Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

If most Sonic fans actually cared about the Sonic Boom games they might've considered using the games as examples of making use out of those characters.

27 minutes ago, Mat.W said:

Loving the typical Sonic fan replies here, never satisfied ever.

To be fair, most people are really hyped for Mania :P .

As for 2017, we just don't know enough about it to say. We need gameplay footage.

If its like Generations and more wide and open I will love it.

I'll be more let down if it is claustraphobic like Unleashed.

52 minutes ago, Mel said:

Sam is only saying that standing on a moving platform and doing nothing clashes with the pace of a Sonic game.

Not sure why so many people are strawmanning this as 'I don't want any platforming'.

I would say, in defense of Mania, the moving platforms are very brief and they are placed next to beautiful scenery. So i think the devs know not to go overboard with it.

Knuckles and Amy have literally been in every Sonic game since Generations. That is 5 years.

So I think it is pretty likely.

And in both games they did shit. 

In loat world Knuckles had three lines of dialogue at most none of which was important to the story. And Amy did nothing either. You could take both of them out of the game and nothing of value would be lost and the story wouldn't change.

And like nep said in generations everyone did nothing and when they did have the chance they were only cheerleaders

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

Do you have anything better to add to the discussion than an embittered holier-than-thou remark? No? Then don't even bother posting.

you have classic sonic as your picture you should be overjoyed

2 minutes ago, Mel said:

To be fair, most people are really hyped for Mania :P .

As for 2017, we just don't know enough about it to say. We need gameplay footage.

If its like Generations and more wide and open I will love it.

I'll be more let down if it is claustraphobic like Unleashed.

Oh I know that well, but we probably won`t be getting that until at least the beginning of next year, we`ll probably get more info on it soon enough but I can`t see us getting much considering the game comes out around like November next year.

now i haven't seen anyone talk about it but what if iizuka is being genuine? what if what he's saying isn't just pr? what if it actually is something completely different than we've seen? like yeah it has boost but it works differently. in the trailer there is a distinct chance that classic sonic boosts and i'm having trouble thinking of a design reason to include him if he's so mechanically similar to modern sonic since they could just give modern sonic 2d sidescrolling levels if they were doing that. i guess they could be using him as a way to solidify completely 3d  gameplay for modern sonic without the perspective switches mid level into 2d but it seems like a thin justification for his presence unless there's more to it. also i think the fact that there are 3 robots is interesting (although probably not telling of anything) because if the popular theory regarding that holds true then it means a third gameplay style and a better justification for classic sonic from a design perspective since it wouldn't be about comparing just him and modern sonic anymore. i'm conflicted on that idea though because if that was the case they likely would've shown said 3rd character in the trailer and because except for boom sonic there really isn't anyone who works for the 3rd character. still, on the subject of other characters i think the "join the resistance" tagline combined with iizukas insistence that it is a "new experience" in his words is the best clue we have to suggest that we'll be getting other (possibly playable) characters. if there are other playable character then it makes sense that they would have to change the way sonic plays so the other characters don't wind up feeling the same as him while boosting and become able to have their own abilities. it doesn't mean there wont be boosting in this hypothetical scenario but maybe it'll be more subdued so the others don't have to move so fast. on the other hand if it is all just pr and it is just generations 2 in all but name and story, then will classic sonics gameplay change? it's much harder to analyse modern sonic since there isn't anything new or distinct that stands out about how he was before but it really does look like classic sonic can boost. i'm genuinely curious as to why he's back aside from the obvious "generations sold well". iizuka used the words new experience to describe this, he didn't just say "not a sequel". i know i'm speculating a lot and probably reaching a lot too, after all it could just as easily be that he used "new experience" to literally mean not the same game but i can't stop thinking that maybe he meant it and the trailer is a bit misleading.

37 minutes ago, herfor1reason said:

now i haven't seen anyone talk about it but what if iizuka is being genuine? what if what he's saying isn't just pr? what if it actually is something completely different than we've seen? like yeah it has boost but it works differently. in the trailer there is a distinct chance that classic sonic boosts and i'm having trouble thinking of a design reason to include him if he's so mechanically similar to modern sonic since they could just give modern sonic 2d sidescrolling levels if they were doing that. i guess they could be using him as a way to solidify completely 3d  gameplay for modern sonic without the perspective switches mid level into 2d but it seems like a thin justification for his presence unless there's more to it. also i think the fact that there are 3 robots is interesting (although probably not telling of anything) because if the popular theory regarding that holds true then it means a third gameplay style and a better justification for classic sonic from a design perspective since it wouldn't be about comparing just him and modern sonic anymore. i'm conflicted on that idea though because if that was the case they likely would've shown said 3rd character in the trailer and because except for boom sonic there really isn't anyone who works for the 3rd character. still, on the subject of other characters i think the "join the resistance" tagline combined with iizukas insistence that it is a "new experience" in his words is the best clue we have to suggest that we'll be getting other (possibly playable) characters. if there are other playable character then it makes sense that they would have to change the way sonic plays so the other characters don't wind up feeling the same as him while boosting and become able to have their own abilities. it doesn't mean there wont be boosting in this hypothetical scenario but maybe it'll be more subdued so the others don't have to move so fast. on the other hand if it is all just pr and it is just generations 2 in all but name and story, then will classic sonics gameplay change? it's much harder to analyse modern sonic since there isn't anything new or distinct that stands out about how he was before but it really does look like classic sonic can boost. i'm genuinely curious as to why he's back aside from the obvious "generations sold well". iizuka used the words new experience to describe this, he didn't just say "not a sequel". i know i'm speculating a lot and probably reaching a lot too, after all it could just as easily be that he used "new experience" to literally mean not the same game but i can't stop thinking that maybe he meant it and the trailer is a bit misleading.

lol what if the fella was right, I`d laugh.

13775767_1598063397157705_5977459337838127190_n.jpg

i just noticed something. modern sonic doesn't seem surprised to see classic sonic in the trailer. now this could be because it's a marketing trailer and its only connection to the story is that it conveys the general tone and details like "classic sonic is back" and "something happens in a city" or it could mean that this happens after the events which have brought modern and classic together.

Honestly I thought it would be the game opening like we had In Colors and Generations since the teasers for those turned out the be the intros.

i don't either but honestly i'm working with what i have. we can't be sure when we'll get information about the game so i'm trying to figure out what i can until then (summer of sonic might have something but i'm not gonna count on that for now). still the animation might be able to clue us in on more details.

5 hours ago, Mat.W said:

Loving the typical Sonic fan replies here, never satisfied ever.

How are we supposed to be satisfied by a vague CGI teaser for something that isn't out yet?

• Thumbs Up 8

21 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

SA:

4b99212d43869f112d5f35a91ef97b0e.jpg

Humans that look a little realistic, but still has Sonic design aspects to at least ground them in that world.

Sigh, still the best approach to humans the series had,  now long gone sadly. 

1 hour ago, Mat.W said:

I don't know how reliable this "leak" is but I hope that this doesn't become true because at that point, all the Sonic OCs have been basically endorsed by Sega if they let you play them. Doesn't sound right to me. And "Sonic Wars" sounds like a Sonic version of Clash of Clans. BUT, if they replaced this "buddy" guy with Boom Sonic, I'd be ok with the story.

On 2016-7-26 at 0:33 PM, Mat.W said:

lol what if the fella was right, I`d laugh

who is this clown? Where did you find this? ?

Larry is Wentos' cousin once removed who works at Capcom, trust him, he knows his shit

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Mat.W said:

There's not much point in posting rumors without any evidence to back them up, so please refrain from doing so in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

who is this clown? Where did you find this? ???

sonic stadium comments lmao

everyone I know the comment was fake I just found it worth a chuckle

42 minutes ago, Terriful said:

I don't know how reliable this "leak" is but I hope that this doesn't become true because at that point, all the Sonic OCs have been basically endorsed by Sega if they let you play them. Doesn't sound right to me. And "Sonic Wars" sounds like a Sonic version of Clash of Clans. BUT, if they replaced this "buddy" guy with Boom Sonic, I'd be ok with the story.

it`s not reliable at all

Well that sounds... like a hopeful something.

I'd like The Chaotix to show up. If Eggman has taken over a city, Vector and crew could be behind the scenes trying to stop it, helping residents and such while gathering information, though you'd only ever see them in cutscenes if something vital came up, such as them finding out that Eggman plans to attack a neighbouring city and telling Sonic so he'd have a head start. Getting them playable would just be a bonus.

Also, someone must be a big fan of both Sonic and Star Wars to consider making an idea that sounds like Eggman Strikes Back. Or more likely The Speed Awakens.

something that bears thinking about with regards to the trailer is that, at least since generations the trailers have communicated sonic's abilities in game.

Just a random theory, but the whole 'Eggman takes over the place and makes apocalyptic nightmare' almost comes off like a mythology gag to the Satam/Archie storyline. What if this one is a step further up from Generations? Generations was a homage to games of old. This could be a homage to ALL INTERPRETATIONS of old.

• Thumbs Up 1