Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I have been thinking lately that perhaps Green Hill is the only throwback level in the game; rather than a straight retread of Generations's ideas, it becomes instead a direct callback to the way Generations opened before moving Classic Sonic into the proper Forces storyline.  This theory would imply that Green Hill Zone is radically different in style to the rest of the game.  It's difficult to make that call without knowing more about the game's structure, though, and the sand and Forces-style Badniks very much imply it's closely-integrated with the rest of the story rather than being detached.  Add that to the fact that Sonic Team's decisions won't necessarily make sense...

• Thumbs Up 6

It translates:

"From the graffiti of the reference proposal (serious) # Sonic Force"

Possible cutscene concept for Forces? That looks like Classic Sonic who may have just beaten a robot...

• Thumbs Up 4

53 minutes ago, JezMM said:

It's a bit choose your own adventure regarding this one.  Either tweet 1 is more true and in tweet 2, "levels", the plural, was a typo since Ohtani's english isn't strong, OR tweet 2 is more true and tweet 1 just meant in terms of melody/mood or the PARTICULAR synths used.

I'm banking on the latter of the two options here. Regardless, I'm still confused how anyone can find the Green Hill track he made for Forces appealing at all. I actually enjoy Splash Hill Zone's music more than I did Force's Green Hill Zone... that's got to be saying something. :/

The melody is fine, but the instruments just fucking suck.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, McGroose said:

I'm banking on the latter of the two options here. Regardless, I'm still confused how anyone can find the Green Hill track he made for Forces appealing at all. I actually enjoy Splash Hill Zone's music more than I did Force's Green Hill Zone... that's got to be saying something. :/

The melody is fine, but the instruments just fucking suck.

Folks all over YouTube are heralding it like I said so don't expect SEGA to do the smart thing and tell ST to improve/change it.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, JezMM said:

It's a bit choose your own adventure regarding this one.  Either tweet 1 is more true and in tweet 2, "levels", the plural, was a typo since Ohtani's english isn't strong, OR tweet 2 is more true and tweet 1 just meant in terms of melody/mood or the PARTICULAR synths used.

Guess I never saw that first tweet, just the second. It does seem like it could be either one, so hopefully the music for Classic's stages shape up to be much better.

If this is a time travel story in the vein of Sonic going to the past before anything happened, it'll be really fun to point out all the pardoxes and holes, that'll give us something to talk about definitely when the game is out. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Well we're getting new info tomorrow 

Ohhoho! Color me intrigued.

Inb4 another 20 pages of arguing

• Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Looks like we're getting news tomorrow

Probably the boss of Green Hill given the background, either pre-boss or post from the looks of it.

Could be something either booting up or prepping to fall apart.

Maybe it's Classic Sonic rapidly running around it to make a tornado instead of just standing there with an "ooohhhh" look on his face like all of Generations cut scenes...

Oops.

Lets hope whatever it is looks more finished than the rest of Green Hill itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Object in the lower-left corner has the same grille-like pattern as the object on the right.  Odds are that, as with Heavy Gunner previously, it is once again Baddie Leg Day, and this is one of Eggman's vile creations.  It took me a minute to pick up on what all the cable flying about was for, but then I noticed it was wrapping around the right-hand "leg"; Sonic's pulling off the old trick of wrapping its legs together to topple it.  ...Perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Object in the lower-left corner has the same grille-like pattern as the object on the right.  Odds are that, as with Heavy Gunner previously, it is once again Baddie Leg Day, and this is one of Eggman's vile creations.  It took me a minute to pick up on what all the cable flying about was for, but then I noticed it was wrapping around the right-hand "leg"; Sonic's pulling off the old trick of wrapping its legs together to topple it.  ...Perhaps.

I hope they make him move that much instead of standing around by and large again.

If anything maybe, just MAYBE they will go for Sonic CD in all of their cut scenes, but that's likely setting myself up for frustration.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, -Ace- said:

Hmmm I wonder if this is related

I think that's just Eggman in the background showing up on scene.

Just needs that Wrecking Ball song.

10 minutes ago, -Ace- said:

Translation: "T.M.Revolution tomorrow?"

Uhhhhh....

Reveal hidden contents

This is T.M.Revolution by the way

Sonic Forces Theme confirmed to have japanese singer?

T.M. Revolution's an incredibly popular artist in JP IIRC; I know Goodsmile are doing a bunch of figure collabs to mark the anniversary of one of his songs. It's probably just a joke. 

can't decide whether that image is concept art or a CG/in-engine thing. I swear it looks painted as fuck, but I've seen tons of folks swearing it's in-engine to the point idk what to believe. Hrm. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Pic looks interesting. Seems like Sonic Forces will start in Green Hill Zone without any cutscene prior, just like Generations did, and then a cutscene with this machine will play after you finish the stage.

Yeah it's probably just a joke but my God if they get him to do some music I swear. 

He performed one of my favorite Anime openings :wub:

• Thumbs Up 2

You know what worries me the most about this game...

That it'll be written by Pontac and Graff again.

You all want Sonic's friends to return...but have you considered that having them be absent as of late is actually a blessing in disguise?

Will it even matter if they are back if they are going to be written like crap!?

...Let's all just hold on till tommorow, assuming we're getting an info drop anyways...

• Thumbs Up 3