Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

So how long before someone figures out how to create Shrek?

Though personally, I might try to make the Fleetway Sonic the Comic characters.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

If the rumour about the custom hero being called "Buddy" by other characters is true, I'm not going to be able to not think about this the entire way through the game

Leaked Cut-Scene.

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing I love to hate most is the fact that the trailer has a "super epic and tragic background music", but the footage is all jumpy and colorful. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Ohh, Lets add fuel to this fire.

Yeap, Your character is part of the story, Not a seperate game mode.

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Challenge. Look at each of these images and tell yourself. 

"This is a Sonic Game"

LkgfOZa.jpg

TRslCnc.jpg

oQjydxJ.jpg

8mF4LnU.jpg

Y'know what? 

Idk about everyone else, but I genuinely think that these character templates look a lot cooler and just more interesting than Shadow has ever looked in his entire existence.

Yeah, you know what I said. 

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

The thing I love to hate most is the fact that the trailer has a "super epic and tragic background music", but the footage is all jumpy and colorful. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

I've already said the reasoning, paranoia, a fear to take anything "too seriously" basically for fear of backlash.

Being too Sonic is a taboo nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

I don't understand it either but I'm glad they're the way round that they are.  I'm very impressed that they made such a destroyed envioronment so pleasing to the eye (compared to something like Crisis City), and the music is gorgeously fitting IMO, both tracks we've heard.  They both have an intense "serious" energy to them that suits the stage while also being upbeat and full of the energy of overcoming and survival rather than threat and intimidation.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have many thoughts about this at the moment, but for now the only one worth mentioning in the chaos are my stakes in it all. The third gameplay style was my last holdout for the game having something I wanted from a big, 3D Sonic game. Actual, 3D stages, even if it had gimmicks aplenty.

So, to see that the gameplay for this basically takes place in a remixed portion of Modern Sonic's level.... Kills my interest in it faster than Classic Sonic ever did

More hallway to run down, except this time, there are enemies to defeat en mass

Sigh

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

I can't get behind this at all. It's not as awful as it could have been, but it still shouldn't actually be a thing. It does feel like Forces is a real "fuck you" to entire series, and many of the longer-lasting fans. While I understand the appeal of a character creator, the last place it belongs is in a main series title alongside two other Sonics. It desperately screams of trying to appeal to everyone. 

Modern Sonic is there to keep the modern fans interested, Classic Sonic is there to appease the classic fans and the Custom Character is there to appeal solely to kids and new players - the custom character is clearly the crux of this game with the two other Sonics being slapped on to appease the rest of the crowd.

You know what? Why not have this entire game set in a world where Sonic and his friends don't exist? Keep it separate. It could be the start of an entirely different spinoff series.

I'm fine with it, but this is very fair criticism and I definitely feel Classic Sonic in particular has no place in this game.  A spin-off title like you describe would've actually been pretty cool, though I can appreciate that SEGA don't have the resources to be making three big proper Sonic games at once.

16 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Challenge. Look at each of these images and tell yourself. 

"This is a Sonic Game"

LkgfOZa.jpg

TRslCnc.jpg

oQjydxJ.jpg

8mF4LnU.jpg

If you got to this point and still believed that, you win 4 points. 

There are literally Golden Rings in the last one dude. Jesus Christ what doesn't this fandom have a pointless obnoxious hatred of?

• Thumbs Up 8

Well this is 

something

I was gonna type "a surprise" then "a pleasant surprise" then "expected" but none of those quite fit.

Customizable abilities is definitely a massive plus, the level design is going to be mandatory to accommodate for it. And honestly...call it DeviantArt and stereotype all you want with this fanbase, but everyone has wanted to make their own character for something. Look at Dragon Ball Xenoverse, DBZ was basically the DeviantArt OC series when Sonic wasn't. You can play "your name the hedgehog" on Google the same way just by adding numbers after "SSJ" above 4.

The gameplay itself isn't shown moving super fast ever, but that looks more because out wants to show off the abilities than because it can't go fast. I hope it controls well, because if it does it's the "boost without the boost" gameplay poodle have wanted.

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Being too Sonic is a taboo nowadays.

Sonic is not synonymous with "edgy" and everyone's told you that hundreds of times. Just because you want it to be grimdark doesn't mean it's the series identity.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Go play Sonic CD again.

That's not gonna do anything. It's got some dark backgrounds in the bad futures, but it ain't dark nor serious.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Diogenes said:

Likewise, since you don't seem to remember what it was actually like.

This time, use the U.S. soundtrack. 

I really don't like the way these games end up with multiple, significantly different gameplay styles. Variety is good, but the way Sonic Team ends up doing it results in like 2-3 different ideas spread thinly over a 5-6 hour romp. 

You know what? Why not have this entire game set in a world where Sonic and his friends don't exist? Keep it separate. It could be the start of an entirely different spinoff series.

Gotta get that Sonic brand money. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

There are literally Golden Rings in the last one dude. Jesus Christ what doesn't this fandom have a pointless obnoxious hatred of?

Just having rings isn't enough for something to feel like a Sonic game.

1 minute ago, It's a Very Merry Miru said:

This time, use the U.S. soundtrack. 

Makes no difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Just having rings isn't enough for something to feel like a Sonic game.

Makes no difference.

Arguments like these is exactly why we have the contradictory stuff happening in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 2

The custom character kinda reminds me of the Sonic Boom cartoon extras... There were a few good designs in there. Plus I've seen some cool custom options so far, like Chao backpacks and some armor looking stuff.

I wonder though, will you be able to change the spine style for the Hedgehog option? That'd be cool.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

You're right man! Just like in this screenshot too!

TTmHCeT.png

And lol... obnoxious hatred... if you say so buster.

• Thumbs Up 9

The Sonic franchise has leaned towards more standard action platforming with some speed and combat elements for longer than it has classic-esque gameplay. To say nothing of the art and character designs. It looks like a 3D Sonic game. Whether it's the kind you want is a different story.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, BubbleButt TV said:

There's a difference between a game having slightly dark or creepy undertones and a game being extremely over the top with its forced edgyness.

There's a difference between dark undertones throughout and dark undertones only in specific parts. 

• Thumbs Up 1