Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Allow 'robot appendages' as a customisation option and display the grappling hook as a hand cosmetically. Potential Bunnie Rabbot.

We can dream can't we? :P

• Thumbs Up 5

This is actually a lot better than I initially feared. The level design for them (and modern Sonic if they share the same style) is actually better than I expected.

Have higher hopes for the game than before. Heck I wonder if this style is even mandatory given how they play identically to Modern Sonic.

6 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Now that I take another look, the character designs look a bit weird. Instead of the "anime-like" style that most Sonic characters have, the options we've seen in the trailer look a lot like something from the Sonic Boom cartoon.

...I'm not sure what difference you're seeing between the two.

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Sonic Xenoverse is a reality now, guys.

And I love it!

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

If the OHC will appear in cutscenes, it means no pre-rendered cinematics? :(

Imagine all the money they will save, SEGA loves saving money.

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

0USpW3I.png

JUST WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!

...Generic?

Well, that's a response likely better suited for a "WHAT do you think I am?" kind of question.

Meh.

12 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Now that I take another look, the character designs look a bit weird. Instead of the "anime-like" style that most Sonic characters have, the options we've seen in the trailer look a lot like something from the Sonic Boom cartoon.

That was something I noticed too. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole Character Creator thing and the grappling hooks and the stuff was supposed to be Boom Sonic's entry into this Generations-esque "not sequel",but the crappy reception meant they had to nix it and make it more generic.

• Thumbs Up 9

Uh, regarding CGI cutscenes for the CaC.

I'm pretty sure your custom hero will appear in the regular in game cutscenes while they'll techinally be present in the cinematic cutscenes...just off-screen.

It worked for other games didn't it?

Great team (modern) Sonic. You're literally the only one in your team who could speak.

I mean unless this is Saints Row levels of customisation, each animal will have unique voices. Otherwise they're are mute like Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Well there goes any remaining interest I had in the game. They have so many other characters that they've neglected for so many years that they could have used instead. 

Maybe we can make Amies and Tailseseseses?

This idea is so out there, so ridiculous, so outrageous considering the history of this fandom that the mere thought that the official Sonic Team would dedicate developing time towards it and make it (somewhat) the selling point of their current mainline Sonic game (and I might add, technically the 25th anniversary game) that it falls under the hilarious territory.

It might not even be bad, it might be implemented in a way that makes for an interesting experience and so far I'd go and say it's the only most interesting aspect of the game so far (not to mention it's certainly something that in another point of my life I would have called a dream come true). But it's just so mind blowingly silly that I can't help but laugh.

So I'm like a melting pot of emotions right now.

EDIT: I'm slightly upset at the lack of variety on animal selection tho.

• Thumbs Up 2

The absolute madmen.

I'm honestly pretty into this personally, but I'm not sure if this was worth Azoo leaving the board forever. :c Oh well. Nothing lasts forever, rest easy hero, etc.

• Thumbs Up 7

My god...

Welp, guess that means most of DeviantArt's buying this, so it's already a money maker.  Looks good, I guess, the gameplay seems solid enough and thank god we've got vocal tracks again.  It's been too long.  Now confirm Crush 40 already!

Just now, -Robin- said:

Few things I noticed 

C_9dTqmUIAAkd3q.jpg

The path does split off slightly if you choose not to use the grapple hook. The building's got a slope that lets you go further right.

C_9dWCCU0AAknzm.jpg

Going up that slope takes you to a trick ramp. So the Heroes can perform Tricks of their own while progressing midjump. I guess Tricks power up their Wispons?

C_9dWFQUwAAj1_M.jpg

This grapple point is a different color from the rest. And given what happens with this one, these yellow points may be automated to put you back down on the floor, instead of going freefall towards the stage or another grapple point with momentum.

C_9dWFPVYAAdM6T.jpg

C_9e9HyUMAAP-HJ.jpg

The transparent Wisp capsule changes colors. Maybe the Wisps toggle.

C_9e9HzUIAAiuC7.jpg

Red Rings in Heroes stages.

Everything is either too clustered or too spaced out/empty in this game.

I also want to point out there aren't any echidna options.

All echidna's are belong to Penders.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

0USpW3I.png

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!

I wonder if the character creation took up "40%" of the budget. :^)

• Thumbs Up 1

If the rumour about the custom hero being called "Buddy" by other characters is true, I'm not going to be able to not think about this the entire way through the game

(i.e. It sounds painfully silly)

• Thumbs Up 5