Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I kinda hope we get the character creator shit tomorrow now.

Tomorrow will be funny as hell if we do

• Thumbs Up 6

apparently gameinformer editors have seen the full modern level. they have heard the walkie-talkie dialogue, too.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

Bruh. I was already interested into what we'd see, now I'm, dare I say it, hyped?

BusterFacePalm.gif

And you just jinxed everything.

Hyped is the one word to never, ever, EVER use pre-title launch in this franchise. As soon as that word comes into the picture, oy veh. It ruins it for yourself several times over.

Moderately interested or anything but hyped is always the preferable thing to use. Otherwise your fury/frustration will be your own doing.

...Say, there's a good new rule to put in place. Just uh... Yep.

Anyways, in regards to a Japanese vocalist, have we ever had a theme song for a title come in multiple languages?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Hyped is the one word to never, ever, EVER use pre-title launch in this franchise. As soon as that word comes into the picture, oy veh. It ruins it for yourself several times over.

Moderately interested or anything but hyped is always the preferable thing to use. Otherwise your fury/frustration will be your own doing.

I could very well do with out that motto and montra.  Joke or not,  it's not funny anymore. And it's turning into a demoralization tactic than actual words of wisdom. 

I get that some don't want to overhype themselves,  and that's fine, but don't put down the efforts to hype,  unless it's blind praise, that is. 

We can let people be hyped without that wisecrack. Or at least try to be more clever with it like some others here strive to do. 

And we can certainly do without people going into a firenze frenze MO of reacting that way whenever someone dares say "I'm hyped".

Yeeshka, settle down there, man. 

10 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

If it's like something do, then we need to consider a very real possibility. 

In Sonic Forces, Sonic's aim is to not collect Chaos Emeralds, or even stop Eggman. 

In Sonic Forces, Sonic must build a shrine to worship Taiga Aisaka. World Exclusive, this.

Dark timeline where Eggman rules replaces Taiga shrine with a Miku one.

Whatever we're getting tomorrow, I'm excited. I'm relatively easy to please, don't judge me.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Josh said:
Tracker creates fake photoshops and shit all the time... Character creator?

I dunno, the leap from fake leaks and the like to OCs seems kinda big? Only real similarity is creating something that's derivative in some way, and even that's a stretch.

Not saying that he absolutely isn't hinting it's a character creator (it could be anything at this point, lol), but if so it seems like an odd way of putting it. Unless "you" refers to "fandom in general" or something.

• Thumbs Up 7

55 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Sonic Forces- We can't give up by NinjaHaku21

I don't know you guys but I want to see something like this in the game.

Depending on who the writers are a scene like this would probably feature some action accompanied by some sort of "Where's Tails with our pizza?!" dialogue.

Can't fight on an empty stomach.

I dunno, the leap from fake leaks and the like to OCs seems kinda big? Only real similarity is creating something that's derivative in some way, and even that's a stretch.

Not saying that he absolutely isn't hinting it's a character creator (it could be anything at this point, lol), but if so it seems like an odd way of putting it. Unless "you" refers to "fandom in general" or something.

If it really is a Character Creator feature then as long as there's clothing that includes a leather jacket and/or leather trench coat then I'm satisfied.

And some shades...

And boots...

Then we're good.

If the character creation thing really is what's being revealed I literally cannot wait until tomorrow.

I can see it now...

dcubXtnbck0RG.gif

(Sega is Oprah, everyone else is the audience.)

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

If the character creation thing really is what's being revealed I literally cannot wait until tomorrow.

I can see it now...

dcubXtnbck0RG.gif

(Sega is Oprah, everyone else is the audience.)

Uhhhh....

So....

Everyone will be... In pain...?

Is this an "We'll all die together!!" kind of gag? lol

News tomorrow? Character creation?

Well....it's been fun, Azoo. Hope you stick around, at least!

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

BusterFacePalm.gif

And you just jinxed everything.

Anyways, in regards to a Japanese vocalist, have we ever had a theme song for a title come in multiple languages?

Uh...what? I might not have any hype for Forces myself, but people are allowed to be excited. Heck, I'm happy for them. Maybe the game will actually turn out good and/or fulfill the hyped person's personal preferences nicely even if they don't match mine or yours. Just don't get why you'd want to police the words others use.

• Thumbs Up 6

40 minutes ago, Celestia said:

You're probably right, but what if you're not

• Thumbs Up 3

If the character creator is indeed real then it's probably a smart move to reveal it like this. Making the announcement tomorrow will give everyone time to discuss and get used to the idea before E3 starts.

So basically we're looking at several weeks of unrestrained insanity within the Sonic fanbase, followed by an E3 hype trailer.

Should be fun for all concerned! ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Then all I can do is hope everyone can stay calm and act like adults about it.

My fucking sides. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I realize that the character creator theory doesn't have much to substantiate it right now, but the idea is so ridiculous that it's feasible enough for Sonic Team to attempt.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Well we're getting new info tomorrow 

Dunno man, looks more 3D in game? Could be some poster art, or a cutscene?

E3 may not be far away, but perhaps that just indicates that whatever they're revealing today is going to set up SEGA's approach to the game at E3; get the reveals out of the way so they can focus on execution at E3.

6 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

can't decide whether that image is concept art or a CG/in-engine thing. I swear it looks painted as fuck, but I've seen tons of folks swearing it's in-engine to the point idk what to believe. Hrm. 

At first I thought it was in-engine, but with a kind of muddied effect to make it less obvious.  Now I'm less sure; the leaves certainly look painted, but there's something about the lighting and all the weird particle effects that make it look more like a still from an odd moment in a trailer.  ...Leaning towards concept art at this point; the stuff I find weird will probably make sense in context.

4 hours ago, Celestia said:

That is more or less how I read it, yes.  Something the fandom already does, except official, and therefore it feels wrong...  That does sound like it could be a character creator.

Popcorn at the ready.  I just hope they don't reveal it too late in the day by U.K. time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I've said my opinion on the create-a-character thing since the thread had always moved on by the time I got here.

I'm pretty OK with it. I like Character creators, so I guess this could be some fun. It'S not something I necessarily need, but I'll probably enjoy it nonetheless. As a kid, I'd have fucking adored it. It'll definitely be mocked by non-fans, though, but that's nothing new.

I did have a fan-character growing up, so that might have something to do with it. Hell, I'm pretty sure I used him as my avatar when I joined here. And I was already like 17 then. >_>

4 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

BusterFacePalm.gif

Is that an adult Buster or a miscolored Bugs?

2 hours ago, Judge Bot said:

Dunno man, looks more 3D in game? Could be some poster art, or a cutscene?

It's concept art. You can tell better at full-size: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_5rVIVVYAAp9ww.jpg:orig. Or they put some filters over a screenshot. :-/

• Thumbs Up 2

So long as it has more than a hedgehog body, I'm good.
After all, I want to play as a chameleon again.

"What's that? You want to play as characters other than Sonic? Here, make them yourself."

The internet will probably be in absolute ruins by the time today is over.

• Thumbs Up 7