Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

It's been a long time since I've felt his burned.

Take my absolute favorite and most anticipated premise for a Sonic game; one where Eggman actually takes over the world, and do almost everything I didn't want them to do with it.

When I wake up tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if Iizuka himself came to my house and handed me an envelope that said "Fuck you in particular. I hope you choke on this."

And I'd be all mad about it but then still spent the 50 bucks on his fucking game anyway.

Cause I'm a goddamn black sheep.

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

You're in the wroooooong neighborhood, my friend...

Hey I'm just telling it like is. Not my fault that Nintendo fans are a dying breed. :P

I think... Yeah, I'm totally getting a tumor right now. Excuse me while I go bash my head into a brick wall hoping to go into a coma so I no longer have to deal with this thread anymore.

4 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Hey I'm just telling it like is. Not my fault that Nintendo fans are a dying breed. :P

... I just don't know anymore. Is this it, have I found true despair. This mere post has finally given me the enlightenment that I needed all along.

Humans are a terrible race and need to come to extinction.

Spoiler

How do you block people again? I just can't with this guy anymore.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 minutes ago, Kintor said:

No offense but you shouldn't put too much stock in what NeoGAF has to say, that place is increasingly at odds with the rest of the gaming community; although NeoGAF is home to one of the last enclaves of Nintendo fans left anywhere on the internet. Regardless, the crucial thing about Sonic Forces is the way that it has gotten many gamers existing about the Sonic franchise again. It's been six years since Sonic Generations and a lot of people are ready to play another game just like it. Lost World and Sonic Boom were something to be mocked or ignored but Sonic Forces represents a high quality game that a lot of people are seriously considering buying. Sonic Forces won't solve the Sonic franchise's problems overnight but it's certainly getting back into the right frame of mind when it comes to Sonic games.

jMLf2NG.gif

I really don't think you get it. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I really don't think you get it. 

There's nothing controvesial about pointing out how Sonic Forces reception is remarkable more postive compared to either Lost World or Sonic Boom. Before Sonic franchise was in a nosedive, something most gamers could dismiss as not being worth a purchase. Sonic Forces has changed all that, now 3D Sonic games are once again being considered a legitimate AAA titles that people want to buy.

12 minutes ago, Kintor said:

AAA titles that people want to buy.

tumblr_oa3mxmWCHi1r8ijpio1_1280.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kintor said:

AAA titles that people want to buy.

Say what now?

Hope you liked Classic Sonic's music, 'cause it's all gonna sound like that.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Kintor said:

If you actually look back at the early era of 3D gaming, of which Sonic Adventure was a part since it was released in 1998, you'll see quite a lot of trial and era in how everything from collision detection to camera movement should work most effectively. Even so, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 remain two of the most consistently popular Sonic games ever made and are still readily available to download by modern gamers on a variety of digital services. Because while it's popular for certain segments of the gaming media to take cheap shots at the Adventure era that kind of mindless hatred doesn't really reflect the reality of the situation. The enduring popularity of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 amongst general gamers is on a similar level to the classic games, as they posse a timeless and enjoyable quality that keeps bringing people back even decades later.

You may believe it's impossible for a new Sonic game to please the entire Sonic fanbase but I frankly disagree. The announcement of Sonic Forces last year has done more to heal the general sense of animosity within the Sonic fanbase then six years of Lost World and Sonic Boom. The reason is quite obvious, most Sonic fans wanted to see a sequel to Sonic Generations and this is effectively what we've gotten in the form of Sonic Forces. The Sonic fanbase not only will survive but it will also thrive thanks to the success of Sonic Forces, because this game will provide the much needed stability that the Sonic franchise desperately needs. Moreover, that sense of stability also applies to the Sonic Fanbase; Sonic Forces gets everyone on the same page. No more Lost World. No more Sonic Boom. Just more boost games as the foundation for 3D Sonic going forward.

You... DO realise that opinions on games can change, right? Like, just because something was praised in the past doesn't always mean that it retains that high praise later on. And honestly, I'm pretty certain that both Adventure games fall into that category. I remember constantly hearing about them back when I'd just got into Sonic, but never got around to playing them until much later on. And when I did, I found them to be... okay, but nothing spectacular. But--and correct me if I'm wrong here--it sound to me like you're suggesting that, if someone doesn't give the same amount of high praise to these games as they recieved at launch, then they're opinion is... wrong?

Things change. Opinions change. Both Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 aren't necessarily considered to be on par with the classics anymore. Is that really so hard to understand?

As for the "success of Forces" stuff... um, what success? How can it already be successful when it's not even released yet?! There's absolutely NO guarantee that this will "succeed" as it currently stands, and there still won't be even if/when SEGA reveal more at E3. Especially when a majority of people's general thoughts on the game so far ranges from a measly "meh" to outright disapproval. Yes, there are those who are still looking forward to the game, and I don't have any issues with that. If they like what they see, then that's perfectly fine. But to suggest that this is a guaranteed success way before launch, I think, is absurd.

Feel free to disagree with me if you must, but I felt like I needed to express my thoughts on this while I had the chance.

(EDIT: Aaaaand now I've just seen the new page. I... just... WHAT?!)

Edited by Metal Sonic NEGA

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

please please improve

• Thumbs Up 9

12 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Tell me this is a parody account.

I don't wanna sound pessimistic (lol) but I DOUBT that this music is going to improve.

So in one side we are going to have rock and orchestral music goodness, and in the other we are going to have bad genesis imitation. And in my opinion the genesis sound chip was already very flawed to begin with.

Call me drama king, but nostalgia is killing my excitement for this game.

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Eh, didn't really find the music all that bad so it's whatever.

37 minutes ago, Kintor said:

No offense but you shouldn't put too much stock in what NeoGAF has to say, that place is increasingly at odds with the rest of the gaming community; although NeoGAF is home to one of the last enclaves of Nintendo fans left anywhere on the internet.

You are a fountain of nonsense. Even assuming Neogaf is some Nintendo hivemind (it isn't, nor is it one of the last places Nintendo fans exist on the internet) why would GAF having Nintendo fans somehow invalidate their consensus on Sonic Forces? Do Nintendo fans hate Sonic- Is that what you're getting at? Cause there are plenty of people on GAF who are hyped for Mania, but not Forces-  some of which also post here. 

Are you that desperate to write off any dissenting group? Or is your beef with Neogaf perhaps over something else? 

• Thumbs Up 6

18 minutes ago, Kintor said:

There's nothing controvesial about pointing out how Sonic Forces reception is remarkable more postive compared to either Lost World or Sonic Boom. Before Sonic franchise was in a nosedive, something most gamers could dismiss as not being worth a purchase. Sonic Forces has changed all that, now 3D Sonic games are once again being considered a legitimate AAA titles that people want to buy.

From who tho? Where exactly are you getting this from? That seems to be the one thing you keep ignoring 

5 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Well crap

46 minutes ago, Kintor said:

universal hate that Lost World

Hyperbolism and unfunny jokes won't get you far, old chum.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Say what now?

Would you prefer if I used the phrase 'AAA games'? It basically means, the highest tier of new releases, the kind of thing publishers can charge the maximum price point for and gamers agree to that price, seeing it as a fair value. Anyway, the key point here is that Sonic Forces is being considered a major purchase, alongside all the other big releases this year. This is a huge step up for the Sonic franchise, after Lost World and Sonic Boom in particular reduced the Sonic franchise into an unsellable joke.

1 minute ago, Metal Sonic NEGA said:

You... DO realise that opinions on games can change, right? Like, just because something was praised in the past doesn't always mean that it retains that high praise later on. And honestly, I'm pretty certain that both Adventure games fall into that category. I remember constantly hearing about them back when I'd just got into Sonic, but never got around to playing them until much later on. And when I did, I found them to be... okay, but nothing spectacular. But--and correct me if I'm wrong here--it sound to me like you're suggesting that, if someone doesn't give the same amount of high praise to these games as they recieved at launch, then they're opinion is... wrong?

Opinions do change but I argue that the negative perception of Sonic Adventure in gaming today is completly overblown. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 contine to find an audeince amongst modern gamers, as both are still readily available for download on digital services. These Dreamcast games are a product of their time, as part of the early 3D era and people understand that. Dreamcast era ports have actually become quite popular on Steam in particular, most gamers don't mind a few glitches and bugs from these older games as they are now quite affordable and worth the risk of an impulse purchase.

11 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Also, @ everyone else, if you don't like someone's posts...you don't gotta reply! Like, if you find yourself making meta commentary on a member along the lines of "How do you block people again?"...that's kind of a big sign you probably shouldn't be engaging in the first place! C'mon!!!

Aye, my bad mate. Shouldn't have taken the bait but I did, RIP.

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

LWcrbBg.gif

It truly is a long way down to the ground when that hype train just fell off the fucking cliff the instant I saw Classic Sonic appear in that reveal trailer from way back.

Hrugghgh...

• Thumbs Up 7

My apologies, @Celestia. I didn't intend for any hostility.

23 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Well, I mean... it can't ALL be bad, right? ...Right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can please send Ohtani a polite tweet saying how we want Classic Sonic's music to improve?

Before is too late?

3 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Can please send Othani a polite tweet saying how we want Classic Sonic's music to improve?

Before is too late?

Ohtani's pretty active in seeing what fans say about his music. Pretty sure he knows by now. It's probably why he went and said that GHZ's music was a WIP.

It's already too late...hopeless. Not worth the time...pointless.

Accept or don't accept it as is.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

It truly is a long way down to the ground when that hype train just fell off the fucking cliff the instant I saw Classic Sonic appear in that reveal trailer from way back.

Hrugghgh...

Seeing classic Sonic shouldn't be a game breaker for you, especially given the hype that surrounded the reveal trailer. In the end classic Sonic is simply another part of Sonic Forces and an expected one, given the obvious inspiration of Sonic Forces as a game.