Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Holy fucking shit. I knew a character creator was a possibility, but I wasn't actually expecting it to happen. I'm literally shaking right now.

The new character and its gameplay looks awesome! I can't wait to personally try it out. It seems fast paced, too, like a Sonic game should be. Another reason for me to get this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ha, I knew there's a character creation in there. As someone who likes that kind of stuff, I'm slightly interested. Guess my old sonic ocs will be put to good use after all. 

When I saw the thumbnail on Youtube, my heart kinda sunk..Like, I actually knew this was gonna happen ever since the damned rumour, the tweets from Dtoid writer, bland silhouette etc..And yet..This didn't look too bad I guess, I mean it's still and OC maker, but it looks neat gameplay wise - at least until I come to my senses.

but if ya' were gonna put a character in with a hook shot swinging gimmick why not a lovable fishing cat, I mean c'mon. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I really can't stand the stage layout I'm seeing.

The music is great and the character creator isn't the worst abomination to hit this franchise but the stage layout is worse than LW in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 6

As I said before, I'm cool with a character creator. And hey, you can make a rabbit, which my old fan character was! IDI the Bunny will return.

8 minutes ago, Kintor said:

So then From the Destructiod article:

• Wolf -- Automatically draws in rings when near them

• Rabbit -- Has longer invincible time after receiving damage

• Cat -- Keeps one ring after being hit

• Dog -- Restarts with five rings after the player dies

• Bear -- Blows away enemies with a homing attack

• Bird -- Flies high with double jump abilities

• Hedgehog -- Collects rings when getting damaged

Which mechanic seems most useful to all of you? Or will you choose based purely on which species you like the most?

I don't like the abilities being tied to the animals. They should be separate.

Wolf and Bird seem to have the most useful skills, but I'll probably stick with the rabbit.

Boy, i can't wait to see Sonichu and Coldsteel in full HD 60fps action.

• Thumbs Up 7

Larry right now-

tumblr_inline_oogidxBsBf1taxesp_400.gif

I'm gonna state my thoughts later but currently? I'm in utter disbelief.

• Thumbs Up 4

It looks like the custom character doesn't have its own stages, he/she just goes through the Modern Sonic stage in the trailer, at least the 3D sections are the same. If it's like that it's nothing more than unuseful padding.

Besides. If they're doing this OC thing they really don't understand what the fanbase has been asking for the past 10 years. Why this OC thing when they could've had Tails, Knuckles, and stuff like that, look at how they handled the characters in the Generations challenges.

Where's my damn chameleon?

Ah, I can live without it, since I at least play as a rabbit.

Looking good with the creator. From the gameplay footage it seems I might actually enjoy Wisps this time around. Also, vocal themes within gameplay? I hope we can hear the full of that theme at E3, as I absolutely want more of it.

The custom shit looks pretty harmless but the actual level design and movement is still bugging the SHIT out of me, man. Looks so static and dull.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Carbo said:

Sigh they put grappling hooks in

Now I have to like the game just on principle

It looks like it's entirely automated though so it's still shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

Huh, they managed to handle it quite well. The couple of examples shown look nice. 

Also it does look like that red wolf would be considered the default for the reference of future games. Cool beans.