It's just I never saw people openly express their distaste with the theme when it first came out. Then I kinda left this topic for awhile...and came back to hearing this lol

There is people who like it (I love it), and people that don't like it! Simple.

I wish for something more than just happy music all the way like Runners. The piano part of the theme makes me hopeful for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I legit can't tell who's saying they like the theme tune and who isn't. As it goes, I think it's pretty cool. Better than Lost World's theme at any rate.

• Thumbs Up 3

The theme is alright imo, the guitar is too tinny and overused in the dude's tracks by now and the composition is a bit messy, but the chorus is pretty great, and it's nice to get some edge back into the Sonic series' music

I gotta say though, if the guitar is just a placeholder for the main vocals, I am absolutely dreading how they'll be handled tbh. If this were sung by a japanese person, I wouldn't mind at all, but near every english voice I insert into the tune otherwise just comes off as... annoying. And all the fan dubs I've heard by now... really don't help matters. Really hope they can avoid it, but I don't see it happening, honestly...

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait I thought people liked Forces theme when it dropped. Now we don't...?

I never liked it. Been the one part of the game that people seem to think is good for the most part though so I didn't say much about it here is all

21 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Me neither. When I don't like something, I just like to keep quiet and let everyone else enjoy it. You'll never see me bad mouth a Sonic game. Ever.

Ya know, except when it happens.

The main theme is ok, certainly better than Wonder World at the very least, but I'm not exactly singing it's praises either. And that's about all I have to contribute to this game this week.

48 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Who's this we? I thought the main theme was serviceable.

Honestly, Ohtani's wearing out his welcome for me. Most of his music doesn't have the kinda bite I look for in Sonic music. Most of it just sounds pretty generically happy. We need Kumatani and Tokoi back in the ring. #MakeSonicMusicGreatAgain

YOU used...

...lol Oh man... Good on ya Nep. That made me smile.

Anywhoo, in my case I'd like new composers over bringing back past ones but...

Eh... Already went over that. Tee for the win!

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

YOU used...

...lol Oh man... Good on ya Nep. That made me smile.

Anywhoo, in my case I'd like new composers over bringing back past ones but...

Eh... Already went over that. Tee for the win!

Wait...what?

I like parts of the theme a whole lot. I'm interested in hearing the non-instrumental version too. I think it sounds good, it just needs a touch up on some of those instruments maybe.

Not as much as that Green Hill music though. Images of a broken disk come to mind when I hear that music. Like someone dropped Green Hill Zone itself on the floor and pressed play on it to get it going and the music was all scrambled and jittering. 

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait...what?

Nep did the Trump thing, that was funny.

I dunno why, just didn't expect Nep to. It's awesome. lol

As far as the theme being an issue now... Folks think the main theme is bad too? I actually think it's pretty good.

Or... Well... I guess it's not really the main theme since it was mentioned it's for some cut scene or something, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Or... Well... I guess it's not really the main theme since it was mentioned it's for some cut scene or something, right?

No, it's the main theme. Just because it'll be used in a cut scene doesn't mean anything.

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

No, it's the main theme. Just because it'll be used in a cut scene doesn't mean anything.

Ah... Alrighty then.

I do wonder if there will be multiple versions of the theme, and if so, how many.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Ah... Alrighty then.

I do wonder if there will be multiple versions of the theme, and if so, how many.

If we're going by Unleashed and Colors, probably two. Regular and Orchestral.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, blazefan519 said:

If we're going by Unleashed and Colors, probably two. Regular and Orchestral.

Well, we did have 06 with countless His World variations and Black Knight brought back some old tracks in new ways.

I wouldn't mind different versions so long as they're all good.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Well, we did have 06 with countless His World variations and Black Knight brought back some old tracks in new ways.

I wouldn't mind different versions so long as they're all good.

I was just going by the more recent incarnations. But I wouldn't mind variations as long as it doesn't feel like it's everywhere in the game. *cough* Smash Bros *cough*

This masterpiece alone makes me extremely excited for Forces' soundtrack. In my opinion, Ohtani has gotten better with age. 

Sonic Adventure and Heroes have great soundtracks, but this is my type of music. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It's odd. Lost World is an odd beast for me when it comes to the music. Some of those tracks ended up being up there with some of my favorites in the series (Dragon Dance, Silent Forest, All the Deadly Six themes, Desert Ruins, one segment of Lava Mountain, and the Dr. Eggman Showdown theme to name a few). Even Wonder World I actually grew to like quite a bit.

But then all it's other music I barely remember. And when I go back to the ones I didn't bother to remember it sounded so plain. Especially that Tropical Coast theme. Taking that and comparing it to the other ocean themes the series has had feels virtually cruel and unfair to do to that tune. Same goes for that one level with the giant Snowball and... the uh... music in Des"s"ert Ruins Act 2 where it sounds like someone's trying to simulate a bunch of high pitched bubbles popping all at once. 

I feel like the Forces theme grew on me the more I heard it. I thought it was merely okay when I first did. The only part that stood out as something way up my alley were the beginning and the ending bits of the piece. It's got fragments of the kind of Sonic music I like the best.

Favorite tracks are still from the two Adventures, Heroes, and Unleashed. 

This a new screenshot and a nice one too. Look at that Sonic model. That is a nice Sonic model.

『ソニックマニア』は昔のファンが喜ぶ作品に! 『ソニックフォース』やシリーズ展開を飯塚さんが語る

See. I can be positive too!

Also the music. Its random. The tune is fun and quirky. Reminds me of Sonic 2 Multiplayer music for some reason. The problem is, it makes no sense. Why does it sound like actual mega drive music? Its a 3D game. It makes no sense. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Roboat06 said:

What is that grassy area? It's not Green Hill, so what is it?

We'll probably find out when we see the full stage.

3 minutes ago, Scar said:

This a new screenshot and a nice one too. Look at that Sonic model. That is a nice Sonic model.

『ソニックマニア』は昔のファンが喜ぶ作品に! 『ソニックフォース』やシリーズ展開を飯塚さんが語る

See. I can be positive too!

Also the music. Its random. The tune is fun and quirky. Reminds me of Sonic 2 Multiplayer music for some reason. The problem is, it makes no sense. Why does it sound like actual mega drive music? Its a 3D game. It makes no sense. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

I think that MIGHT be from a CGi scene... Something about it looks too... I dunno...

Could be in-game.