Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, Boomer said:

Well there goes any remaining interest I had in the game. They have so many other characters that they've neglected for so many years that they could have used instead. 

If its like xenoverse, you might be able to just unlock them and play as them. 

Though story stuff with be your character specific 

Park Avenue? I LIVED on a Park Avenue during college. What the bajeezits. That's generic

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks fine to me....

Honestly saw this comming and I like the idea anyway

Looks awesome. Though the gameplay is a bit slower than I'd like and it's still too linear.

Other than that, it isn't a beat em up, so I'm happy.

Well, except that now @Azoo is leaving forever. Eh, there's always Twitter I guess.

HOLY. SHIT.

I honestly didn't see this trailer coming though, weren't they saving this for E3?

Anyway, I had a feeling CaC was gonna happen and I'm still hyped, it still looks pretty decent to be honest.

The closet thing I have to a negative reaction is the fact that it isn't Adventure gameplay...

@Radiant Hero Ike I don't think he's leaving SSMB, just simply retiring as a mod.

Just now, Kintor said:

So then From the Destructiod article:

• Wolf -- Automatically draws in rings when near them

• Rabbit -- Has longer invincible time after receiving damage

• Cat -- Keeps one ring after being hit

• Dog -- Restarts with five rings after the player dies

• Bear -- Blows away enemies with a homing attack

• Bird -- Flies high with double jump abilities

• Hedgehog -- Collects rings when getting damaged

Which mechanic seems most useful to all of you? Or will you choose based purely on which species you like the most?

Good question. I think I'll mess around with all of them before settling on one. I'll probably eventually stick with Hedgehog though.

You know I might actually think this was cool if not for the stigma surrounding Sonic OCs, lol. Still, who knows, maybe they'll bypass that stigma.

• Thumbs Up 3

See folks?

This is why you should've never complained about multiple characters and differentiating game play in the series.

Hope yer happy boys and girls. You made this happen. Have fun boilin' in yer own stew.

hpkA8LF.gif

1 minute ago, Kintor said:

So then From the Destructiod article:

• Wolf -- Automatically draws in rings when near them

• Rabbit -- Has longer invincible time after receiving damage

• Cat -- Keeps one ring after being hit

• Dog -- Restarts with five rings after the player dies

• Bear -- Blows away enemies with a homing attack

• Bird -- Flies high with double jump abilities

• Hedgehog -- Collects rings when getting damaged

Which mechanic seems most useful to all of you? Or will you choose based purely on which species you like the most?

Hmm, I'm thinking Bird when platform wise and Dog if you suck that bad.:lol:....like me.

So....the new gameplay style is just Modern Sonic with a grappling hook....Wow that's so underwhelming. Even the Forces exclusive gimmick is lazy. I had incredibly low expectations and still managed to be disappointed. I'm fine with the character creation thing, it's the fact that the new gameplay style is just Boost with gadgets that disappoints me.

Personally, I can't decide which mechanic would be the most advantageous. The bird's double jump as an obvious utility. Yet the cat's one ring after being hit could be a real life saver in tough boss battles.

Park Avenue's theme is kinda reminding me of Sonic R's OST.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, -Robin- said:

What got me intrigued the most was the use of Wisps in that Modern Sonic footage. Dunno if that was showcased for forces before.

That's how Wisps should be treated as a gameplay element. A quick button press to trigger a quick action like with Burst there. It doesn't break the flow of the gameplay and, in the case of Burst there, complements the level design without compromising speed, just the way I like it.

I love this too, I hope all the other Wisps follow suit by not interrupting the music as well, on that note.

God you guys have no idea how happy I am about the vocal music thing I haven't had an excited gasp at a game trailer like this since Mario Odyssey.

• Thumbs Up 9

Huh. It looks alright. There's also vocals in the stage so that's pretty interesting.